talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Torneo Descentralizado

football forum

I'll more than likely be talking to myself here, but here is the Peruvian league thread.

I have written a brief history and the format on a blog I was recently hired. Have asked for permission to share it but I won't post anything until I get the green light. Until then I'll just go ahead and post the standings of the first tournament, the Torneo de Verano

Group A

1. Sport Rosario - 17

2. Melgar - 16

3. Sporting Cristal - 12

4. Union Comercio - 9

5. San Martin - 9

6. Ayacucho - 8

7. Alianza Atletico - 7

8. Academia Cantolao - 6

Group B

1. UTC Cajamarca - 16 

2. Sport Huancayo - 14

3. Real Garcilaso - 14

4. Alianza Lima - 12 

5. Comerciantes Unidos - 10

6. Deportivo Municipal - 8

7. Universitario - 6 

8. Juan Aurich - 5

Provincial teams doing well so far, although this tournament only gets a Libertadores spot. The apertura and clausura are the real deal.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you don't mind me asking how many games do your seasons last for and how many have been played so far this season? Obviously the Peruvian league isn't widely coveted over here like say Ligo Do Brasil. Carry on posting: ven if I don't respond straight away I'll be looking.

3 minutes ago, Cure said:

If you don't mind me asking how many games do your seasons last for and how many have been played so far this season? Obviously the Peruvian league isn't widely coveted over here like say Ligo Do Brasil. Carry on posting: ven if I don't respond straight away I'll be looking.

The Peruvian league is very very complex. Once I get permission to post it (if ever) you'll get a bit of a longer sample of how the format is like. I'll cover it briefly here

I couldn't tell you how many games are played in a season because we are one of the few countries that changes format every year. For example, 2 seasons ago it would be the Torneo del Inca, the Apertura and the Clausura. The winners of all 3 tournaments went into a semi final (4th team best aggregate table). Last season it was just the top 4 in the accumulated table that went to the semi final. This season, we have the Torneo de Verano which is like the Torneo del inca. Winner only gets a Libertadores spot. The winner of the Apertura and Clausura play off in a final at the end of the year, so its a bit more simple this time.

So far this season, we've played I believe 8. League is off right now because of the floods going on in the country, although even if we weren't experiencing disasters, it would still be the int break. 

League suspended til the 8th, as of just now. I know most parts of Peru are in a state of emergency, but I truly hope this isn't a bad sign for the country because I was seriously hoping these floods would be close to blowing over. :(

Just a bit of a random post here since the league is off at the moment, but if you're ever looking for bloopers, this is the league to go to. I love this league but the standard IS very low and you'll see a lot of sitters missed and defensive errors. Also hilarious stories in the media. I think there was one where Chiquito Flores went out to buy bread at 5 in the morning while drunk. Absolutely brilliant.

The worst player I've ever seen at Universitario was German Alemanno. Argentinian striker now playing for Coopsol in the second division. He missed goals that were genuinely impossible to miss and about 4 times a game. It was frustrating but it must have been hilarious for a neutral. I think the 2014 bloopers top 10 video made by CMD here had 6 that were by German Alemanno. 

This was the worst of them all

If you enjoy blooper videos, enjoy the most recent one.

Just to give more of an introduction to this league.

Actually, this one is better, and the official top 20 that was shown on TV. The other is a fanmade video. It also had incredibly shit music.

Looking at individual player stats on DeChalaca. Universitario's stats are embarrasingly bad for having supposedly built "the dream team" xD

8b99269f96080ecce3acb34278ce7387.png

Right now I'm looking to form a best 11 of the Torneo de Verano which is a bit tough given I haven't seen every team yet. I've seen all the Lima teams, Melgar and a few provincial sides but there's still a few I need to get to see on a more consistent basis. Perhaps this, I'll have to ask my mates before I uploaded it anywhere.

Gonna leave 2 possible lineups in here.

Viana

J. Herrera - Cazulo - M. Quina - Cespedes

Vilchez - Luis Aguiar

Mazaneda - Lavandeira - O. Fernandez

Tejada

Libman

J. Herrera - Cazulo - M. Quina - Loyola

Aquino - Guerrero

Ramua - Lliuya - O. Fernandez

E. Herrera

Just have to decide which one is more accurate as well as mixing the lineups to make them as accurate as possible.

Hmmm I think I'll go with this

Viana

Vilchez - Luis Aguiar

Manzaneda - Lavandeira - O. Fernandez

Emanuel Herrera

Think that's probably the best and most agreeable lineup but I'll give it one more think to see if there is anything I should change.

In other news, Troglio is the new manager of Universitario.

Finally, a qualified manager for the job. I sincerely hope his style suits us. There was a lot of excitement over Luis Fernando Suarez when he was appointed, but his style wasn't for us. Months of not having a tactical order. It would be fair to assume that we will get that back.

Bienvenido maestro Troglio!

Reimond Manco has signed for Union Comercio. How does that ill disciplined and careless twat keep signing for teams in the first division? For those who don't know he was deemed to be the biggest thing in Peruvian football in a long time, his team reached the U17 World Cup quarter finals in I believe 2007. He ended up being our Freddy Adu and he's a joke. I still remember when he got picked for a match for UTC in the starting lineup and he came to the match dressed as a tiger. 

As long as he never signs for Universitario, then I don't mind him being in our league but its baffling why clubs still want him. Not even that good and a troublemaker.

Ah well at least he's not selling vaccuums now like Adu xD

Upcoming matches

UTC vs Sport Huancayo

Juan Aurich vs Deportivo Municipal

San Martin vs Academia Cantolao

Sport Rosario vs Union Comercio

Universitario vs Alianza Lima (the Superclasico)

Real Garcilaso vs Comerciantes Unidos

Melgar vs Ayacucho

Sporting Cristal vs Alianza Atletico de Sullana

Only one Peruvian league game this weekend. I thought this one was also suspended but thankfully not. Union Comercio vs Melgar.

The lineups

Melgar

Union Comercio

Players to watch

Melgar have a team full of quality players but I'm going to pick out Omar Fernandez who is arguably the best player in the league. Also Emanuel Herrera who is a great striker for this level. For Union Comercio, Cristian Bogado has to be the one. 5 goals and second in the goalscoring charts, he's a player I've always rated but seems to be happy at Comercio and can't see him making a move to Lima. He's a legend at the club.

Union Comercio lose at home 2-1 to Melgar in a fair result. Even game but Melgar took one their final few chances and won the game. Melgar go first in their group for now. 2 free kick goals, 1 from Lucho Garcia, the other for Renteria. Nilson Loyola with the winner for La Rojinegra.

2 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Only one Peruvian league game this weekend. I thought this one was also suspended but thankfully not. Union Comercio vs Melgar.

The lineups

Melgar

Union Comercio

Players to watch

Melgar have a team full of quality players but I'm going to pick out Omar Fernandez who is arguably the best player in the league. Also Emanuel Herrera who is a great striker for this level. For Union Comercio, Cristian Bogado has to be the one. 5 goals and second in the goalscoring charts, he's a player I've always rated but seems to be happy at Comercio and can't see him making a move to Lima. He's a legend at the club.

That Omar Fernandez has a head like a deformed peanut.

What's the attendance for this game? With the recent flooding I don't suspect it'll be too high.

That Omar Fernandez has a head like a deformed peanut.

What does the attendance look like for this game? With the recent flooding I don't suspect it'll be too high.

Union Comercio usually gets around 1000-3000 attendance per game. They're not a big nor traditional club. They're from the jungle though where I believe is the least affected area by the floods (my guess as to why this game was given the green light). I can imagine the attendance was something around 2000. It should be on ADFP's site in a bit.

8 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Union Comercio usually gets around 1000-3000 attendance per game. They're not a big nor traditional club. They're from the jungle though where I believe is the least affected area by the floods (my guess as to why this game was given the green light). I can imagine the attendance was something around 2000. It should be on ADFP's site in a bit.

The Amazon? Do many teams derive from the forest?

The Amazon? Do many teams derive from the forest?

At the moment, just Union Comercio. Peru is divided by 3 terrains, coast, mountains and jungles. Personally I think more jungle teams need to find their way to the first division. They always bring people to the stadium, and players from the jungle are the second best (behind the coast). They always pluck players out of nowhere that turn into quality. For example, Miguel Trauco is Peru's 3rd best player. He's at Flamengo now but he was a nobody until last year and even played in the third tier a few years back. He's purely from the jungle and got attention when he moved to Universitario from Comercio. Peru is very Lima-centric unfortunately, so you have to play here or you won't get much attention. 

Since 2010, the primera have only had 3 teams from the jungle. Colegio Nacional Iquitos (traditional club), Sport Loreto, and Union Comercio. All 3 helped the football grow in some way. Here is a map of how the terrain is divided up and where each team is located.

ff113adb1ddb6318cd195c32190ad746.png5db1f9cec27d8afcb73385d44db2c09c.png

On 22/3/2017 at 10:46 AM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Hmmm I think I'll go with this

Viana

Vilchez - Luis Aguiar

Manzaneda - Lavandeira - O. Fernandez

Emanuel Herrera

Think that's probably the best and most agreeable lineup but I'll give it one more think to see if there is anything I should change.

Changed it a bit and decided on my 11.

c4dad58083a03312c8409572d265050f.png

Won't be able to watch the games today. Going to be at a distrital game. I expect a draw between Alianza Atletico vs Universidad San Martin de Porres and Alianza Lima to beat Juan Aurich.

3-0 win over our eternal rivals Alianza Lima last night in the superclasico. What a start for Pedro Troglio! We didn't run rings around them but we were effective in attack and the defence was unpassable. 3 defensive minded midfielders covering the backline and Alberto Rodriguez being easily the best CB in the league and way too good for the Peruvian league.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived