talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

CAF World Cup Qualification

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Group B sums up how much of a mess the organization is. 3 nations that went to the last world cup all in a group and only 1 goes. Shame to see Algeria looking to miss out but they are nowhere near as good as they were in 2014. I've seen them a bit in the cup of nations. Shadow of the side.

I'd like to see South Africa qualify again.

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Group B sums up how much of a mess the organization is. 3 nations that went to the last world cup all in a group and only 1 goes. Shame to see Algeria looking to miss out but they are nowhere near as good as they were in 2014. I've seen them a bit in the cup of nations. Shadow of the side.

I'd like to see South Africa qualify again.

I also watched a bit of the Cup of Nations.

Stupid indeed about Group B. In good news, looks like Egypt has a clear path.

5 minutes ago, ATL said:

I also watched a bit of the Cup of Nations.

Stupid indeed about Group B. In good news, looks like Egypt has a clear path.

Egypt is probably the best example of it being impossible to tell who are the best side in Africa. They've won the African Cup of Nations 7 times. They've won it 4 times since 1998 and don't have a single world cup appearance since 1990. They're always getting screwed by some playoff (which there won't be any this time) or something silly. They've always had good players, although lower on the names side of things just because they have a decent domestic league which isn't covered much abroad. Understandably but its an advantage over the other African nations as the Egyptian league is the best in the continent.

I'd say on paper, Senegal are the best right now but they have the same tactical problems as most African sides do. I'd still like to see them in the World Cup but I can't see them doing very much.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Uganda 1-0 Egypt- Egypt looked terrible no plan going forward, Salah had a poor game maybe because of travelling issues but fair play to Uganda. They were better then i thought now they are top of the group. Egypt can comfortably beat them at home if they can get their heads right. 

If Uganda win this tuesday, they are 90% in the World Cup.

I just wanted to point that out. We could be 2 matches away from seeing this squad in the world cup.

17127756ee9d9e5b550fdef2f160988a.png

xD

Archived