talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Holiday Thread

football forum

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Blue said:

Anyone ever been to Morrocco? I've been invited to a u21 tournament as a scout and the company will pay everything. It's gathered my interest.

Been to Marrakech. Where are you going? 

• Administrator
On 26/11/2017 at 2:24 PM, Blue said:

That's exactly where I've been asked to go. How is it?

quite nice. went there for 5 days/nights and got shingles on the last day so the less said about that bit the better!

There's a new town and old town part to Marrakech and we did both. We stayed in an all-inclusive hotel so there wasn't much reason to go out every night. The one night we did was on a Saturday and it doesn't get properly going til about midnight. 

The old part of the town is great though - so much history to it and it's very busy, lots of hustle and bustle. The riads are amazing and you should definitely find time to go in one and experience it. It's basically like an open-plan, fancy decor, courtyard-esque kind of places. They're beautiful. People are generally quite friendly and hospitable. 

We weren't too far from some local villages up in some mountains, too. Took a drive down there and that was quite different - when we got there, we go on a walking guided tour up to the top of the mountains and as you go up, there's lots of locals with their stalls and market trading places. Quite nice to see the traditional side of the area. There's places where you can have lunch or some drinks where the tables/chairs are based in a local stream (obviously very shallow) - it's water from natural springs so it's all pure and clean and certainly nothing I've ever done before! At this mountainous place were many small shops where they produce and sell their own argan oil as well, which is one thing Morocco is known for. 

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Anton said:

How long for? Australia too?

Yeah, although Australia a brief time.

2 weeks in New Zealand, 1 week in Oz. Going to travel all of South Island including Queenstown and Dunedin (think I'll give Christchurch a miss). Australia will be just Sydney and Gosford. Latter for a central coast mariners game.

5 hours ago, Danny said:

Received my working holiday visa for New Zealand, due to fly out in March. Heading to Auckland first for some work and then going to spend a snowy winter in Queenstown learning to snowboard!

How long you gonna be out there for? Their accent is fucked. Have fun!

But snowboarding hell yeah!

Off to Cambodia on Sunday!!

3 minutes ago, Anton said:

I remember when I was calling NZ football for work, they gave me their email and I genuinely couldn't understand their pronounciation for some of the letters. When they said NZ, it was "in zid" and I just did not know they said it like that so the guy on the phone was frustrated after I kept asking xD

Nice about Cambodia. I've been, going near Siem Reap?

7 hours ago, Anton said:

I work with two Kiwi lads who I assume are Maori, one of them their accent is fairly tame though noticeable but the other is a full on stereotype haha.

Much better than what I assume is the more white Kiwi accent, had a Kiwi teacher and everything is so elongated.

1 minute ago, Danny said:

I work with two Kiwi lads who I assume are Maori, one of them their accent is fairly tame though noticeable but the other is a full on stereotype haha.

Much better than what I assume is the more white Kiwi accent, had a Kiwi teacher and everything is so elongated.

Assumption is the Mother of all fuck ups mate.... be sure!!! 

35 minutes ago, roversgirl said:

Trip to Toronto booked for next year, I can't wait to sample some of the Canadian sport (and food!). Plan on taking in an MLS game if Toronto are at home along with some baseball.

Go to a maple leafs game! They're my ice hockey team!

3 hours ago, roversgirl said:

Trip to Toronto booked for next year, I can't wait to sample some of the Canadian sport (and food!). Plan on taking in an MLS game if Toronto are at home along with some baseball.

I'm literally in Toronto as we speak! Going up to go back down to NZ tomorrow.

Also don't expect much from Canadian food. It's some of the worst cuisine I've had, and I've lived there 12 years.

Edited by Guest

As I said, I'm in New Zealand right now.

Mid year I'm going to visit one of my best mates in Northern BC and also go to Whitehorse while I'm at it. Always wanted to visit northern Canada.