talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid CF Discussion

football forum

The interview is much longer than that and it goes deeper into Morata's time at Juventus...

But the reason that extract is being mentioned a lot in Italy this morning is because it talks about three major issues and says a lot in-between the lines.  A lot can be read into that without even being conspiratorial or sensationalist in terms of COACHES, CLUBS and PLAYERS.

Very few times at the top end do we get to hear about what goes on and even less, sentiments, true sentiments without the ex-player or ex-coach looking to take a cheap shot at where they were before.  You can see here that it's genuine and that truth is one that tells us more than a book written at the end of someone's career.

Everyone (I'm talking about the professionals and not fans here) suffers from bias in all sorts of forms whether it be from the colours you support, patriotism or personal issues.  That extract is so good that you can even bring other names surrounding all three clubs (mainly two), two coaches into the foray without any issues and not being far wrong...  You can make such a global picture of a certain time-span it's incredible.

This is the reason I've brought in the Chelsea boys on here to comment and the reason I've put it on the Real Madrid thread is because it affects Real on the whole a lot more than anyone else.

football forum

Funny if Perez will stick to his word (which we all know he won't) when he said that Zidane now has the job "for life".

I said at the time that as soon as things turn sour he would be off (because let's face it, he was only supposed to be a stop-gap anyway).

51 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Funny if Perez will stick to his word (which we all know he won't) when he said that Zidane now has the job "for life".

I said at the time that as soon as things turn sour he would be off (because let's face it, he was only supposed to be a stop-gap anyway).

He wasn't meant to get the job.  He was convinced by others to give it to him.  But let's see what happens...  I doubt anything will just yet.

10 hours ago, Cannabis said:

we all know Perez.   he is never patient with his managers.    sad to see Zidane go ( he will be let go ) ........

30 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

we all know Perez.   he is never patient with his managers.    sad to see Zidane go ( he will be let go ) ........

Far be it from me and God forbid me defending Don Florentino Pérez...  But in his defence, Florentino has always maintained the same mantra as president of Real Madrid CF.  Even in his first tenure in the 90s he used to say;

"Nobody's job is safe at Real Madrid because this is the greatest club in the history of football.  The level must always be at the top and if that doesn't occur you lose your job.  My own job isn't even safe and I've been sacked by the members in my first time as president"

Remember that Florentino Pérez isn't a club owner.  Nobody owns Real Madrid as it is owned by the fans who democratically elect their president.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Far be it from me and God forbid me defending Don Florentino Pérez...  But in his defence, Florentino has always maintained the same mantra as president of Real Madrid CF.  Even in his first tenure in the 90s he used to say;

"Nobody's job is safe at Real Madrid because this is the greatest club in the history of football.  The level must always be at the top and if that doesn't occur you lose your job.  My own job isn't even safe and I've been sacked by the members in my first time as president"

Remember that Florentino Pérez isn't a club owner.  Nobody owns Real Madrid as it is owned by the fans who democratically elect their president.

that's just his alibi.    He has failed as a President during the first Galacticos years.   his biggest mistake was giving Del Bosque the boot, after that, yikes, i don't know how many managers they had.

lol wtf.. people are banging about his goal yesterday against spurs? he was just swinging his legs at everything in the box amidst the chaos and luckily one went in... the way he blocked Ramos's shot was amazing though... :rofl:

And his post match interview was hilarious too, I have never seen him talk about his "good performance" but goals because he barely produces one and he knows it.. however since the goals have dried up this year he talks about "big performance" which wasnt actually there in yesterday's match. If 1 or 2 of his 20 shots per game doesnt go into the goal no one really remembers this lad, except maybe some of his underwear ad lovers xD

I think they'll come good in the second half of the season but I can't think but help they need a change tactically, they were very one dimensional I thought last season but because of the ferocity at which they can dominate and can come at the majority of teams in La Liga meant that they would always find a way through eventually. In the bigger games they would mix it up a bit and either look to dominate and get on the ball or they liked to play on the counter a lot and take advantage of the space the bigger teams use to give them.

At the moment you have Ronaldo just waiting to be fed and not offering anything to the overall play, Benzema is useless. Then if there's no space to counter, everything falls on Isco or the wingbacks and they don't have much else creativity wise. Carvajal is also out which doesn't help matters as a lot of their play comes from the wide areas.

1 hour ago, carefreeluke said:

I think they'll come good in the second half of the season but I can't think but help they need a change tactically, they were very one dimensional I thought last season but because of the ferocity at which they can dominate and can come at the majority of teams in La Liga meant that they would always find a way through eventually. In the bigger games they would mix it up a bit and either look to dominate and get on the ball or they liked to play on the counter a lot and take advantage of the space the bigger teams use to give them.

At the moment you have Ronaldo just waiting to be fed and not offering anything to the overall play, Benzema is useless. Then if there's no space to counter, everything falls on Isco or the wingbacks and they don't have much else creativity wise. Carvajal is also out which doesn't help matters as a lot of their play comes from the wide areas.

Real Madrid are weaker squad wise this season because they've replaced certain pieces of the 'B' side which were experienced with youth.  It's true that in years to come the young players they've signed will bring them joy because they've brought in top top talent.

But just to name three components from last season that would be extremely important to their success and are no longer plying their trade at the Santiago Bernabéu...

When a defender is out, she are they calling on?  Achraf instead of Danilo?...  It's true that Danilo was one of the biggest wastes of money in the Florentino era, but he had experience and this kid literally had to change his underpants at half time at Wembley the other night.

Who for Pepe?  Yes it's true Pepe couldn't give Real Madrid 90 minutes week in week out anymore, but his experience and his long career at the top should've been enough to have convinced the Real Madrid technical team that they should've just given him those 2 years he wanted instead of the 1 year the club offered him.  Zidane has been reverting to 3 at the back in many games by putting Casemiro there and the player has been murdered every single time by every team this has been used against.

Mayoral for Morata? Mayoral looks a big talent for the future, but the experience the young legs of Morata already had was one of the biggest luxuries I've witnessed in football in a long time.  In the end Morata demanded to leave with no more dodgy clauses, but Álvaro Morata was second top scorer at Real Madrid last season with 20 goals and that was coming off the bench.

Then there are other vital issues occurring here...  The trio in midfield are playing some incredibly low quality of football in the shape of Mordrić, Kroos and Casemiro.  Two months ago against both Manchester United and FC Barcelona they arrived at those two pre-season title deciding games in mid-season form!  It seems the emphasis and focus of the training staff was to have those players all ready and waiting for two teams that were for varying reasons still not ready and putting things in order.  Man Utd once again had a whole bunch of marquee players to gel into Mourinho's philosophy in football and Barça had a new manager with also traumatically losing Neymar in a summer novel saga a week earlier...  Both groggy and Real Madrid in top shape!  This is at least what the serious analysts are saying is the main issue here with Real's form right now, especially the heart of the midfield.  The only player in tip top shape and in great form in midfield for Real Madrid at the moment is Isco...  That's it!

Then we come to how Real Madrid attack their opponents which is using the flanks, wide play.  Marcelo has come back from his injury and he is playing terrible football...  He's still extremely important in attacking elements but defensively (where he's always been poor but in recent times not as poor) he's been a disaster since returning.  That poor defending from him is the main reason when things aren't going well in a game Zidane resorts to a 3 at the back by pushing Marcelo forward up the field and relieving him from the majority of defensive duties.  But the biggest and most massive knife in the gutt has come from their best player last season...  No, not Cristiano Ronaldo who was also absolutely shite in the first half of last season.  No...  The biggest problem is the heart issue revolving Dani Carvajal!  He's their everything in creating quality attacks and even though he seems to be on his way back and soon due to return, he's been MASSIVELY missed and a big part of their problem going forward.  Also having the option of relying on Gareth Bale when you need a monotone man that just thinks about powering forward in a nonsensical manner but which is effective, then that's hurt too!

Finally I come to something Zinedine Zidane is being attacked on left, right and centre!  His fetish in the shape of Karim Benzema!  The french player has been dragging his arse around the field for two months.  He has been absolutely dismal and yet Zinedine Zidane has ignored everything and everyone by continuing to play him.  For some, the reason is because of Benzema's Algerian origins and for others it's because of Benzema's Algerian origins but also so as to give Didier Deschamps more headaches in the saga revolving him not wanting to play Benzema ever again in the France national team.  In other words Zidane may be trying to get Benzema to have more possibilities of going to the World Cup.

Now whatever it is in the Benzema case, what's for sure is that he is playing absolutely shit!  Cristiano Ronaldo isn't playing much better and only has 1 goal in La Liga this season.  But Cristiano is Cristiano and there's no point in comparing the two.  Zidane should be careful if he doesn't want to end up being sacked because at Real Madrid there is no credit system.  You don't accumulate Nectar Points at Real Madrid CF where in times of need you can cash them in to save your arse for a while.  At Real Madrid you are thanked for what you gave, given all the diamond encrusted watches you like and maybe even a statue or two can be commissioned.  But rightly, the club live in the present because that's the way life is.  It may be cruel, but that's it and if you're gonna try and do something different, then make sure you've covered your arse so as to not be pulled apart by the media and get Florentino Pérez throwing everything around in his office in a fit of rage.

Edited by SirBalon

4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

To be honest, I rate that Moroccan lad. Fine defender and played s crucial part in Morocco almost qualifying for the WC 

He does look to be interesting for the future, but he's not quick.  Plus this is Real Madrid and what he's been doing for his national team against other African nations is very different to what is required from him in the way Real Madrid play and attack coupled with the quality of adversary Real play against.  He is nowhere near ready and I'm not even sure if his qualities are those required by Real.  Achraf seems to be more valuable for the future in a team that plays a more static defence based on discipline while others do the dynamic work of attack and recover.

3 minutes ago, carefreeluke said:

They needed to bring a striker in regardless, Benzema I would argue has been past his sell by date for a couple of years now at least.

Who are they going to convince that's good enough to bang in 15 goals or more this season and be happy on the bench?

Benzema WON'T be dropped!

Have you been following the hilarious spat between both Gary Lineker and Zidane?  Lineker on Twitter has been laying into Zizou and Zidane has taken the bait by responding in press conferences all revolving the Benzema situation. xD

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

They lost two big players in Morata and James. A crucial injury to Carvajal (Real's 2nd most important player),  Not to mention a very hectic pre-season. 

They can still pull it around, and sacking Zidane would be retarded. 

Perez is retarded, we've seen it in the past.

Everything is in shambles now.   The defense is like marshmallow, so soft that the other teams can easily toy with them and of course score.     the midfield is confused.  and the attack is like a rusty sword.

2 hours ago, bozziovai said:

Perez is retarded, we've seen it in the past.

Everything is in shambles now.   The defense is like marshmallow, so soft that the other teams can easily toy with them and of course score.     the midfield is confused.  and the attack is like a rusty sword.

I can’t beleive I’d ever be doing this but for the first time ever Florentino Pérez has nothing to do with the present situation with the squad. Every sale was requested by Zidane himself except for Morata who demanded it and Real thought it wasn’t going to happen and found themselves in a situation where they were late comers to an over inflated market at the final stages. 

10 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I can’t beleive I’d ever be doing this but for the first time ever Florentino Pérez has nothing to do with the present situation with the squad. Every sale was requested by Zidane himself except for Morata who demanded it and Real thought it wasn’t going to happen and found themselves in a situation where they were late comers to an over inflated market at the final stages. 

yeah.    this is the first time in a many years that Perez has consented to his manager's request by not buying any "superstar".   no galactico purchase and trusted on the youth coming up the ranks. 

but still, when things don't go his ( perez ) way, he always fires his managers.

football forum

Yet another injury set-back for Gareth Bale in what is fast becoming a bit of a nightmare for him in Spain. After the initial season or so where he was on fire things seem to be slowly spiralling downhill and I wouldn't be surprised if his Real Madrid career is on as much borrowed time as Zidane's.

• Administrator

Actually, when you look at his time in Spain, for every succession of games he was able to play, it was followed by a stint out injured. He’s now managing about 2 games and then an injury. To me something isn’t right with his body or how it’s being looked after for this to be so recurrent 

I don’t think he’s ever been on fire in Spain. He’s had sporadic moments which have always tended to be free run on goals but rarely anything resembling a dominant performace. For most in Spain his best moment was the goal in the first Champions League Final from a header which put Atlético Madrid to bed due to being physically wasted.

For example that goal he scored against Barça in the Copa del Rey final isn’t really seen as something special in Spain because it was a free run on goal with only Piqué covering for Alves who’d gone on walkabout. 

In Spain he’s seen as a failure although at the same time people recognise that Real Madrid need goals right now and he may have been an outlet for that. He’s definitely needed right now.