talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Real Madrid CF Discussion

football forum

Both Juve and Milan could have won even more Champions League titles in the 90s, they both lost multiple finals in the decade. Milan were generally the best team in Europe from early to mid 90s, and Juve were generally the best team from the mid to late 90s. I imagine that Juve would have been the heavy favourites to win both the 1997 and 1998 finals. 

As weird as it may sound, it can be argued that 'only' 3 Champions League titles for Serie A clubs in the 90s, when the league was by far the strongest in the world with none of the Premier League, La Liga and Bundesliga coming close,  was actually an underachievement for the league. Of course though their clubs utterly dominated the UEFA Cup in that decade, and also won a few Cup Winners' Cups. 

• Upvote 1

He's being nice!

But he is right in one thing...  Once Messi took Moonface for a ride in the 14th minute and he got booked, the game changed.  The just have to put someone talented on Moonface like Dybala and then we can all have a laugh seeing him try to chop him down.

• 2 weeks later...

I can believe that for the simple reason that last summer when Florentino initially went in for Paul Pogba, Zidane told the Real Madrid president that he didn't want him and that he did actually want Kanté.

N'Golo Kanté is twice the player in every respect that Moon Face is.

3 hours ago, Cannabis said:

It wasn't too difficult as there weren't any other candidates and he ran on his own which meant that as the sole option, there was no vote for the "socios" to state their preference on.

The problem with any serious candidate appearing in the future with the change in the club's constitution and statutes set by Florentino Pérez on his return as president some years back means that it's almost nigh on impossible.  He has fervent detractors and people against him (very strong people), but the rules set by him have made it very difficult indeed and with no guarantee of winning, nobody is willing to try right now.  They (those that are against him) were hoping that their season ended up in a blank which it could've.  That's the only way to make a movement for censure on certain aspects of his governance.  They'll just bide their time for now.

Edited by SirBalon

21 minutes ago, Azeem98 said:

@SirBalon Does your hatred for Madrid would be much less if Pérez leaves the club seeing as you are a bit anti-Madrid xD

Firstly let me say that I don't hate Real Madrid CF as an entity.  My past on the other forum where I started the RM thread with everything I've ever written is there to see by everyone.  I have no idea what some other posts on another thread referring to "toxic" posts mean...  Maybe there were, but never from me as I think in general I've always been balanced.

Indeed my "hatred" if you want to use that word, has intensified with Florentino Pérez and things I follow within Spanish football (the every day things) that don't get to be talked about on here as I would be posting everyday if that were the case and I can't be doing that as I don't have the time.

As a Barça "supporter" "sympathiser" of course the rivalry is intense, but that's totally normal and something that has always been there and will continue to be there.  But I'm not irrational with a hatred that has no foundation.  Many of my Spanish friends both here in the UK and in Spain are Real Madrid fans, I would say the majority, and we have a laugh with the banter both when we're together over some drinks and on WhatsApp I won't even go into the things said! xD

But!!!  There is a BUT!...  With people that don't follow the Spanish league in detail, also with people which I consider to follow either a club or individuals, then I have no mercy with those sorts!  I don't consider them to be football fans and do consider them as trend followers which means I can't think and feel seriously about them and most of what I either hear from them (not much on the hearing stakes as I don't associate with people like that in my everyday life) or read from them.  When you know about something and then you read what someone else has written with the intention of "fandom" (which is totally different to being a fan) it really grates on me.  A big part of that is because for example the people on here on the most part follow Spanish football from afar and won't be reading the ins and outs on details every day.  So someone comes on here spouting rubbish or depicting news reels from biased journalism, it makes me feel that the whole thing is being derailed and the hard work that goes into it, ends up being petty remarks and digs at one another, myself getting involved and included unfortunately.

But on the whole, in the real world, the football world, yes my "hate" (if you want to call it that) has intensified since Florentino Pérez has been president and nothing to do with winning but everything to do with other factors.  Real Madrid's real fanbase itself is split on Florentino Pérez with half thanking him for various things from taking the club out from the financial hell hole it was in in his first stint in charge and returning the club to being a serious entity in European football.  The other side of their fanbase hate him because they see him as having stolen the soul from the club and what it was originally known for "Señorío" (being gentlemanly) and is now known as a club that plays the political scene in such a way that it has all gone beyond sport.  But I won't go into that last part.

The reason I've made the post so long is because certain things can't be answered with a simple yes or no in life when there are others that are too quick to make a cheap quip. ;)

50 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Firstly let me say that I don't hate Real Madrid CF as an entity.  My past on the other forum where I started the RM thread with everything I've ever written is there to see by everyone.  I have no idea what some other posts on another thread referring to "toxic" posts mean...  Maybe there were, but never from me as I think in general I've always been balanced.

Indeed my "hatred" if you want to use that word, has intensified with Florentino Pérez and things I follow within Spanish football (the every day things) that don't get to be talked about on here as I would be posting everyday if that were the case and I can't be doing that as I don't have the time.

As a Barça "supporter" "sympathiser" of course the rivalry is intense, but that's totally normal and something that has always been there and will continue to be there.  But I'm not irrational with a hatred that has no foundation.  Many of my Spanish friends both here in the UK and in Spain are Real Madrid fans, I would say the majority, and we have a laugh with the banter both when we're together over some drinks and on WhatsApp I won't even go into the things said! xD

But!!!  There is a BUT!...  With people that don't follow the Spanish league in detail, also with people which I consider to follow either a club or individuals, then I have no mercy with those sorts!  I don't consider them to be football fans and do consider them as trend followers which means I can't think and feel seriously about them and most of what I either hear from them (not much on the hearing stakes as I don't associate with people like that in my everyday life) or read from them.  When you know about something and then you read what someone else has written with the intention of "fandom" (which is totally different to being a fan) it really grates on me.  A big part of that is because for example the people on here on the most part follow Spanish football from afar and won't be reading the ins and outs on details every day.  So someone comes on here spouting rubbish or depicting news reels from biased journalism, it makes me feel that the whole thing is being derailed and the hard work that goes into it, ends up being petty remarks and digs at one another, myself getting involved and included unfortunately.

But on the whole, in the real world, the football world, yes my "hate" (if you want to call it that) has intensified since Florentino Pérez has been president and nothing to do with winning but everything to do with other factors.  Real Madrid's real fanbase itself is split on Florentino Pérez with half thanking him for various things from taking the club out from the financial hell hole it was in in his first stint in charge and returning the club to being a serious entity in European football.  The other side of their fanbase hate him because they see him as having stolen the soul from the club and what it was originally known for "Señorío" (being gentlemanly) and is now known as a club that plays the political scene in such a way that it has all gone beyond sport.  But I won't go into that last part.

The reason I've made the post so long is because certain things can't be answered with a simple yes or no in life when there are others that are too quick to make a cheap quip. ;)

:Spain: Surrender!

Edited by Azeem98

16 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I don't think Teso is toxic, I feel that would be true if it were intentional; he simply a fanboy and rubs people the wrong way. I've read and seen many of his other posts and it is obvious to see that there is a sincere side. Only yourself and Brian take particular umbridge towards Teso. He is a good member, he mightn't be the type you appreciate but at least he is different and all opinions are allowed. I enjoy all the opinions on here and there are many contrasting and opposite opinions.

Edited by Spike

Once again, this isn't the Teso/Brian show. One more derailment off topic by either of you soppy twats about personal abuse, the weird little history you have, unfair admin, sly digs aimed at each other etc its post preview. 

You're both half decent posters when you apply yourselves. It genuinely isn't that difficult to not type, respond or dig at each other. Self control boys. Otherwise, it's taken away. Peace.

• Upvote 1

This is the ongoing war between some of the Madrid press, journalists and Florentino Pérez.  They're attacking Florentino Pérez and they think that in doing so, that they're not attacking the club and are actually doing something in their benefit.  The main newspaper is AS who are and have been extremely ant-Florentino Pérez for various years now.  It's curious because AS is the most fervent supporter of Real Madrid between the Madrid based publications and yet they'll choose any slight chink in the armour of Real Madrid a reason to attack the president.

In truth though...  There are many Real Madrid fans that want the president out but can't do anything right now because of the results.

Edited by SirBalon

On 2017-6-22 at 3:20 AM, DeadLinesman said:

Once again, this isn't the Teso/Brian show. One more derailment off topic by either of you soppy twats about personal abuse, the weird little history you have, unfair admin, sly digs aimed at each other etc its post preview. 

You're both half decent posters when you apply yourselves. It genuinely isn't that difficult to not type, respond or dig at each other. Self control boys. Otherwise, it's taken away. Peace.

I've had very few digs at Teso since April, and you never come on so you see one and assume we're spamming the forum. If you don't have time to help moderate the place because of life, then resign and fuck off because you're an embarrassment.

Also, I don't care if I'm a good or shit poster. This isn't a competition of who's the best. Its a forum and I'm here to share my opinions. I've done my best to ignore Teso so I'm not sure what more you want.

Put me on post preview if you wish but I couldn't care less about your opinion on the matter. Its very hard to value it as compared to the rest of the staff.

Edited by Guest

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I've had very few digs at Teso since April, and you never come on so you see one and assume we're spamming the forum. If you don't have time to help moderate the place because of life, then resign and fuck off because you're an embarrassment.

Also, I don't care if I'm a good or shit poster. This isn't a competition of who's the best. Its a forum and I'm here to share my opinions. I've done my best to ignore Teso so I'm not sure what more you want.

Put me on post preview if you wish but I couldn't care less about your opinion on the matter. Its very hard to value it as compared to the rest of the staff.

xD

I think something interesting is brewing at Real Madrid with the more than probable acquisition of Kilyan Mbappé from AS Monaco. There are very interesting rumours with important sources saying that Gareth Bale could be out of the door...

Bale in general and aside from some sporadic moments has failed at Real Madrid with head coach Zinedine Zidane not seeing him as a reliable source within his squad. Aside from his countless injuries, the main factor is that the whole setup of the team has to change so as Bale can play and Zidane isn't up for the labour of being party to this.

Gareth Bale's biggest validator since arriving at the Santiago Bernabéu has always been the club President Florentino Pérez and several coaches that have passed through those doors in recent times have raised the same issues and a couple have even spoken out after departing Real Madrid that they were made to feel forced to play the Welsh footballer so as to accommodate a three pronged attack on the other two "musts" in the team (Cristiano Ronaldo and Karim Benzema).

If these rumours that on the almost certain arrival of Mbappé at Real Madrid comes to fruition... Where would Gareth Bale be more inclined to move to? Manchester United has been a constant earmarked destination in the past but then there's also Cristiano Ronaldo's desire to depart with Man Utd also being a probable destination.

What's about to occur at the Santiago Bernabéu looks more than just interesting. 

Edited by SirBalon

On 24/06/2017 at 3:05 AM, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Oh spare me you soft cunt. Just log out and fuck off instead of begging to be banned or suspended. 

1498479925376.jpg

Real Madrid want to sign Sandro Ramírez

With the more than probable departure of Álvaro Morata, Real Madrid would be light in the 9 position for next season and so they've apparently turned their head to the in fashion ex La Masia player now at Málaga, Sandro Ramírez.

His future has been one of much speculation so far the summer with his first destination having been apparently Atlético Madrid where he even had a medical, then AC Milan, then Everton (ongoing) and now apparently none other than Real Madrid.  The truth is that he had a fantastic season with the Andalusian club Málaga and that has confirmed what most people though which was that all he needed was confidence put on him by his coach and to play.

The truth is that the present board at Barcelona have messed up quite a bite since they got into power some years back with La Masia products and wherever it is Sandro ends up, it seems like it was another disastrous move by Barça.

Sandro Ramírez is currently on duty with the Spain U21 side which plays Italy in one of tonight's U21 European Championships semi-finals.

¡El Real Madrid quiere fichar a Sandro Ramírez!

Edited by SirBalon

• 2 weeks later...

1499521163377.jpg

AS: Dani Ceballos decides on Real Madrid

According to Madrid based sports newspaper, AS, Dani Ceballos who 5 days ago said that in two weeks time he would make his decision as to where he would be playing next season, has apparently made his decision and AS has made it public.

Both Real Madrid and FC Barcelona have been battling it out for the young Real Betis player and it seems that he has made his decision which will be made public in the following days.  He is known to be a fervent Barça fan, but as others in recent times (Isco and Asensio) of the same sympathies, the payer seems to have opted for the eternal rival.  This is something that the Barcelona board should take note because if there was ever something Barça always had over Real Madrid it was the fact that any Spanish youngster looking to further his career from another club would always look to the Catalans as the key to success.  This has changed in recent times the same as has changed the way the Barça board has been treating La Masia and its future.

Obviously these are rumours right now, but in my experience the Spanish press don't tend to speculate and always have very important sources for their declarations.  It waits to be seen what occurs the day Dani Ceballos talks and makes his decision.

He's actually a very talented young player and a definite coup by Real Madrid.  Real Madrid are now on pretty bad terms with Atlético Madrid (the club Theo was at) due to how Real handled the signing.  There's another anecdote on his presentation day where he was asked to kiss the badge on his shirt for the press and as with Isco, he refused to do it and limited himself to touching it with his right arm.

The kick-ups thing on presentation day is a tradition that's been going on for decades and he isn't the first to mess it up.  Thierry Henry for Barça did it, Figo for Barça got it wrong to and I remember being at Ever Banger's presentation for Valencia years ago where he made a pretty big mess of it.

15000256899250.jpg

Official:  Dani Ceballos moves from Real Betis to Real Madrid

It's now official and announced by both Real Betis Balompié and Real Madrid CF that midfielder Dani Ceballos is now a Real Madrid player.

The contract is a large one with a six year deal and a €150m buy-out clause.  The signing has gone for apparently €16.5m which is a coup for such a talented player although it's yet to be seen how much he is used by his new club Real Madrid.  Quique Setién, Betis' new coach tried to convince him to stay one more season under his coaching skills but the player understandably didn't want to let this train pass him by.

Dani Ceballos will be presented next Thursday at 13:00hrs at the Santiago Bernabéu.

Las cuentas del fichaje de Ceballos por el Madrid