talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

SSC Napoli Discussion

football forum

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally onboard with this, especially if Jorginho is outgoing.

Although realistically its about time Zielinski gets a chance as a starter. He's way too good to be a bench warmer.

1 minute ago, Blue said:

Totally onboard with this, especially if Jorginho is outgoing.

Although realistically its about time Zielinski gets a chance as a starter. He's way too good to be a bench warmer.

With Hamsik seemingly wanting away, could be time for Zielinski to move into their starting eleven. 

I can't imagine Paredes will come cheap. If they move for him, it must be only after selling Jorginho.

8 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Where would Hamšik go though?  He should stay at Napoli where he's a hero and not go be one of the bunch somewhere else. Silly move if he does it.

He is the one making noise about it. I suppose if you've been somewhere for as long as he has been, still at a very good level, you might fancy a change in lifestyle.

I can only imagine how his day to day life living there must be crazy. 

Wow AdL has really played a blinder with the Sarri situation. Sarri's not paid enough to where AdL think's it's massively important to remove him from the Napoli wage bill - so he's content to let Sarri keep getting paid while not managing Napoli unless Chelsea want to pay for Sarri to become their next manager. Meanwhile, he's secured Carlo Ancelotti as Sarri's replacement - not exactly a man lacking in managerial pedigree. So he's got a manager that's more than competent and accomplished to replace Sarri.

So now Chelsea are faced with a choice - pay up... or miss out on the man they've pegged to be manager this season. For Napoli the choice is paying a pittance to keep Sarri on a bit longer until his contract expires... or to make a bunch of money off a desperate Chelsea. The only parties that stand to lose anything major from this are Sarri, although I'm sure a year out of management and getting paid for nothing won't tarnish his reputation, and Chelsea... who're in this weird position due to Abramovich's closeness with a man who ordered a chemical attack in Britain surrounding the club.

AdL seems like he'd be an awful person to have anything to do with in real life. And I'd certainly hate doing business with him or working with him. But he's pretty great at being opportunistic for the betterment of Napoli.

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wow AdL has really played a blinder with the Sarri situation. Sarri's not paid enough to where AdL think's it's massively important to remove him from the Napoli wage bill - so he's content to let Sarri keep getting paid while not managing Napoli unless Chelsea want to pay for Sarri to become their next manager. Meanwhile, he's secured Carlo Ancelotti as Sarri's replacement - not exactly a man lacking in managerial pedigree. So he's got a manager that's more than competent and accomplished to replace Sarri.

So now Chelsea are faced with a choice - pay up... or miss out on the man they've pegged to be manager this season. For Napoli the choice is paying a pittance to keep Sarri on a bit longer until his contract expires... or to make a bunch of money off a desperate Chelsea. The only parties that stand to lose anything major from this are Sarri, although I'm sure a year out of management and getting paid for nothing won't tarnish his reputation, and Chelsea... who're in this weird position due to Abramovich's closeness with a man who ordered a chemical attack in Britain surrounding the club.

AdL seems like he'd be an awful person to have anything to do with in real life. And I'd certainly hate doing business with him or working with him. But he's pretty great at being opportunistic for the betterment of Napoli.

This is what I said further up... Napoli have two managers on the payroll and now it's evident what's ocurring Andy own intelligent Aurelio de Laurentiis actually is!

So, you want my ex-coach?

Really?

Talk to me because he's still under contract.

So how much exactly does ADL want for Sarri?

31 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is what I said further up... Napoli have two managers on the payroll and now it's evident what's ocurring Andy own intelligent Aurelio de Laurentiis actually is!

So, you want my ex-coach?

Really?

Talk to me because he's still under contract.

So how much exactly does ADL want for Sarri?

£8m, which in today's market doesn't seem major. I think Chelsea paid £14m for AVB also.

The whole situation is unusual as fuck tbh, but unusual is business as usual with AdL. I need to read his Wikipedia because he seems full on mental, yet isn't bad at what he does from the looks of it.

Apparently Sarri is suing him now and he/Napoli are countersuing.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

£8m, which in today's market doesn't seem major. I think Chelsea paid £14m for AVB also.

The whole situation is unusual as fuck tbh, but unusual is business as usual with AdL. I need to read his Wikipedia because he seems full on mental, yet isn't bad at what he does from the looks of it.

Apparently Sarri is suing him now and he/Napoli are countersuing.

No Napoli fan will go against Aurelio de Laurentiis mainly because they understand where ADL has taken them since he purchased the club.  He may be absolutely crazy as hell, but that chaos and madness has always seen him be right in the end with every single decision he's made... All Napoli fans will tell you that.  I'm even amazed at how they've taken the demotion (because that's what it is in effect right now) of who had become a kind of major hero, Maurizio Sarri.  It's as if a Judas syndrome has infected every single one of them, more so when the the announcement of Carlo Ancelotti was made as his replacement.  They're not even all that bothered that Sarri is being treated in the manner he is by De Laurentiis.

AdL is definitely a different kettle of fish when it comes to football club owners... But it's hard to pinpoint any decision where in the end he wasn't right in making.

• 1 month later...

He'll have to sell 51% if they get promoted to the Serie C (I think), because right now they're in Serie D so they're non-professional. Or if they get promoted to the Serie A he'll have to sell, it's either the same league or once they're in a professional league.

Honestly... Europe's football fans should revolt over this club ownership stuff. At least for me it goes totally against my principles of what a football club should mean.  I know ai batter this issue but it's more than just ridiculous.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Honestly... Europe's football fans should revolt over this club ownership stuff. At least for me it goes totally against my principles of what a football club should mean.  I know ai batter this issue but it's more than just ridiculous.

The Lazio owner also owns a Serie D or C team... and also bid for Bari.

But yeah, I agree. If you own 1 football club anywhere in the world, I think that should be the most you can own. Red Bull and Manchester City's financial group, and Roman Abramovich do not like my idea though.

• 2 weeks later...
49 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Napoli started off the 18-19 season versus Lazio. The first half from Napoli was terrible and Lazio should of taken a bigger lead than 1, as ancelotti and his squad tighten up and came back to win it. 

Got AC Milan next. 

Napoli were absolute garbage for most of the first half and indeed Lazio should’ve punished them severely. Napoli came into it after their equaliser and Lazio died. But I don’t see Ancelotti doing anything with this team because it’s not what he’s known for... He needs stars. 

• 11 months later...

Incredible news but not unusual in today's populist times... I'm not going to go into semantics or even expand on the details with the internal racism inside Italy but Juventus have announced that they won't be selling any tickets to fans from the region of Campania of which the capital city is Naples and obviously here we're talking about the Juventus home game against SSC Napoli.

Like I said, to understand the fundamentals of this is to understand Italian politics and sociology, but considering Maurizio Sarri is from the region and has kept his mouth closed.

Absolutely ridiculous and has caused a scandal not only in Italy but throughout Europe due to the nationalist rise on the continent and of course in thr UK which is being used as the precursor.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived