• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Stoke City FC

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
6 hours ago, Danny said:

Just going back to an old conversation in here, who is defending Robert Huth? He literally elbows people in the face on the pitch 😂

Gives as good as he gets. Not like he's the only one doing it on the pitch - most strikers get as rough as he does. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Stan xD you have to love bias sometimes.

what bias?! I know he's a cunt but he's our cunt :D.

Like you had Duncan Ferguson. Liverpool had Luis Suarez. Every team has them!

8 minutes ago, Stan said:

what bias?! I know he's a cunt but he's our cunt :D.

Like you had Duncan Ferguson. Liverpool had Luis Suarez. Every team has them!

Don't even mention Suarez and Dunc in the same sentence. That bluenose yard dog isn't worthy B|B|

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Stoke players were confronted by angry fans at the city's railway station as they travelled home from their 5-1 defeat by Tottenham at Wembley, says manager Mark Hughes.

Hughes wants his players to use the supporters' fury as motivation as they seek to address their slump in form.

Stoke are three points above relegation and travel to seventh-placed Burnley on Tuesday (19:45 GMT).

Hughes said: "That is still resonating. Sometimes you need a reality check."

The confrontation took place as they arrived back at Stoke-on-Trent station on Saturday night.

Stoke's players regularly travel back from away games alongside supporters, but the number of fans on their train on Saturday was greater due to delays out of London.

Fans were then locked inside carriages and made to wait while Hughes' team were allowed off the train first.

Some fans who had been on the same train to Stoke as the players chanted "you're not fit to wear the shirt" at Hughes' players.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42320836

Does anyone remember the days when managers used to resign before it ever got to this? 

• Administrator

Hughes is a diabolical manager and actually a very strong contender for the 2017 “stealing a living as a football manager” award. His track record in recent years is awful. I remember when he wouldn’t resign at QPR and he’s at it again at Stoke.

43 minutes ago, Batard said:

Hughes is a diabolical manager and actually a very strong contender for the 2017 “stealing a living as a football manager” award. His track record in recent years is awful. I remember when he wouldn’t resign at QPR and he’s at it again at Stoke.

I wouldn't say finishing ninth consecutively is awful. 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived