Shrewsbury Town v Millwall
Southend United v Bolton Wanderers

Wednesday 5th April
Oxford United v Fleetwood Town
Sheffield United v Coventry City

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Possible that Huddersfield will drop points again.

I think Burton will be tough than a lot of people expect - they're going to come and be tough to break down and got a very good result at the weekend. People think just because they are Burton it'll be a walk in the park - they're far from the worst team in the league and have some players capable of doing something.

Would have thought Brighton will beat Birmingham.

I wish I could care more about an English team. I used to like Leeds and Fulham (McBride, really). so I hope that they both keep up there forms and get into the playoffs.

29 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Close as well, you will probably miss out by only 2 or 3 games.

Yeah it's a shame we don't have a few more games but that run after January killed us. I expect a serious challenge next year with 1-2 wingers brought in

2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

We've sadly left it too late to catch a playoff place because we're on a tear at the minute 

Think you'll win the league next year. As poor a season you've had it's all coming together now and a full pre-season under your belts you'll piss it. 

Said in the other thread but it's going to be an interesting one next season in the Championship.

Another big one for us tomorrow, no excuse for not winning but it won't be easy, they will come and make it hard for us and frustrate the mong home fans. Win tomorrow and then we are 11 points away from the Premier League - assuming Huddersfield win every single game.

Kodjia and Hogan...if they don't win the league next season then something is wrong.

We're on a good run at the moment, beat Leeds 2-0. Lasse Vibe is on a good run of form and coming up with goals that we'd of got from Hogan, at the moment it seems to be him and someone new scoring which is great.

8 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Looking at Sheffield Wednesday and Fulham's fixtures and form if you win every game you might actually make it. No room for a single slip up though.

Won't happen that would be record breaking for us. 

6 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Think you'll win the league next year. As poor a season you've had it's all coming together now and a full pre-season under your belts you'll piss it. 

Said in the other thread but it's going to be an interesting one next season in the Championship.

Another big one for us tomorrow, no excuse for not winning but it won't be easy, they will come and make it hard for us and frustrate the mong home fans. Win tomorrow and then we are 11 points away from the Premier League - assuming Huddersfield win every single game.

I do hope so we're fucked once parachute money goes

Lost it in the first half with a poor performance. Second half we looked a lot better but we are still conceding goals for fun and lost two our centre backs to injuries last night which could rule them out for the season! Thankfully Preston, Wolves and Ipswich did us huge favours by beating Forest, Wigan and Bristol City and hopefully Newcastle will beat Burton tonight.

Something confusing and bizarre has just happened at St James.

We got a penalty. Matt Ritchie scores it. Ref rules it out and gives a free-kick to Burton. 

Have the rules changed? Never seen anything like that in my life.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Something confusing and bizarre has just happened at St James.

We got a penalty. Matt Ritchie scores it. Ref rules it out and gives a free-kick to Burton. 

Have the rules changed? Never seen anything like that in my life.

wtf. was it encroaching? anything in the run -up (that stop start thing)?

2 minutes ago, Romesh said:

wtf. was it encroaching? anything in the run -up (that stop start thing)?

Then it should have been retaken according to the rules. Gayle might have been in the box (Ritchie took the penalty).

The ref spend 5 minutes trying to work out what the rules of the game are with the 4th official. Disgrace at this level.

• Administrator

yeah as soon as I pressed send I realised encroaching is a re-taken penalty. 

Fuck knows what happened then. Did it hit the woodwork and then Ritchie touched it again?

Just now, Romesh said:

yeah as soon as I pressed send I realised encroaching is a re-taken penalty. 

Fuck knows what happened then. Did it hit the woodwork and then Ritchie touched it again?

Nope.

4th official has now just said 3 minutes added on time. Another farce. The game was stopped for ages so they could try and remember the rules. 

Maybe we will find out what the refs reason was at half time.

5 minutes ago, Skittles said:

Really looking forward to hear the reasoning behind the decision...

If there's no real reason.. surely there's a new spot opening on the job market for a championship level referee? 

We'll never hear the reasoning, referees do what the fuck they want and don't have to justify it like managers/players.

One of the most bizarre things I've ever seen.

4 minutes ago, Toony said:

We'll never hear the reasoning, referees do what the fuck they want and don't have to justify it like managers/players.

One of the most bizarre things I've ever seen.

He will have told the players and Rafa, so they can tell us. He won't have just said free kick sorry I'm not telling you why :rofl:

• Subscriber

Refs had an absolute shocker here by all accounts.

Haven't got a clue what's made him think that was the right decision. Even if he thinks he's fucked it up, surely he knows he's missed the boat. What was going through his head when he decided to reverse it?

• The topic was unpinned

Archived