talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Football League 2016/2017 - 4th - 5th April

You think maybe all the refs have got together for a pint of London pride but all they had left was Newcastle brown ale... So they've decided to piss of the Geordies as punishment for not getting thier favoured beverage?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Official statement on what happened by the refereeing body... confirming that the officials did not know the rules. Remarkable at this level. I don't see how not knowing the rules is a lapse in concentration. They discussed it with each other for ages. 

2 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Official statement on what happened by the refereeing body... confirming that the officials did not know the rules. Remarkable at this level.

That's beyond ridiculous. Never mind, he'll get relegated to officiate in League One, because we're far more deserving of wank refereeing.

Although, couldn't give a toss. Another away game, another Mark Beevers finish (5 in 5 aways), another clean sheet. Breathe it quietly, but... the Whites are going up...

I don't think there's any excuse for that mind, obviously it is annoying when refs fuck up but for offsides and penalty decisions you have to give them the benefit of the doubt as they don't have the benefit of technology like we do when we watch it back.

However not knowing the rules, when it is so simple that your average Sunday League ref would know them is a joke.

Ayoze Perez has came out and said he was being told at half time by one of the officials that there was a foul in the run up....bunch of inept useless cunts who shouldn't be given a game for the rest of the season.

4 of the dopey fucking spackers can't get a simple decision right.

Good win though and thought we played well, was a comfortable display in reality. 11 points from 18 and we are up.

I actually think the rule should be what the referee made of it, if your own players are trying to cheat by encroaching then you should have the penalty taken away. If the defending team are trying to cheat by encroaching early then it should be taken again if saved, much like advantage.

6 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I actually think the rule should be what the referee made of it, if your own players are trying to cheat by encroaching then you should have the penalty taken away. If the defending team are trying to cheat by encroaching early then it should be taken again if saved, much like advantage.

What would happen in cases like last night when 3 Burton Albion players were also encroaching? Do you leave it up to the ref to guess who went first?

I think the current ruling is correct because otherwise it would make a total chaotic mess of situations where more than 1 team is encroaching and put huge unnecessary weight on referees.

Based on the encroaching rules at present then last night had we scored or missed it should have been retaken because both teams were doing it.

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

What would happen in cases like last night when 3 Burton Albion players were also encroaching? Do you leave it up to the ref to guess who went first?

I think the current ruling is correct because otherwise it would make a total chaotic mess of situations where more than 1 team is encroaching and put huge unnecessary weight on referees.

Based on the encroaching rules at present then last night had we scored or missed it should have been retaken because both teams were doing it.

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Rock Paper Scissors between the two captains.

keepy uppy challenge or cross bar challenge. only goalkeepers allowed. 

So we beat Leeds 2-0, easily the better side. Garry Monk says, and I'm paraphrasing, "they started well and were the better team, they made us pay. Had we of scored a goal it would have given us the chance to change the game, but we couldn't. Then Brentford won, no excuses".

He repeated that about three times, three times mentioned how Leeds could have come back had they of scored but didn't, and then says no excuses, before going back to how Leeds could have come back and scored.

Which one is it Garry? No excuses, or we could have won it had we of scored? xD

• Administrator

that's not really an excuse, though? He's saying if they score, it might have been a different game.

an excuse would be to blame it on the pitch, the weather, the ref, young players, the kit, the tea lady, the chef and then slowly morph in to Jose Monkinho. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber
On 4/5/2017 at 11:47 PM, Cannabis said:

Full credit to the PGMOL for releasing a statement though, this is what us fans need going forward. Mistakes will always happen but having an apology is at least showing that the referee's have accepted their error and hold their hands up.

It is but I think the actual statement in a nutshell is why it doesn't happen often. It's utterly piss poor from the officials and the Football League that they didn't know the rules.

There are mistakes but this is just plain incompetence.

Archived