talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Players you hate

football forum

13 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

In a strange way I appreciate his honesty.

Yes, it’s almost refreshing to read. It’s easy to forget sometimes that playing football is a ‘job’. Some are fortunate enough to be talented at it to make a decent living. It doesn’t mean they have to enjoy it. 

David Bentley, for example. “If he’d pulled his socks up and worked a bit harder, he could have been brilliant…”

Truth is, Bentley reached a point in his late twenties where his heart wasn’t really in football any more. He’d already invested in some restaurants in Spain/Balearic islands, I think, and realised he enjoyed running those businesses more than playing football for a living. So he retired ‘early’. And fair play to him for that. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, tarzanontoast said:

Yes, it’s almost refreshing to read. It’s easy to forget sometimes that playing football is a ‘job’. Some are fortunate enough to be talented at it to make a decent living. It doesn’t mean they have to enjoy it. 

David Bentley, for example. “If he’d pulled his socks up and worked a bit harder, he could have been brilliant…”

Truth is, Bentley reached a point in his late twenties where his heart wasn’t really in football any more. He’d already invested in some restaurants in Spain/Balearic islands, I think, and realised he enjoyed running those businesses more than playing football for a living. So he retired ‘early’. And fair play to him for that. 

Bentleys a terrible example. Scored his revenge goal against Wenger and Arsenal and then gave up. A waste of talent, a mercenary, somebody who didn't deserve the position he got.

Assou Ekotto has effectively said: "I'm not English. I have no affiliation to one club. I will give it my best but this is a job to me". Bentley just gave up trying.

20 hours ago, Dan said:

I was absolutely livid when they beat us in the play-offs. What a team of cunts. Chopra and Bothroyd the two main culprits.

From early 2009 until late 2011 there was always an incident where it would kick off between all the players on the pitch. Claude's elbow, the conning of referees, the constant diving, the provoking, Chopra claiming Derry was racist but retracted once he heard Derrys wife was Indian, and Dave Jones having a fit every time he lost to us. I hated every one of them but Chopa and Bothroyd were definitely the worst culprits. I'm glad that team failed. 

54 minutes ago, Spike said:

Only because most of them are deluded and expected the next Thierry Henry.

Not really, but because he can barely dribble past any defender and also he cant beat a goal keeper one on one most of the times

Just now, Asura said:

Not really, but because he can barely dribble past any defender and also he cant beat a goal keeper one on one most of the times

I always thought he was a decent player that adds to the squad.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Aaroncpfc said:

From early 2009 until late 2011 there was always an incident where it would kick off between all the players on the pitch. Claude's elbow, the conning of referees, the constant diving, the provoking, Chopra claiming Derry was racist but retracted once he heard Derrys wife was Indian, and Dave Jones having a fit every time he lost to us. I hated every one of them but Chopa and Bothroyd were definitely the worst culprits. I'm glad that team failed. 

It added insult to injury that night. Felt absolutely cheated we'd lost to them. That second leg performance from us was unbelievable, but it wasn't to be.

Was it on here where there used to be a Cardiff fan who used to say "Champions performance" every time they won a game? Before eventually losing to Reading in the play-offs.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently Casemiro has emerged as one I hate for his constant avoidance of being sent off, and it's like he knows the ref won't send him off

Ramos for being overrated. People call him world class because he scores lots of goals, but as a defender, which is what he actually is, he's really not that good at all. Add to that his constant blatant attempts to hurt our players in El Clasico. 

Marcelo because he's just as dirty as Ramos, especially when it comes to Barcelona players

Pepe has come a long way, but I can't forgive him for his past. He was a monster under Mourinho

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

i can't feel sorry for him because of the numerous chances he's been given and ultimately fucked up. 

the only thing I hope happens to him is that after prison he stays away from football and finds himself a new career and become a better character. 

• The title was changed to Nile Ranger Jailed For 8 Months
  • Administrator
3 minutes ago, Batard said:

What a complete spud. Who did he beat up this time?

1 minute ago, Cannabis said:

Online fraud.

beat up the internet then

• The title was changed to Nile Ranger Released From Jail Early

Archived