• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 11th April - Juventus 3-0 Barcelona

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cicero said:

What's the ruling on that? 

It did hit his face first than on to his hand. 

But there is the argument that his hand was in an unnatural position. 

The ruling is that when you lift your arm in the trajectory of the ball it's a foul.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

It did hit his face first then on to his hand. 

Wasn't a penalty for me, had it hit his hand first then yeah but it bounced off his face so i'd say no.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

It did hit his face first then on to his hand. 

this is the grey area.

Is his hand in an unnatural position? It's deflected off his own body on to his arm. How can he move his arm quick enough when it deflects that quickly off his own body?

But he's technically stopped the ball with his arm. Can see why some refs do and don't give it.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The ruling is that when you lift your arm in the trajectory of the ball it's a foul.

Guess it was I suppose.

No matter, rules out the tug both Pique and Umtiti had in the penalty box against Kheidira and Chiellini

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I would expect there'll be no complaining about the refereeing tonight and not just that hand ball.

But imagine someone dives for a penalty in the return leg wearing a red and blue shirt.

I think the complaining was largely because of all your bitching and moaning about other clubs. There is no conspiracy anywhere.

It's just the end of the line for this Barcelona team now, it's been a good run but it's over. They get battered every time they lose, that's not the sign of a healthy side, when things go wrong they go seriously wrong. Maybe a new manager will get them back fresh but I really hope Messi leaves now, the club is increasingly toxic.

I don't think that's a penalty. If it hit his hand directly, regardless of if he meant it or not, I'd say it's a penalty because the handball has directly stopped a goalscoring opportunity. But once it hit his face the danger is over, so it hasn't really affected the game.

Though I'm not a referee and I don't know the actual rules. xD

Just now, Cicero said:

Guess it was I suppose.

No matter, rules out the tug both Pique and Umtiti had in the penalty box against Kheidira and Chiellini

The same, one from Bonucci and one from Chielini in the first half.  Those things occur in every game and imagine they're all given.  That hand ball is completely different.

To all effects, Juve have been more effective today with stupid defending from Barcelona.  But incredibly Barça could've actually had a terrific result today with some clear cut chances missed.  These games are so tight that small details decide them.

The result is flattering as amazing as that may sound to some.

Barcelona are out on this one though.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

He's gone flying into the tackle with his arm above his head, it's a stone-wall penalty.

if it hit his hand directly, I'd be with you. But I can understand why it's not been given because of it hitting his body first. 

• The title was changed to Tuesday 11th April - Juventus 3-0 Barcelona
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived