talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Serge Gnabry joins Bayern Munich

• Subscriber

To be honest, from Bayern's end it looks like they are playing the same old game of buying league's best/most talented and promising players even if they don't need them for the sake of weakening their competitors. And by that I don't mean us because we're definitely no competitors, but the likes of Leipzig/Hoffenheim/BVB(?) who allegedly were all interested in his services.

I personally don't think a loan move is on the cards; otherwise they could have added a loan back clause and let him stay in Bremen for one more season.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nudge said:

To be honest, from Bayern's end it looks like they are playing the same old game of buying league's best/most talented and promising players even if they don't need them for the sake of weakening their competitors. And by that I don't mean us because we're definitely no competitors, but the likes of Leipzig/Hoffenheim/BVB(?) who allegedly were all interested in his services.

I personally don't think a loan move is on the cards; otherwise they could have added a loan back clause and let him stay in Bremen for one more season.

Yeah and look at their other signings: Süle, Rudi

Two very good players, who would be extremely useful for Leipzig, Dortmund,Hoffenheim. Gladbach and Köln, but at the same time they won't help Bayern one bit against Barca, RM or Atléti.

Bayern make transfers as if they don't care about the CL and would rather win the Bundesliga 18 times in a row.

To be honest the Hoffenheim move seemed like a bit of a meh move, would've rather he stayed at Bremen if they were the only ones in for him. With Bayern though, you can't blame him for making the move. He probably won't get much game time this season though and can see him being loaned out in the winter.

Dortmund should've gone in for him, would've been a better fit.

• Subscriber
23 hours ago, True Bender said:

Yeah and look at their other signings: Süle, Rudi

Two very good players, who would be extremely useful for Leipzig, Dortmund,Hoffenheim. Gladbach and Köln, but at the same time they won't help Bayern one bit against Barca, RM or Atléti.

Bayern make transfers as if they don't care about the CL and would rather win the Bundesliga 18 times in a row.

The only one i could actually make a case for is Süle to be honest. The persistent injuries of our backline over the last two seasons hes guranteed to get some playing time and is a natural replacement for both Boa and Hummels. Cant argue with the rest.

The more i think about it there must have been something to the initial confusion about having a buyout clause or his father blurting out that hes going to us back last summer.

• Subscriber
On 6/11/2017 at 9:48 PM, Viva la FCB said:

I Mean for the money I understand it from our end but it makes no sense for him there's no way he cracks our lineup. Maybe a loan move is to follow hence the 3 year deal?

You might be right about the loan deal, Kicker is reporting the same today, Hoffenheim loan move might be on the cards apparently...

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, nudge said:

You might be right about the loan deal, Kicker is reporting the same today, Hoffenheim loan move might be on the cards apparently...

I read the same this morning but that just seems so odd. Like you mentioned why wouldnt we just loan him back to you guys if that was the plan; where hes already completely settled. Boggles the mind a little.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

I read the same this morning but that just seems so odd. Like you mentioned why wouldnt we just loan him back to you guys if that was the plan; where hes already completely settled. Boggles the mind a little.

No idea, this whole Gnabry saga is very weird, to be fair. Baumann said that Gnabry wouldn't have joined us if we didn't agree to put a buyout clause in his contract, so his intention was definitely to use us as a stepping stone, but I still don't get it how he thinks that joining Bayern is a good move, especially if he gets loaned out now.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else other than me been disappointed with Gnabry's performance in the U-21's

The final was full of attitude which shouted out the equivalent of "I am too good for this little shXX" and his pathetic attempts at goal were something which - if I were a Bayern fan - would worry me lots!  I just wonder what David Selke would have made of those chances and - on another line - what the heck was the 'captain' doing taking the set pieces when his is totally inadequate to make anything of them?  Arrogance of a different form.  despite that the victory was well deserved and the defence was looking great for the future of German Footy - great to see young guys refusing to panic and keeping alert fro the whole of the 90 minutes.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, SchalkeUK said:

Has anyone else other than me been disappointed with Gnabry's performance in the U-21's

The final was full of attitude which shouted out the equivalent of "I am too good for this little shXX" and his pathetic attempts at goal were something which - if I were a Bayern fan - would worry me lots!  I just wonder what David Selke would have made of those chances and - on another line - what the heck was the 'captain' doing taking the set pieces when his is totally inadequate to make anything of them?  Arrogance of a different form.  despite that the victory was well deserved and the defence was looking great for the future of German Footy - great to see young guys refusing to panic and keeping alert fro the whole of the 90 minutes.

This is how he was during his last days in Bremen and that landed him on the bench, deservedly so. He thinks he's too good and then gets frustrated once things don't go his way, really poor attitude. When he first came from Arsenal, he was keen to prove himself and it showed, it was great to see him on the pitch, but then at some point he probably decided he's better than the rest of the bunch and looked like he doesn't give a shit anymore.

Apparently he's not even been given a squad number at Bayern. Enjoy those numerous loan spells while wasting your potential... really thought he's more clever than that, always made an impression of an intelligent person.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Sounds like it is happening. Both Gnabry and his representitives apparently wanted the loan, it makes sense. I still dont see why we didnt do a purchase and loan from Bremen, although i suppose he gets CL experience off this hopefully.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Viva la FCB said:

Sounds like it is happening. Both Gnabry and his representitives apparently wanted the loan, it makes sense. I still dont see why we didnt do a purchase and loan from Bremen, although i suppose he gets CL experience off this hopefully.

yes, Baumann said that Gnabry wanted to play in European competitions, that's why he didn't want to stay in Bremen, apparently. I still think it's a bad, bad career move for him. He should do well enough in Hoffenheim, but good enough for Bayern later?... We'll have to wait to find out, I suppose.

13 minutes ago, Asura said:

Always liked him when he played for those few times at Arsenal, Wenger is daft to let him go 

He was offered a new contract, wanted a move for more game time, went to Werder, did well, moved to Bayern and the cycle will repeat.

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, nudge said:

yes, Baumann said that Gnabry wanted to play in European competitions, that's why he didn't want to stay in Bremen, apparently. I still think it's a bad, bad career move for him. He should do well enough in Hoffenheim, but good enough for Bayern later?... We'll have to wait to find out, I suppose.

Yep im much of the same thought. It was probably the price more then anything that the management couldnt resist. If he doesnt turn out to be good enough  he will be sold for a small profit i would imagine so its worth the minimal risk. 

37 minutes ago, 6666 said:

He was offered a new contract, wanted a move for more game time, went to Werder, did well, moved to Bayern and the cycle will repeat.

Yeah true, but he should have atleast sent him out on loan like the previous seasons until he could have provided him regular match time. Always thought Gnabry is a very good player

Just now, Asura said:

Yeah true, but he should have atleast sent him out on loan like the previous seasons until he could have provided him regular match time. Always thought Gnabry is a very good player

Think he only had one year left on his contract, sending him out on loan for that year would've done nothing for us. His loan at West Brom was a disaster as well, probably wanted to get the fuck out of England.

Just now, 6666 said:

Think he only had one year left on his contract, sending him out on loan for that year would've done nothing for us. His loan at West Brom was a disaster as well, probably wanted to get the fuck out of England.

Should have sold Walcott instead and given Gnabry more minutes

Archived