talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

More bad news for Everton

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11671/11138846/evertons-oumar-niasse-has-appeal-to-simulation-ban-rejected-by-fa

Everton forward Oumar Niasse will serve a two-game suspension for simulation after his appeal was rejected by the FA, according to Sky sources.

Niasse became the first Premier League player to be retrospectively charged with 'successful deception of a match official' following Saturday's 2-2 draw at Crystal Palace.

6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Just looking through our squad now and it's baffling the level of AIDS that we have:

Pickford - Hard to really gauge considering the ten whoppers in front of him every week offering no support whatsoever, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Schneiderlin - Has gone from a solid signing to utter shite, 2 red cards this season is it? Lack of discipline, sent home from training and generally doesn't seem to give a fuck. 

Baines - Past it now but gives 100% so again, benefit of the doubt. Plus he's been here for donkeys so deserves to have support. 

Keane - Awful. Looked decent for the first two games but has now turned to utter dross, probably because he's got David Haye next to him mind but still, I expected so much more. 

Williams - Worst player I've ever seen. Hope there's some form of gas explosion at the Williams household soon.

Jagielka - Has been past it for years but still floats around the side, embarrassing. 

Bolasie - Would probably do better than this lot with his broken ankle. Play him against West Ham even if he can't walk, can't do any worse. 

Barkley - Player of the Season so far 

Sandro - Garbage but did get his first goal for us so could suddenly burst into action (then again, Hell could freeze over).

Rooney - Complete bollocks. One of the biggest passengers we've got and when you consider who he is and his connection to the club it's a joke.

Mirallas - One of the best of a bad bunch, at least he tries. 

Lennon - OK.

Martina - Utter AIDS, would happily see him shipped out on a one-way ticket to Afghanistan. 

McCarthy - Shithouse sick-note bellend. Sell in January. 

Gueye - Was class but now is covered in AIDS, shite most weeks. 

Sigurdsson - AIDS.

Niasse - Banging them in and tries his best, the fairy-tale will end though as he's not a footballer. 

Klaassen - Convinced he's still playing in Holland and we've signed his twin brother or something. Completely useless.

Besic - Wish he was playing for us every week. Gets stuck in and gives a shit.

Stekelenburg - Quite rightly our 3rd choice keeper, utter gash.

Coleman - See Bolasie - playing him with a broken leg would be an improvement on our current defence.

Davies - OK

Then there's the youngsters who it's harsh to rip into but aren't cut out for this level (yet). Out of the list above there's about 3 or 4 that I actually wouldn't mind seeing in an Everton shirt again. We're such a mess it's unreal.

Just read through that and I have to admit, I didn’t realise things were so bad!

Thats possibly the worst Everton squad I’ve seen in my football supporting lifetime which spans back to around 1985. 

You lot could actually be in trouble with that lot!

• Subscriber

I've just had it with us after tonight. Koeman was shite and Unsworth is ill equipped for this but like I said way back when the writing was on the wall for Martinez, the players are responsible for what happens on that pitch. For me:

Pickford - innocent until proven guilty. I think he's been good apart from a couple of fuck ups recently but you can't say he's been that good with so few clean sheets.

Joel - inconsistent, needs to go really but not the biggest priority.

Stekelenburg - pointless 'jobs for the boys' signing by the Koeman brothers who isn't inconsistent because he's just not good.

Coleman - need him back, absolutely key player.

Kenny - has been exposed at times but you could put Paolo Maldini in our defence and he'd get exposed 20 times a match because of the diarrhoea surrounding him.

Martina - the Koeman brothers should be paying his wages. Absolutely unbelievable that this signing was sanctioned when he couldn't make Southampton's bench.

Baines - persistently exposed because he tries to help our "attack" but we lose the ball before he gets to him. His lack of pace along with the rest of our defence forces us to play a deep defensive line which is a huge problem for us at the moment.

Williams - I'd say a player is having a poor season when they're mostly average with a few bad games. I don't know how I'd describe his season because he's played average for a couple of 45 minute spells and utter shite for the rest. Slow, doesn't seem arsed and consistently fails at the absolute basics of football and defending.

Jagielka - poor this season but our best centre back. At least he cares but he shouldn't be near our first choice at his age and with his ceiling these days.

Holgate - don't know where he's gone under Unsworth. Did okay at right back earlier in the season but shite when he played in what's supposed to be his natural position in the middle, alongside Williams to be fair.

Keane - becoming the biggest disappointment of the season because some of this defending I expect from Martina and Williams but Keane looked good at the start of the season but has already got as shite as those two. Needs dropping for a while if the rest of our options weren't such a disgrace.

Gueye - not terrible but average and often gets caught out of position. Yellow card waiting to happen.

Schneiderlin - neck and neck with Keane for the non-Williams wooden spoon. Sent off twice because the only time he gets near the opposition he's committing a foul.

Baningime - looks a player and one of the rare positives this season, need to get him out of that side before he gets infected and rotted by the absolute shite surrounding him.

Davies - neither here nor there. Can't expect much from him at this age in these circumstances despite what he achieved last season.

McCarthy - get fit or fuck off already.

Besic - should get more of a chance.

Barkley - can't believe we (including me) weren't arsed about him leaving because he "wasn't that good". Crying out for some pace and actual footballing ability in that midfield.

Klaassen - hasn't done enough but has become a scapegoat because people can't wait to throw out the lazy "not suited to the Premier League" line. Still think there's a player in there (Ajax captain last season for fucks sake) but he needs to get his finger out.

Sigurdsson - getting away with murder. Absolute passenger every time he sets foot on the pitch but our fans don't make a big deal of it because we're embarrassed about how much he cost and we can't trot out the "not suited to the Premier League" bollocks because of his Swansea record. Has done as little as Klaassen with more chances.

Rooney - has at least scored a few goals but slows down our attack too much. Have given him the benefit of the doubt because he has put the ball in the net a few times but he's begun to look negative and I don't see what he offers to this side at the moment.

Bolasie - no problem with having him around but he was okay last season before his injury and nothing more. Let's not rewrite history and tell ourselves this is a star player waiting to come back into the side.

Mirallas - has some quality but mostly inconsistent and a bit of a shithouse. Unfortunately should be getting more game time because everyone else is shite.

Lennon - works hard, suited to the side at the moment because he'll scrap but not good enough in terms of actual quality.

Vlasic - looks decent on the ball but overrated by our fans as he's shown very little in the way of end product. Not difficult to be one of our best players when most of his appearances came when Koeman was a dead man walking.

Lookman - should become a quality talent but needs loaning out. Sitting on the bench is no good for him but nor is throwing him into the side and hoping he magics a goal out of nowhere.

Sandro - scored tonight, hopefully that can be a springboard for him as he's been desperately disappointing.

Calvert-Lewin - has been rightly praised for a series of decent performances at his age but ultimately has only one league goal this season.

Niasse - hopefully he can keep up his frankly hilarious fairytale because without his goals we'd have no league wins since the first game of the season and would probably be bottom of the table.

• Subscriber

Rooneys hat trick tonight takes him to 7 goals for the season in the Premier League, equal with Lacazette (£50m) and one behind Lukaku (£70m? already forgotten) with significantly less minutes on the pitch than at least Lukaku, in a much shitter team and mostly playing in midfield. Aside from tonight's goals, he scores one "pointless" goal against Arsenal. Otherwise winner against Stoke, only goal in the 1-1 at City and an equaliser at Brighton. Remove those goals and we're 5 points worse off and in the relegation zone again. Yet whenever we lose people jump on the rhetoric about him being past it and act as if it's some sort of comedically bad transfer that we signed him on a free?

To be fair, he has been poor a lot of the time, slowing down attacks when we're chasing a game and generally not offering much against defences that aren't as shambolic as West Ham, so he is not exempt from criticism. However, he actually played as a deep midfielder this evening and put in a better performance than we've seen from Schneiderlin in that position since about April. A position where Rooney can see the game in front of him, get stuck in and use his quality on the ball might be there. No harm in him bursting forward from midfield, he might be slower than he used to be but arriving late in the box there still aren't many players in the league I'd back to score over him like he did with the second tonight.

Food for thought for Allardyce and possibly the solution to the Sigurdsson Rooney conundrum.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, True Blue said:

With back to back wins and a draw at Anfield things look much better for Everton as they are mid table currently. Also i fancy them taking point so of Newcastle who have been on a very poor.

Do you Everton lads see any improvements or did just results go your way? 

Vast improvement defensively, although still not as good as you'd want. Gylfi starting to be slightly more effective and Rooney stepping up. 

In terms of getting goals, I don't expect any major improvement there until we sign someone in January and even then, unless the recruitment is right, could be a problem. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
5 hours ago, True Blue said:

With back to back wins and a draw at Anfield things look much better for Everton as they are mid table currently. Also i fancy them taking point so of Newcastle who have been on a very poor.

Do you Everton lads see any improvements or did just results go your way? 

I expect we will be the 7th best team for the rest of the season even if we don't get back there in the table.

Last few games our players have actually performed at their expected level instead of drastically below. Lo and behold we've picked up 3 wins and a draw in four games. Who'd have thought.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I expect we will be the 7th best team for the rest of the season even if we don't get back there in the table.

Last few games our players have actually performed at their expected level instead of drastically below. Lo and behold we've picked up 3 wins and a draw in four games. Who'd have thought.

To be absolutely honest, and I’m not saying this to wind you lot up, you are still drastic. It’s honestly the worst Everton side I can remember and I’ve been following football passionately since about 1983/1984. 

Fair enough you’ve had a few decent results lately but that squad, on the whole, is awful. I mean, you walked away from Anfield with a point on Sunday but that was more down to us than a reflection of how you lot performed. The whole country is in agreement that there has never been such a gulf in class between the two sides. 

Youll be absolutely fine and will probably improve over the next few transfer windows, but as things stand... Absolutely light years away from the current top six. 

• Subscriber
15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

To be absolutely honest, and I’m not saying this to wind you lot up, you are still drastic. It’s honestly the worst Everton side I can remember and I’ve been following football passionately since about 1983/1984. 

Fair enough you’ve had a few decent results lately but that squad, on the whole, is awful. I mean, you walked away from Anfield with a point on Sunday but that was more down to us than a reflection of how you lot performed. The whole country is in agreement that there has never been such a gulf in class between the two sides. 

Youll be absolutely fine and will probably improve over the next few transfer windows, but as things stand... Absolutely light years away from the current top six. 

We're poor and there's a lot of shite in our squad but you're exaggerating there on every point.

The squad on the whole is not awful. Martina is probably awful, Baines and Jagielka along with a few others are getting over the hill but the squad as a whole is full of decent players who have played like gash for most of this season.

Light years away from the top six depends how you define light years. We've had the worst few months I can remember as an Everton fan yet we are "only" 9 points behind the bottom of the Spurs-Chelsea cluster.

Plenty of work to do to get back in amongst it. We need about 4 new players throughout the side with some pace and power about them then we'll see.

15 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Seen this a lot over the past day or so and every one who has said it is talking nonsense. 

Your memory must be on the wane if this is the worst Everton side you've seen. Especially since you mention you'd have seen all of the 90's, in which we were dregs of the Premier League but miraculously stayed up. 

Most of the people who have been commenting on how bad Everton are will be the angry ones because we didn't turn up and roll over like we usually do at Anfield. You'd prefer us to turn up like we did under Martinez and Koeman and lose 4-0.

2 minutes ago, HK85 said:

Seen this a lot over the past day or so and every one who has said it is talking nonsense. 

Your memory must be on the wane if this is the worst Everton side you've seen. Especially since you mention you'd have seen all of the 90's, in which we were dregs of the Premier League but miraculously stayed up. 

Most of the people who have been commenting on how bad Everton are will be the angry ones because we didn't turn up and roll over like we usually do at Anfield. You'd prefer us to turn up like we did under Martinez and Koeman and lose 4-0.

I wasn’t been funny mate seriously. I’ve not seen a gap between our sides like this forever. There is literally not one single player I’d take from your first 11 to replace one of ours except maybe Pickford. 

Thats not been said for a long long time. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

I wasn’t been funny mate seriously. I’ve not seen a gap between our sides like this forever. There is literally not one single player I’d take from your first 11 to replace one of ours except maybe Pickford. 

Thats not been said for a long long time. 

That gets said every year. Even moreso when we draw instead of you lot tonking us 4-0 funnily enough.

I'm not even actually disagreeing with what you're saying beyond the terminology. Pack in the "drastic" and the "light years" and replace it with "below par" and "quite a distance" and you're spot on.

End of this season we'll be about 8th with no trophies and no league title since the 80s and you lot will be about 4th with no trophies and no league title since the 80s. Light years of difference :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

That gets said every year. Even moreso when we draw instead of you lot tonking us 4-0 funnily enough.

I'm not even actually disagreeing with what you're saying beyond the terminology. Pack in the "drastic" and the "light years" and replace it with "below par" and "quite a distance" and you're spot on.

End of this season we'll be about 8th with no trophies and no league title since the 80s and you lot will be about 4th with no trophies and no league title since the 80s. Light years of difference :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:.

Fair play xD

• Subscriber

Kenny is the one to watch. Holgate if he can perform consistently at centre back like he has for the last few games is another first team player that'll do 10 years for us. Calvert-Lewin I don't think he finishes well enough to be our first choice down the line but another useful player.

• 3 weeks later...