talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Discussion

football forum

20 hours ago, Danny said:

Tom Davies is 19 and is plastered all over Sydney Central station. 19 years old and a "face" of the Premier League in Australia.

Gotta stick with what you know now that Timmy has left Everton.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Apparently Koeman has said today he wants a player who can play left back/left centre back, a winger and a striker. I don't know if that includes Sigurdsson but I hope it does and that by winger he means attacking midfielder but that's a stretch.

If he seriously wants another out and out winger that'll piss me right off because the club have already invested £40m in Bolasie and Lookman since Koeman took over and a new contract for Mirallas. We're spending all this time and money getting Sigurdsson, as well as Rooney, Sandro, Klaassen who are all attackers but not out and out strikers. Who do we have that is an out and out striker? Calvert-Lewin, arguably Sandro. I'm not going to moan about the Sigurdsson deal because it's obviously going to happen but signing another winger seems about the lowest priority for us at the moment.

Mixed performance against Sevilla today, we started well and ended well but were absolutely awful for most of the time in between. I don't want to get negative but throughout pre-season a lot of our players seem well under-cooked, particularly Schneiderlin and Klaassen. I wouldn't bat an eyelid if those two were benched for Stoke but I'll be amazed if they are. Martina looked better today when he came on at left-back, but this talk of Kenny and potentially Lookman going out on loan is bothering me as well because they've shown just as much in pre-season as many of the senior players. Kenny for me looks an absolute perfect understudy for Seamus Coleman and should be getting first team football this season surely.

Hoping we line up like this next week: Pickford; Kenny, Keane, Jagielka, Baines; Gueye, Davies; Mirallas, Rooney, Sandro; Calvert-Lewin.

But in reality it'll be: Pickford; Holgate, Keane, Williams, Baines; Schneiderlin, Gueye; Calvert-Lewin, Rooney, Klaassen; Sandro.

• Subscriber

Koeman's press conference highlights:

• Sigurdsson talks ongoing, deal still close, reports of talks breaking down not true. "Hopefully" this will be done in the next few days but he said this last weekend.
  • Replacing Lukaku will be hard, we still want a few more players in addition to Klaassen, Sandro and the others we've signed.
  • Barkley is back in training. There is no offer on the table and if no appropriate offer comes in before the end of the window he will stay and be part of the team this season.
  • McCarthy is also back in training but neither he nor Ross will be in the squad this weekend due to fitness issues.
  • Despite Niasse and Lennon being linked with moves away, there is nothing at an advanced stage so don't expect to see any outgoings in the next few days.

• 3 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, HK85 said:

In the end, yeah but they're all agreed on his future. 

I don't actually disagree with them upstairs putting their foot down to be honest on reflection. 

Wish ours had decided the other way and sold Coutinho. Mardy arse little shite now has to be pampered back into the squad instead of us just selling him and buying someone else. 

More trouble than it's worth trying to keep little twats like that happy.  

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 05/09/2017 at 4:20 PM, LFCMadLad said:

I don't actually disagree with them upstairs putting their foot down to be honest on reflection. 

Wish ours had decided the other way and sold Coutinho. Mardy arse little shite now has to be pampered back into the squad instead of us just selling him and buying someone else. 

More trouble than it's worth trying to keep little twats like that happy.  

Said pretty much this when the whole thing started dragging on and he handed in the transfer request. I understand Liverpool pushing back when it was Suarez and they were so heavily dependent on him but Coutinho, while arguably Liverpool's best attacking midfielder, isn't Luis Suarez. Even moreso when you see how irrelevant Mane and Salah have made him look in the first few games of the season.

2 minutes ago, shut up said:

Is that your unbiased opinion? xD

Well yeah it is. I've not gone as overboard as some above but I also don't think he's that great either. In my opinion he's probably not good enough for the top six but too good for those below Everton. As I said, he's probably at his level.