talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Riot Police Clash With Leicester Fans In Madrid

football forum

3 minutes ago, Dan said:

This. Funny how it's people who have never actually been in the position who are the experts.

The media are scum. The collective failure to turn on them is a massive shame.

The Spanish police are animals. I'm absolutely praying someone like Legia Warsaw go there next year and take on those cunts.

Your neighbours in Serbia and Kosovo are a lot worse mate.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Your neighbours in Serbia and Kosovo are a lot worse mate.

Truth be told it's not fair on the Madrid locals to be caught up in any of this, but those police need a shoeing, make no mistake. They are awful, awful people. It's not just Madrid either, similar happened in Seville, although not on the same scale.

People can badmouth our fans all they want but there wasn't a jot of trouble in Brugge, Copenhagen or Porto. The common denominator is the Spanish police.

EDIT: Tell a lie, there was a little in Copenhagen but that was their fans storming the main away pub, and consequently about 5 of them being arrested.

15 minutes ago, Dan said:

Truth be told it's not fair on the Madrid locals to be caught up in any of this, but those police need a shoeing, make no mistake. They are awful, awful people. It's not just Madrid either, similar happened in Seville, although not on the same scale.

People can badmouth our fans all they want but there wasn't a jot of trouble in Brugge, Copenhagen or Porto. The common denominator is the Spanish police.

EDIT: Tell a lie, there was a little in Copenhagen but that was their fans storming the main away pub, and consequently about 5 of them being arrested.

This is the issue here!  There are other problems that are domestic and which we've failed to adress in Britain, but those locals going about their business and of which probably don't give a damn about football (yes, there are people that don't care about the sport) shouldn't be subjected to a couple of days of neanderthals not knowing how to use alcohol.

To be honest, I've never understood why anyone would want to go to a football match totally smashed on alcohol.  I love football and I can't comprehend how anyone can enjoy a game totally drunk.  Issues occur in every country, but the question always lies (for me at least) on how the English seem to involved in so much of this when we hold an ironic and hypocritical higher ground on mannerisms and a moral highground.

One of my cousins is a member of the National Police (Policia Nacional) in Madrid and he was part of the operation with what occurred (I found this out yesterday) and he said that the way they were acting in the terraced bars was something that had to be dealt with because chaos had erupted even on the roads and with children passing by.  They don't want to close roads in Spain when a football match is about to occur.  The stadiums are situated in residential areas as they are in most places.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is the issue here!  There are other problems that are domestic and which we've failed to adress in Britain, but those locals going about their business and of which probably don't give a damn about football (yes, there are people that don't care about the sport) shouldn't be subjected to a couple of days of neanderthals not knowing how to use alcohol.

To be honest, I've never understood why anyone would want to go to a football match totally smashed on alcohol.  I love football and I can't comprehend how anyone can enjoy a game totally drunk.  Issues occur in every country, but the question always lies (for me at least) on how the English seem to involved in so much of this when we hold an ironic and hypocritical higher ground on mannerisms and a moral highground.

One of my cousins is part of the National Police (Policia Nacional) in Madrid and he was part of the operation with what occurred (I found this out yesterday) and he said that the way they were acting in the terraced bars was something that had to be dealt with because chaos had erupted even on the roads and with children passing by.  They don't want to close roads in Spain when a football match is about to occur.  The stadiums are situated in residential areas as they are in most places.

No, they shouldn't I agree. But by and large, the people don't actually cause trouble. The majority are out there having a good time, putting a fair bit of money into the city as well I'll add.

I will concede we have quite a unique set of antics. But I said it in the England away fans thread - I don't think English fans go looking for trouble.

I don't have sympathy with people singing about Gibraltar and German bombers getting in trouble, although even then, beatings are a bit excessive. But I know of people who have ended up spending two full days without food and drink, bruised, in cells, for simply being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I know of someone who has been blinded in one eye for nothing. Like I say, Brugge, Porto and Copenhagen had no issues. Spanish police have had trouble with us twice, Man City and Spurs fans pre-warned us as well.

The English are involved because of reputation. I can't comment on what actually happened in eighties, but we've never really shook that reputation and it's a vicious cycle. Like I say we aren't entirely blameless, but the trouble has been proven to be avoidable by others, so why can't Spain?

On 4/12/2017 at 5:13 AM, Tanksie said:

People like you think taxation is theft, and the police are tyrants.

I am not happy with 'everyone having good fun to fear police brutality' But I am happy for violent and abusive drunks being apprehended by whatever force the police believe to be necessary at the time, for the safety and enjoyment of the people actually trying to have fun.

Don't want you head cracked in? Don't be a fuckwit, comply with police instructions and don't get fucking smashed in public.

Most taxation is theft. The cunts. Why the fuck do I have to pay a 'Georgia value tax' on my car when I already payed fucking sales tax on the cunt?

I think with issues like this people only see the 'good vs evil' dichotomy and struggle to appreciate the full scope of the events. The English fans were misbehaving, that is a fact. The Spanish police are brutal, that is a fact.  I.e. 'the cops are terrible, he just belted that fella's head in with a club!' Without stating said fella was drunk and disorderly and being aggressive towards the police. The two sides of the coin are rarely explored in full. That doesn't mean every fan was acting like a hooligan and every cop was belting in heads. The problems with animalistic group behaviour is that people associated with groups are often caught in the crossfire. A copper sees a Leicester fan as a hooligan and the Leicester fan sees the copper as a thug.

On 14/4/2017 at 4:58 PM, Dan said:

AVE turns you crazy.

There's no comments to look back on within the thread.  The actions and the attitude of many Leicester fans was embarrassing and in many parts aggressive.  I don't think anyone excused the Spanish police from their part on this but this is pure demagoguery and looking for something to lean on when you're drunk and can't take it anymore.  We've ascertained that the Spanish police go overboard but they weren't the ones acting like knuckle draggers and that isn't acceptable and unfortunately in some cases was taken overboard by some police officers that aren't used to seeing idiots of that type.  I hope those police officers are punished as do I hope the same happens to the idiots doing the things that take the human species back to when we were ripping skins off animals and wrapping ourselves in them.

I still maintain that too many look for the way out!  England has to sort out their issues with society...  When those idiots travel abroad, then those over there don't need to learn anything and will treat them like they would a Spaniard acting like that, which they would.

Archived