The better place to talk football.

Riot Police Clash With Leicester Fans In Madrid

football forum

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, HoneyNUFC said:

8 arrests, 4 injured

Fans get drunk and then Police turn up dressed as some sort of robot militia from the future. When will they learn that this escalates the problem it doesn't defuse it.

God damn police forcing those fans to get obscenely drunk and turn violent! It's all their fault! They should have just let them go where they wanted and do as they wished, would have been no problems then

16 minutes ago, Tanksie said:

God damn police forcing those fans to get obscenely drunk and turn violent! It's all their fault! They should have just let them go where they wanted and do as they wished, would have been no problems then

That's not what I said at all. 

I said "escalate", it's a social psychology fact that certain types of policing approaches make situations worse.

There aren't any riot police on a Saturday in England and yet hundreds of away supporters are smashed off their faces and gathered in bars and arrests get made. When a couple of fans get out of hand the Police don't come along dressed for war and coming at anyone who happens to be standing there. They learned their lesson decades ago about that approach. 

Madrid police have form on getting the riot gear out. They're known for beating old women, kids and disabled people just because those people were in the wrong place at the wrong time. They also have form on beating innocent fans of English clubs and never being held to account for it.

People like you just hate fun. You're happy for everyone who is having a good time drinking to suddenly be in fear of police brutality because someone else in the pub got a bit rowdy.

People like you think taxation is theft, and the police are tyrants.

I am not happy with 'everyone having good fun to fear police brutality' But I am happy for violent and abusive drunks being apprehended by whatever force the police believe to be necessary at the time, for the safety and enjoyment of the people actually trying to have fun.

Don't want you head cracked in? Don't be a fuckwit, comply with police instructions and don't get fucking smashed in public.

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

8 arrests, 4 injured

Fans get drunk and then Police turn up dressed as some sort of robot militia from the future. When will they learn that this escalates the problem it doesn't defuse it.

Or English bellends behave like twats in  foreign city, why should Madrid have to put up with louts? 

I don't have much of a problem with them being chucked in a cell, you behave when you go to a another country. If you're 'having fun' is behaving like a cunt then you deserve everything you get.

The police aren't exempt from going overboard and like Harvey said, they've been accused of this in the past even with domestic fans.

But again we have a serious and embarassing issue with English football fans not knowing how to behave when abroad and then abusing alcohol like it's about to be banned.

Anyone innocent of the happenings I'm very sorry for but them aside I have no sympathy with the louts getting a good stick where it hurts so that they learn. This is nothing new unfortunately.   

Justice and just force is not optional upon what negative opinions you have of a group of people are. 

Is it any wonder the Sun got away with printing what it did about Hillsborough when there are people who immediately ignore what witnesses have to say because of their preconceived notions about hooligans.

BBC journalist says innocent people were charged and whacked. But it's ok though, they're English louts so they deserve it.

• Administrator
6 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Justice and just force is not optional upon what negative opinions you have of a group of people are. 

Is it any wonder the Sun got away with printing what it did about Hillsborough when there are people who immediately ignore what witnesses have to say because of their preconceived notions about hooligans.

BBC journalist says innocent people were charged and whacked. But it's ok though, they're English louts so they deserve it.

and lots of videos surfacing of fans just sitting in bars before being charged and hit with batons seemingly for no reason. Don't understand it.

Police even stopped kids playing football in a plaza area. Those kids must be English louts too. 

Of course there's gonna be some idiots who get a bit too drunk and out of control. But there's no fucking reason to be overly aggressive with them and then to target innocent behaving fans as well. Those idiots spoil it for the rest but the police aren't totally blameless here. 

I've also seen a lot of footage on Spanish tv of Leicester "fans" acting aggressively on terraced bars in Madrid and hurling glasses at passers by amongst other things.  Xenophobic chanting and running out in front of cars flashing by pulling down their trousers and pants...

Look...  This sort of thing isn't even acceptable in this country let alone somewhere else. I've never seen that anywhere I've gone in England and I've gone to the pubs where away fans frequent before games against Arsenal locally and nothing of this kind is EVER seen.  The police would be on top of it in an instance!  Yes, (as I said in my previous post) the Spanish police are overboard and there's no justification for it, but they're not used to that and won't accept it.  I also stated that any innocent parties getting involved in how the police have reacted is very lamentable, but I've travelled back in the day with Arsenal around Europe and I always shied away from any "fans" in clusters that looked like what I consider to be knuckle draggers.  The most important part in my view in all of this is that the locals won't accept this.  There are other children and other people going about their daily business that don't have to witness such idiocy and retarded actions.

Watching them singing "Gibraltar is ours, fuck off Spanish bastards Gibraltar is ours" in a square that looks like a 4 day festival on the last day has me thinking the Leicester fans must take some blame here. I mean Arsenal, Liverpool, United, Chelsea and Man City fans don't do this. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Watching them singing "Gibraltar is ours, fuck off Spanish bastards Gibraltar is ours" in a square that looks like a 4 day festival on the last day has me thinking the Leicester fans must take some blame here. I mean Arsenal, Liverpool, United, Chelsea and Man City fans don't do this. 

In fairness, I spent all day in that square, gorgeous venue - not a sniff of trouble with the police - so although I stood by them in my earlier comments, looking at the footage and knowing where they are, it's pretty inexcusable.

However I have no doubt that police actions and their heavy handed approach will have played a big part in how it has escalated 

19 minutes ago, Storts said:

In fairness, I spent all day in that square, gorgeous venue - not a sniff of trouble with the police - so although I stood by them in my earlier comments, looking at the footage and knowing where they are, it's pretty inexcusable.

However I have no doubt that police actions and their heavy handed approach will have played a big part in how it has escalated 

Yeah not disputing that continental police aren't as geared up as our own. Although why should they be? There's no excuse really we wouldn't want it in our back yard

8 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

Fair points, just seeing the 'Gibraltar is ours' stuff makes me lose any rational belief in these human beings.

10 hours ago, HoneyNUFC said:

That's not what I said at all. 

I said "escalate", it's a social psychology fact that certain types of policing approaches make situations worse.

There aren't any riot police on a Saturday in England and yet hundreds of away supporters are smashed off their faces and gathered in bars and arrests get made. When a couple of fans get out of hand the Police don't come along dressed for war and coming at anyone who happens to be standing there. They learned their lesson decades ago about that approach. 

Madrid police have form on getting the riot gear out. They're known for beating old women, kids and disabled people just because those people were in the wrong place at the wrong time. They also have form on beating innocent fans of English clubs and never being held to account for it.

People like you just hate fun. You're happy for everyone who is having a good time drinking to suddenly be in fear of police brutality because someone else in the pub got a bit rowdy.

That's the National Police, not the Local Police.

Lessons to be learned from both sides. Smashing glasses and chanting things such as 'Gibraltar is Ours' might seem funny at the time but in the grand scheme of things so soon after the explosion with The Dortmund Coach it's not funny at all. You'd like to think they would all be on there best behaviour given recent incidents. At the same time, after seeing some of the footage I don't see how Police should not be held accountable for there actions as there is no way some of the force used is proportionate or necessary. I think we've gone too far 'the other way' in regards to Police accountability in this country but at the same time I think almost every country in the world could learn a lot from how our Police Officers conduct themselves.

• Subscriber
On 4/12/2017 at 9:07 AM, HoneyNUFC said:

8 arrests, 4 injured

They want that situation. 100%. They're vermin.

On 4/12/2017 at 9:28 AM, Tanksie said:

Nice attempt at being funny although ironically there's some truth in your theory. We weren't being violent until they started. That's usually the case. Police can start whatever they want and get away with it because they know we'll get the blame.

Our fans weren't entirely blameless, but make no mistake, the police are the main perpetrators here. Don't listen to what the biased media tell you.

• Subscriber
On 4/12/2017 at 11:31 AM, HoneyNUFC said:

This. Funny how it's people who have never actually been in the position who are the experts.

The media are scum. The collective failure to turn on them is a massive shame.

The Spanish police are animals. I'm absolutely praying someone like Legia Warsaw go there next year and take on those cunts.

• Subscriber
On 4/12/2017 at 6:44 PM, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Thats what happens when you bottom feeder fans participating in such a prestigious tournament, they don't know how to act properly. 

Yeah, what it needs is more American Man Utd 'fans' streaming Europa League draws with Anderlecht.

Archived