talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wed 8th March - Barcelona (6) 6-1 (5) Paris Saint Germain

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This match shows why 2013 Bayern was a great team and PSG is not a great. After winning their first leg 4-0 at home, Bayern came to the Camp Nou to score more. PSG on the other hand just tried to defend and advance because of the away goal rule.

Yes, it's unlucky considering PSG hit the woodwork. Yes, the penalty was ultra soft. But PSG didn't play like true champions tonight. Kudos to Barcelona - the greatest team ever - for creating the greatest spectacle ever seen.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I'm retiring....  There's no point in watching football anymore.  Nothing will ever beat this and I hate Barça for it.

Thank fuck for that :ph34r: 

Like every one said its really a great match, a historical one indeed. The ref also had a very good game and did not fall for any of those dives Suarez made in the box and also gave him an yellow for simulation. But I still feel the second penalty was a soft one. But barca did play their hearts out, Neymar and Busquets men of the match for me.

Too many dodgy decisions to be the best comeback of all time. Two very soft penalties given (second was a dive and never a penalty), at home, in front of a packed stadium. 

An excellant match nonetheless and will certainly go down as one of the best. 

Just now, LFCMadLad said:

Too many dodgy decisions to be the best comeback of all time. Two very soft penalties given (second was a dive and never a penalty), at home, in front of a packed stadium. 

Uefa Fixed it

You reckon? 

article-1087477-02A4D50A0000044D-236_468

I like to think Messi handed the pen to Neymar because he knew it was immoral to take it when it was an incorrect decision...or he bottled it.

As long as we hear a total shut down of the usual suspects bitching and moaning about other clubs get decision I can put up with the fanfare about this result, but you won't see a team get more dubious decisions in one game. I can accept the referee/officials just had an absolute nightmare and buckled under pressure of fans/big stage etc. It doesn't absolve PSG or diminish Barcelona, PSG should not have been in that position.

The second penalty was exactly the same one as yesterday against lewandoski. Apparently both the defenders "didnt go for the ball" but were trying to push or hinder the striker from getting the ball. Both soft penalties for me and the red was ridiculuos yesterday while today's was a yellow (?). Not sure if he was booked today

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

You reckon? 

article-1087477-02A4D50A0000044D-236_468

For both games to be even comparable just shows you how good each game was. Opinions will be split depending on each fans views.

Even Liverpool v Dortmund last season is right up there but it's not CL so it doesn't hold as much clout.

Maybe Chelsea will be involved in a decent tie one day! :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, True Bender said:

What is this photo supposed to proof?

A dodgy decision given for a very soft penalty and blatant dive? Not rocket science to figure out. But considering you believe Real's defence is better than ours, I won't hold it accountable. 

He's still bitter we were there at Chelsea's expense pal! That's why he's peddling all the 'this is the best EVER' comments so much xD

Not at all. Why bitter when the ghost goal would of had Cech off if it didn't stand? 

And yes, this tops Istanbul for me, despite your ironic dodgy penalty claim. Hence the photo. 

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Asura said:

The second penalty was exactly the same one as yesterday against lewandoski. Apparently both the defenders "didnt go for the ball" but were trying to push or hinder the striker from getting the ball. Both soft penalties for me and the red was ridiculuos yesterday while today's was a yellow (?). Not sure if he was booked today

Suarez fell like a ton of bricks. Lewandowski was pushed over.

Tonight's one shouldn't have been given. 

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Not the best come-back of all time because it was in front of a packed stadium :ph34r:

No what I meant was it was in Barca's back garden in front of a packed stadium of their 'own fans' and not a nuetral stadium with a mixed bag.  

It makes a difference and gives the home team a massive advantage, especially when penalties are being given for absolutely nothing xD

Just now, StanLCFC said:

Suarez fell like a ton of bricks. Lewandowski was pushed over.

Tonight's one shouldn't have been given. 

How does it matter the way he fell down when the defender did go for him but not the ball in the box? Like I said this was definitely a soft penalty if it indeed has to be one, the same way it was yesterday's where lewa did make the most of the "push" and dove.

• Administrator

for @Asura benefit because it's pissing me off that he keeps calling Koscielny's red ridiculous:

Players will still be sent off for holding, pulling or pushing, not playing the ball or having no possibility to play the ball, serious foul play, violent conduct or deliberate handball.

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

No what I meant was it was in Barca's back garden in front of a packed stadium of their 'own fans' and not a nuetral stadium with a mixed bag.  

It makes a difference and gives the home team a massive advantage, especially when penalties are being given for absolutely nothing xD

The first one has to be a penalty mate. You can debate on the second one though and Im not totally convinced it is a penalty

Archived