talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other News & General Chat

football forum

50 minutes ago, Cure said:

The disgusting thing is that now he's gone there's no chance for the family of Keith Bennett to know where they buried his body. Brady had been asking to die for nearly two decades but they insisted on keeping him alive spending thousands and thousands to do so, no doubt from taxpayers' pockets.

Brady was desperate to get out of Ashworth. That was his last 'battle' and he lost it.

The sad thing is I think there may have been more children killed by him and Myra Hindley, and he doesn't remember where Keith Bennett was buried.

Good riddance to one of the most sinister and evil people of our lifetime. 

Not exactly 'news' but I did read during the Bataclan massacre that a pregnant woman's womb was eviserated with a knife and man's genitalia were amputated and placed in his mouth. Not the just the usual Kalashnikov story we were fed.

From what I've seen on sosyul medier people mainly seem to be happy with his presidency (prime-ministerness?) because he can be used to make passive-aggressive political statements.

Edited by Panflute

As far as I know, besides matters on gay rights, he tows the usual Catholic conservative line on abortion etc. One un-elected right-wing PM, who happens to be gay, doesn't get rid of Ireland's problem with religion and social backwardness. 

Edited by Inverted

It was on Channel4 News that he actually got hammered in the votes by party members, losing by thousands. But because of the way their system works the members are weighted to 25% of the total and the the rest is made up of the politicians and councillors votes.

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, Inverted said:

As far as I know, besides matters on gay rights, he tows the usual Catholic conservative line on abortion etc. One un-elected right-wing PM, who happens to be gay, doesn't get rid of Ireland's problem with religion and social backwardness. 

Unfortunate. Either a misguided loyalty to the Catholic Church for votes and acceptance or just a very confused modus operandi 

20 minutes ago, Batard said:

Unfortunate. Either a misguided loyalty to the Catholic Church for votes and acceptance or just a very confused modus operandi 

I don't think he's actually a Catholic, but from what I've heard he is pretty much completely anti-abortion, except where the mother's life is at risk. 

But yeah, he seems to be a typical conservative - secures his own rights, and shuts the door after himself. So long as there's no racism or legalised homophobia, he's doesn't care about women not having control over their own bodies. 

Edited by Inverted

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

Two different shootings, one going on as we speak in san Francisco,  and one happened earlier. The second shooting happened at a baseball game in Virginia. Five people injured including a state rep. from Louisiana. 

All the gun control freaks will be in full blast now. My views are mostly liberal, but when it comes to gun control, i have a right-wing view. Mostly because i have been living in the south since age 9. 

337062_304164562944250_1877082311_o.thumb.jpg.63f80d3ae36a516b150547101858a224.jpg

Please tell me one of these guys is you.

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

US student freed from North Korea jail has been in coma for a year

df1a3f6920fd67423e7a3d53d772a666d82e6862

A US student freed from a North Korean jail has been in a coma for more than a year, his parents have said. Otto Warmbier, 22, was sentenced to 15 years in prison with hard labour in March 2016 after admitting he tried to steal a propaganda sign from a hotel he was staying at. Mr Warmbier was released on Tuesday but had to be medically evacuated from the country after it emerged he had been in a coma since he was jailed. North Korean officials told Mr Warmbier's family he fell ill from botulism after his trial then went into a coma after taking a sleeping pill.

Funny this as I was only just thinking about him a few days ago. I can remember this sentencing happening and feeling really sorry for the bloke at the time. It sounds as if his time in custody has been a strange one but thankfully it seems to be drawing to a close now that he's being freed. Taking a sleeping pill and slipping into a coma seems a better option than grinding out 15 years in a labour camp.

Brings it home how utterly out of sync North Korea are with the West. 15 year in prison for stealing a sign xD.

Russians are saying they might've killed ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Bagdadi in an airstrike. It isn't the first time such an event was reported, so take it with a grain of salt until it is confirmed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-dead-isis-leader-russia-raqqa-air-strike-killed-syria-islamic-state-chief-a7792801.html

12 hours ago, Panflute said:

Russians are saying they might've killed ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Bagdadi in an airstrike. It isn't the first time such an event was reported, so take it with a grain of salt until it is confirmed.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/abu-bakr-al-baghdadi-dead-isis-leader-russia-raqqa-air-strike-killed-syria-islamic-state-chief-a7792801.html

This is about the 5th or 6th time he's been reported as possibly dead. If he's like a cat, we've only got around 3-4 more times to kill him before we're finally rid of the fucking bastard.

Wiith Bin Laden was there ever this kind of like reporting on his supposed death before he was actually taken down? I don't remember it. I suspect these people are sort of following in Saddam's footsteps (especially with ISIS having so many ex-Baath party members in their leadership) and use doubles for top leaders? But I have no idea.

Philip Butters (Peruvian journalist) on his show said this about Ecuadorians and Felipe Caicedo

"Ecuadorians are just crocodiles in altitude. Felipe Caicedo is a monkey, a gorilla."

Hit worldwide news. At least in all Spanish speaking nations.

And people wonder why we don't improve as a nation.

• The title was changed to Other News & General Chat
  • The topic was pinned