Football League 2016/2017 - 21-25th April 2017

football forum

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
5 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

Wonder if people go on the pitch? 

they have at Port Vale. Bolton fans went on then Port Vale fans didn't like it so they piled on as well. Police involved xD 

1 minute ago, Toony said:

Will be interesting that, sure they'll be a few clowns that pile on then everyone will likely follow. 

Not sure how I would feel about it, in hindsight it's a bit small time but promotion is massive for us and for the first time in fucking years it feels like we could go somewhere - that relies on a few things, promotion being the main one and making sure Senor Benitez is backed in the Summer. So it will be a special night at SJP if we are promoted.

3 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

Not sure how I would feel about it, in hindsight it's a bit small time but promotion is massive for us and for the first time in fucking years it feels like we could go somewhere - that relies on a few things, promotion being the main one and making sure Senor Benitez is backed in the Summer. So it will be a special night at SJP if we are promoted.

It's certainly a cause for celebration, probably a feeling of relief more than anything. This division can ruin you as a football club if it gets hold of you for long enough.

I'll not be on the pitch but certainly won't begrudge anyone who does.

11 minutes ago, Toony said:

It's certainly a cause for celebration, probably a feeling of relief more than anything. This division can ruin you as a football club if it gets hold of you for long enough.

I'll not be on the pitch but certainly won't begrudge anyone who does.

Agree with every word for that, enjoyed the first half of the season but it has been a long, hard slog.

Next season is going to be one of the hardest years in memory I feel. Some Sunderland fans I know think they will walk it, they're in for a surprise. 

2 minutes ago, Any O'Brien said:

Agree with every word for that, enjoyed the first half of the season but it has been a long, hard slog.

Next season is going to be one of the hardest years in memory I feel. Some Sunderland fans I know think they will walk it, they're in for a surprise. 

I would be surprised if Sunderland went straight back up, particularly if they don't invest anything over the summer. Moyes will do a job at this level though.

I don't think we can win the league - expect Brighton to roll Bristol City over next week.

Aye the league is out of reach now. In the grand scheme of things I couldn't give two fucks. Hopefully win Monday so I can enjoy Cardiff away and Barnsley at home. 

Then a nice Summer not thinking "we need to win that and hope Huddersfield/Brighton don't win there" etc etc etc. Really has been one big headache.

It has been nice to care again, after years of quite frankly not being arsed what happens under Pardew and Carver, that grey haired old cunt Pardew killed my love for NUFC and Rafa has gave me the bug again. Hope he is here in August and beyond and if he is the club has a bright future. 

2 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

It's small time but we are currently in the small time :ph34r:

I'd have no shame it's just what you do down here.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived