talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Last movie you watched?

football forum

On 18/09/2017 at 9:06 PM, Viva la FCB said:

It - 9/10 - Fantastic from start to finish. One of my favourite horror flicks in as long as I can remember, i will definitely buy this one blueray when it comes out. Bill Skaarsgard was a perfect Pennywise. Great story, some good comic relief and good lines. Im excited for a chapter 2.

I was too,  until I realised that chapter 2 will have grown ups.  Watching these kids was too much fun,  especially the chemistry and humour.  Think we might not get that with the grown ups. 

It will all rest on Pennywise,  who was awesome in this one. 

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

I was too,  until I realised that chapter 2 will have grown ups.  Watching these kids was too much fun,  especially the chemistry and humour.  Think we might not get that with the grown ups. 

It will all rest on Pennywise,  who was awesome in this one. 

But of course they will! its every 27 years my friend :D i agree though the kids where perfect, you kind of forget the fact that all the adults around are ignoring everything and this group of misfit kids are the only ones that care to investigate. 

• Subscriber

First They Killed My Father (2017)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4882376/

A movie directed by Angelina Jolie and based on a book of Cambodian author Loung Ung, depicting the horrors of the Khmer Rouge regime through the eyes of a child. Been waiting for this for quite a while, and it didn't disappoint - great sets and costumes, exquisite cinematography and amazing performances by virtually unknown Cambodian actors. The story might feel a bit underwhelming at times, but that is one of the reasons why the film really worked for me. 

Check it out, it's streaming on Netflix.

8/10

On 9/24/2017 at 4:18 AM, ASF said:

'Kimi No Na Wa (Your name)'

One of the best 3 animated movies I've seen and has become an instant favorite of mine. Highly recommend it.

10/10

Sounds interesting. I might check it out, but behind closed curtains so no one sees that I'm watching an Anime :ph34r:

So Kingsman 2, and it's strictly decent.  What made the first one interesting was the humour and the fun,  graphic fight sequences.  Unfortunately the humour is completely missing in this one apart from Elton John's bit in the end.  He pretty much steals the show in the climax scenes. So you are only left with good fight scenes

A good one time watch. 

Seen some absolute gash films recently that they barely deserve a review, let alone a mention.

Baywatch - A mish mash of pure trash.

47 Meters down - Screamed straight to DVD. Aids.

All Eyez on Me - Thought this might be interesting seeing as it's about Tupac Shakur but no, it dragged. Steaming turd.

The Wall - Drawn out, heavily predictable yawn fest.

Really on a bad run at the moment. I've got the new Pirates of the Caribbean and Transformers to watch so really unsure if it's going to get better or worse right now.

'IT'

I was pounced on by my eldest daughter last weekend who wanted to go and see IT and as no-one else in the house had the brass balls to sit through such a terrifying ordeal except me I was the one who got chosen. Lucky me is all I can say about that.. 

I will say from the off that I actually thought it was very good, there were about 3 moments in the film that I could consider fairly creepy and you just have to trust that's a lot coming from me.. Having seen so many horror films over the years its hard to come up with something that does give you the odd shiver but this did quite a good job.. My daughter ( a huge horror fan herself ) found it for the most part amusing so we may differ on our opinions a tad.. 

Bill Skarsgard who plays Pennywise the Clown was genuinely one creepy dude.. so hats off I was impressed. Certainly wouldn't want him popping his head up from the bottom of my bed one night that's for sure.. ( not that I would be scared or anything you understand ) but who wants a bloke running round the house in a clown costume after lights out?? am I right or am I right people?? 

The main focus obviously was around the kids who all seem to be carrying some dark secret of their own which at points in the movie reared their ugly heads and how they find themselves flung together through one reason or another against a common foe.. 

Well worth a watch in my opinion and better seen at the cinema for a decent experience.. 

8.5/10

Watched American Made . If you have liked Narcos then you will absolutely love this. Tom Cruise was awesome,  and the story further adds to the belief that CIA is a fucked up institution. 

This would have made a good series too,  but I suppose it would have been similar to Narcos. 

On 9/24/2017 at 5:18 AM, ASF said:

'Kimi No Na Wa (Your name)'

One of the best 3 animated movies I've seen and has become an instant favorite of mine. Highly recommend it.

10/10

stupid Japanese anime. they are all the same

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7gFSo85szXEdjrPsBO99

digimon-adventure-tri-kndxhikari-3902514

I'm gonna watch the new Digi movie because nostalgia from the past strikes back but no more Japanese shit! (I already follow Dragonball...)

Don't usually plug Indian movies here,  cause bollywood is largely shite,  but a new movie,  'Newton' -  which also happens to be our official entry to Oscar,  is a worthy shout. 

Filled with dark humour,  raw,  and shows a side of the country which city folks like me don't usually see.  Also an apt commentary on democracy. 

30 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

So do I. But thanks to Marvel I'm so tired of super hero movies at the moment. 

I haven't seen one since the first avengers movie. 

I recently gave the daredevil tv show a go and found that a lot of fun. Better than the average marvel movie...

• Upvote 1

Bladerunner 2049 - 7.5/10

Loved all the elements of the film. The big issue is the paving and length of it. Its a real chore to get through. I expect my score to go up slightly as I'm sure the fact that I saw it in a theatre with bad seating had influenced my enjoyment. 

The Day Of The Triffids (1963)

Terrible effects very dodgy quality of actual film in much need of restoration, but a very enjoyable 90 mins or so.

This is not for you if you have a diet of the 95% crap that the film makers turn out this century & the back end of the last, but if you are a proper film nut... Triffids is a goody.