talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Non-League Thread

24 minutes ago, Storts said:

That's very true - think it may be a struggle again, everything still so up in the air. Fingers crossed for the Ryman. Harlow games would be fun

Yeah, I definitely want it to be the Ryman Premier, there's some good teams down there in Enfield, Billericay, Wingate & Finchley, Dulwich and Harlow and much less travelling. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Yeah, I definitely want it to be the Ryman Premier, there's some good teams down there in Enfield, Billericay, Wingate & Finchley, Dulwich and Harlow and much less travelling. 

Yeah, very true, some very well established sides though, and I definitely think we'll struggle with them. How often did you get up there this year?

3 minutes ago, Storts said:

Yeah, very true, some very well established sides though, and I definitely think we'll struggle with them. How often did you get up there this year?

Yeah, it's a tough league. Only once or twice this year, not as much as normal. Going to try and get to a few more next season with it being a decent league and hopefully a competitive Stortford side. 

• 2 weeks later...

Worcester City have decided to drop down to step five, the Midland League, which in turn means that Harrow Borough, the best placed 21st team in Step Three, get a reprieve from relegation and that means that either Bishop's Stortford or Staines Town are likely to be in the Southern Premier League next season instead of the Isthmian (Ryman) Premier. 

Potentially a lot of South West trips for Stortford but surely logic dictates that Staines are placed in the Southern League. 

So Bishop's Stortford have been shafted again by The FA and will compete in the Southern Premier League next season, despite Harlow Town, who are just a shade over 10 miles from Stortford, playing in the Ryman Premier.

Staines are presumably in the Ryman Premier despite basic facts like these distances:

Staines to Merthyr Town - 167 miles, Bishop's Stortford to Merthyr Town - 214 miles.

Staines to Frome - 94 miles, Bishop's Stortford to Frome - 153 miles.

Staines to Weymouth - 119 miles, Bishop's Stortford to Weymouth - 178 miles.

Staines to Tiverton - 154 miles, Bishop's Stotford to Tiverton - 213 miles.

Staines to Hereford - 126 miles, Bishop's Stortford to Hereford - 176 miles.

Staines mileage for those five games is 660 miles, in comparison to Stortford's 934 miles. 

Madness.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The bubble bursts after one game. I'm not that surprised. People's expectations were heightened after a decent pre-season campaign but our 'hardest' opponents were free-spending Billericay Town. Apart from them, it was pretty poor teams plus a spanking from Arsenal's 23's.

I think some people needed a reminder that this is basically a whole new squad, as proven by the fact that just one of today's starting lineup was at the club last season. The National League is no walk in the park and in the circumstances we find ourselves in, a season of mid-table mediocrity would be nothing short of a success. 

• Subscriber

Leyton Orient and Tranmere both got their first wins of the season tonight, both 3-1 at home against Solihull Moors and Woking respectively.

Aldershot, who beat Torquay 3-2, and Dagenham & Redbridge, who won 2-1 at Boreham Wood, are the only two sides with a 100% record after two games. Solihull Moors are the only team without a point but have only played once as their opening game against Chester was postponed.

Live on BT Saturday lunch time is Maidenhead v Hartlepool.

In the National League North, Harrogate, Southport, Brackley and Spennymoor Town (who beat FC United of Manchester tonight) are the teams with two wins from two. In the National League South, it is Truro, Chelmsford and St Albans.

• Subscriber

Leyton Orient slapped 6-1 at Bromley tonight while Torquay lose 4-2 at home to Boreham Wood and Tranmere draw 0-0 at Guiseley. 3-3 draws between Dagenham & Redbridge - Ebbsfleet and Solihull Moors - Barrow so an eventful night in the National League. Aldershot conceded a late equaliser at Maidenhead but are still top after four games with three wins and a draw. 

• Subscriber

6-1 is absolutely dismal from Orient.

Billericay won 1-2 at Lowestoft.

The more I see of their owner the more I hope, and expect it go to massively tits up. He's a mouthy deluded arsehole.

15 minutes ago, Dan said:

6-1 is absolutely dismal from Orient.

Billericay won 1-2 at Lowestoft.

The more I see of their owner the more I hope, and expect it go to massively tits up. He's a mouthy deluded arsehole.

There owner reminds me a bit of Simon Jordan. Probably why everybody around here was delighted they lost to Kingstonians the other day.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

There owner reminds me a bit of Simon Jordan. Probably why everybody around here was delighted they lost to Kingstonians the other day.

And me. At least Jordan seemingly has some credentials though.

8 hours ago, Aaroncpfc said:

I really don't think that Jordan, as bad as he was at times, can be compared to Tamplin at Billericay. 

If people haven't already seen it, go and have a look at the mural he's had painted there at Billericay and what he's now doing to the changing rooms. 

It's all gunna end in tears there, I don't know when, but it will. 

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I really don't think that Jordan, as bad as he was at times, can be compared to Tamplin at Billericay. 

If people haven't already seen it, go and have a look at the mural he's had painted there at Billericay and what he's now doing to the changing rooms. 

It's all gunna end in tears there, I don't know when, but it will. 

Your hate just makes us stronger!!! We will go up and there's nothing any of you can do about it!!!

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Your hate just makes us stronger!!! We will go up and there's nothing any of you can do about it!!!

Everyone who says anything remotely negative or questions him is a 'hater'. 

I've learnt today that he nearly bought Brentwood Town, Bishop's Stortford and then Dagenham & Redbridge before someone, whoever the previous 'Ricay owner was, decided to sell him their club. 

I've been to 'Ricay a few times, it was a decent club with decent fans. I can only sympathise with them at this time because I imagine it's like watching a car crash, you know it's going to happen and you're watching it happen but you can't control any of it unfolding before you. 

I'm mightily glad Tamplin didn't get his tattooed hands on Stortford. 

• 2 weeks later...