The better place to talk football.

La Liga Week 34 Fixtures - 25-27th April 2017

football forum

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SirBalon said:

Reminds me of the Shire...  You Bilbo Baggins? o.O

I've actually been in one of those...  Beautiful!

You just said I'm descended from Galicians ergo it's my birthright. In all seriousness one of my life dreams is to retire to Spain. I doubt it'll happen but it's a goal of mine.

19 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

201204131847150.eucalipto.jpg

Have to admit that some parts of the province of La Coruña where bastards burned some of the land the local government went and planted fast growing trees which in most cases were eucalyptus.  Those trees are canibals!  They eat up everything that's autochthonous in the area.  Horrible!  They're actually chopping them down and planting the original oaks.

15 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Have to admit that some parts of the province of La Coruña where bastards burned some of the land the local government went and planted fast growing trees which in most cases were eucalyptus.  Those trees are canibals!  They eat up everything that's autochthonous in the area.  Horrible!  They're actually chopping them down and planting the original oaks.

I am a bit of an hypocrite. I hate the eucalyptus plantations so common in Galicia, while I love the sequoia grove in Cantabria.

When it comes to sequoias I am a globalist.

21 minutes ago, Kowabunga said:

sequoia grove in Cantabria

For sure...  They're beautiful giant trees!

The eucalyptus isn't autochthonous to Galicia and were planted on a mass scale (especially in the Province of La Coruña) due to the intentional fires in Galicia's ancient forests.  The local government wanted to fill the habitat full of green as quickly as possible and the eucalyptus grows to adulthood in a matter of 7 to 8 years and throws so many seeds that within a decade and a half it overpowers everything that grows naturally in the region.  Like I said, they're bringing them down now and putting in the original trees that used to habitat the area which is the particular autochthonous Galician oak which is closely related to the North American Oak.

The north of Spain is a green paradise as you well know and something that for example many people in England don't know about because they're just used to the southern beach resorts and green less areas.

• The topic was unpinned
5 hours ago, Stan said:

@SirBalon @The Rebel CRS

Can you get this weekend's match day chat up please :D ?  

I would have but Balon beat me to it. To be honest, Balon would probably be the better option to make them these days as I often forget and sometimes don't have the time even though it's not something too time consuming.

55 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

even though it's not something too time consuming.

What are you talking about!  It took me tons of time and I'm still resting after the sacrifice!!! >:(

Honestly though mate...  Miss you around the place and if you're busy and can't post then fair enough.  But it would be great to see you more active around here at least. :(

17 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

What are you talking about!  It took me tons of time and I'm still resting after the sacrifice!!! >:(

Honestly though mate...  Miss you around the place and if you're busy and can't post then fair enough.  But it would be great to see you more active around here at least. :(

I'm not THAT inactive mate and I won't be going anywhere as I still come on to post, even if not as much as the past. The forum is looking spot on though and a great job has been done around here.

As for the game(which I haven't commented on yet), Osasuna were very poor and the worst team to go to Camp Nou this season(I suppose that explains why they are bottom of the league on such a small amount of points), but you've still got to defeat what is in front of you and the team did well. Good on Gomes for getting a few goals as it may boost his moral and get him playing with more confidence. Paco Alcacer also looks in top form lately and deserves to be getting the chances he has been lately. You can see there is more faith growing in him as the games go on.

Messi was also Messi and it was a wise decision to bring him off, as was the decision to rest Suarez, who I believe has looked fatigued lately.

Osasuna's goal, the free-kick by Roberto Torres, was quality. It's sad what is happening with Osasuna overall, although it's evident that they don't belong in the top flight at the moment.

1 minute ago, The Rebel CRS said:

It's sad what is happening with Osasuna overall

Should've listened to Michael Robinson on the radio mate...  He went into one about what's happening with Osasuna (as you well know, he played for them).  They're gong down and not even a miracle is gonna save them.  Hopefully they won't be too damaged by it and we don't get another Real Oviedo situation.

They used to be a very tough opponent to come up against and produce some good players, but not anymore. Then again, there are a few players in that side who would do well at other sides in la liga such as Sirigu, Sergio Leon and Roberto Torres.

Oh yeah and I can't forget Mascherano's first goal. The reaction from the bench said it all xD. It was a well taken pen at that. You can't save those.

Archived