talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Atlético de Madrid Discussion

On 21/09/2017 at 9:48 PM, SirBalon said:

Yeah, that's the story coming from Spain on Diego Costa.

He's made for the way Atlético Madrid play and he will only make Atleti stronger on options.  They're not all that far away from being an authentic elite club in my opinion.

@The Rebel CRS

So does Costa coming in mean that Griezmann will go? With the new stadium now do the likes of Manchester United have the same pulling power? I think it'll be a shame if they lose Griezmann but he will go for £100m+ which I imagine they will manage to find a suitable replacement for.

What are Atletico's finances like now? Are the owner pumping money in or is the stadium draining bigger revenue away?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Danny said:

@The Rebel CRS

So does Costa coming in mean that Griezmann will go? With the new stadium now do the likes of Manchester United have the same pulling power? I think it'll be a shame if they lose Griezmann but he will go for £100m+ which I imagine they will manage to find a suitable replacement for.

What are Atletico's finances like now? Are the owner pumping money in or is the stadium draining bigger revenue away?

i don't think Griezmann will go. He and Costa could form a partnership like Aguero/Forlan did before they went their separate ways or even like Falcao/Costa before the latter joined Chelsea.

Most likely Vietto (on loan) or maybe even Gameiro will go. Gameiro always seems to be injured or not favoured by Simeone. 

On 8/21/2017 at 11:04 AM, SirBalon said:

There is no way in hell Atleti will pay 70m for Costa. 

:ph34r:

With add ons it's looking likely. 

I personally don't see Griezmann leaving to United as well. His lifestyle is very 'spanish/south american' if you haven't noticed. 

2 hours ago, Danny said:

@The Rebel CRS

I don;t think it's their plan to sell Griezmann and Costa is there to improve on Torres and Gameiro, who are not good enough to be regular starters for a side who have ambitions, but you never know if Griezmann himself wants to leave and they wouldn't be able to prevent it due to the clause.

Correa has looked quality this season though up front and finally starting to live up to his hype so Simeone has plenty of depth there.

They seem to be on top nowadays in terms of finances  compared to the situation they were in and are now buying players without selling, 2 of the most recent being Vitolo and Diego Costa, neither of which were cheap. It's amazing just how much they have grown as a club since Simeone went there. They were a mess both on and off the pitch and are now one of the better ran clubs in Europe. Miraculous turnaround really.

Yeah, Barça would have to pay €200m if they want him instead of the €150m for everyone else. 

I doubt he’d leave though and he would play in his favoured position behind the striker when Costa plays.

Atlético Madrid are ambitious now... Losing the Champions League Finals was a massive disappointment and not seen as success. It only serves as proof for the future that the club is ambitious and that counts. The club is financially doing excellently. 

3 hours ago, Danny said:

Is it not a bit odd that Griezmann mentioned not leaving because of the transfer ban? Seems strange if he wants to stay that he'd mention that

He said other things before that during the transfer window that made it look like he wanted to leave and was inviting other clubs to bid for him.  Who knows!  He may move in the future or he may not.  What's for sure is that Atlético Madrid are using everything they have to be ambitious and to attract the best.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, this is really good stuff. Great interview with Filipe Luis, quality questions and quality answers. Piqué, Messi, and much more, some of the best parts:

@SirBalon @The Rebel CRS 

https://www.elmundo.es/deportes/futbol/2017/10/12/59de09d4ca47410f3e8b4580.html

¿Viven los futbolistas en una burbuja?
Sin ninguna duda. Un 80% vive en una burbuja. Sobre todo los jóvenes, que enseguida quieren imitar a sus ídolos.Creen que si van con un neceser de marca bajo el brazo, unas zapatillas de 400 euros y ocho tatuajes ya son estrellas y que sólo por eso la gente va a respetarles. Olvidan el mundo real. Es la clásica burbuja del futbolista: venirte arriba y comprarte un cochazo con tu primer sueldo.
¿Usted qué hizo con su primer sueldo?.
Comprarme un coche [risas]. Costaba más de lo que cobraba y me tuvo que ayudar mi padre a pagarlo. Cuando creces te das cuenta de que ya puedes ser Maradona que esto se acaba para todos y más te vale haberte preparado para la vida de después, pero antes cometemos casi todos los mismos errores.Yo también tuve mis momentos de salir o beber más de lo que debía. Por suerte, mi padre me devolvió al camino.

En verano, parecía que con la marcha de Neymar, el Barça entraba en crisis. Pero es líder y lo ha ganado todo. Al final, Messi te soluciona cualquier problema.
Messi es tan bueno que puede ganar la Liga solo con un equipo mediocre, que no es el caso. Pero el Barça se mantiene arriba todos estos años por él. Porque el Barça tiene facilidad para crear polémicas internas constantes. Parece que les gusta. Pero Messi es tan bueno, taaaaan bueno, que les sostiene pase lo que pase a su alrededor. Cuando Messi o Cristiano meten 50 goles la gente piensa que los defensas somos malos, pero cuando no están ellos no hay otro que meta tantos goles y somos los mismos defensas... Es muy difícil para todos y muy fácil para ellos. Es otro nivel.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

😂 if you say so. Guess you jumped on the citeh bandwagon since chelsea won't win any trophies this year huh? Last year they had a winning run like the current one and ended up with no trophies(Got knocked out by man utd and Arsenal ((maybe that makes Conte feel a little better)) ) 

Nah. Like Benitez, I deal with facts. FACT #1 City finished above you last season, making them better. FACT #2. You are currently 8 points behind City. Only providing more strenght for FACT #1

Given recent achievements it's a bit of a sidestep, even though United have been gash the last few years and Atletico have had good runs in the Champions League as well as doing well in Spain you could say it's a step-up, but with the money United are spending and calibre of player they're looking to bring in now I don't think it's much of a step-up.

I'd probably prefer to play in La Liga though as you could pit yourself against the world's best.

If he did leave for Atletico then it might be a case of him wanting to return to playing in his home country. It would be a good move for him as he's just the type of player they are lacking. It's been a struggling start to the season for them but with Diego Costa and Vitolo joining their squad in January, they certainly look a scary and very well balanced side. I actually think Simeone is starting to hold them back in some senses though.

1 hour ago, bozziovai said:

if trophy means nothing to a level of a Club, then what is ???

Because a team that finishes 5/6 yet win the Fa Cup or League cup isn't better than a team that finishes 2nd. Anything can happen in a one off game. 

The league > anything else. 

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Because a team that finishes 5/6 yet win the Fa Cup or League cup isn't better than a team that finishes 2nd. Anything can happen in a one off game. 

The league > anything else. 

well,  if you're saying that ..... might as well discredit Chelsea, United, Madrid, Bayern, Inter and Barca for their UCL silverware and Cup trophies.....

i understand that the league is very long and it needs consistency to win it but i just can't fathom that you would put off the side the continental trophies.    The UCL needs luck during the ballots, but still, every team that has gone out the group stage has a right to be respected.   Knock out tournaments has this different aura that you must perform well during those two games ......

13 minutes ago, bozziovai said:

well,  if you're saying that ..... might as well discredit Chelsea, United, Madrid, Bayern, Inter and Barca for their UCL silverware and Cup trophies.....

i understand that the league is very long and it needs consistency to win it but i just can't fathom that you would put off the side the continental trophies.    The UCL needs luck during the ballots, but still, every team that has gone out the group stage has a right to be respected.   Knock out tournaments has this different aura that you must perform well during those two games ......

What are you on about?

Anything can happen in a one off game. There is more luck in winning a cup competition than the league, as the latter shows all the variables and elements that justifies a club's placement and ranking. Leicester made it to the quarterfinals of the Champions League last year, yet they finished 12th. We won the Champions league in 2012, yet finished 6th and Liverpool won in 2005 and finished below top 4. Wigan won the FA Cup in 2013 and got relegated. 

But I guess based on your reasoning, Leicester were better than City and Spurs last year. We were better than City in 2012, Liverpool were better than us in 2005, and Wigan, despite getting relegated, were better than City in 2013. 

Jog on. 

4 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Winning MULTIPLE knockout trophies bruh, quit bringing up the wigan bs. like i said, Chelsea had it easy last season cause they didnt have to play europe. 

If you think winning the most spastic treble in history, bragging about it, and embarrassingly finishing 6th in the league is above a team that won the league, than there shouldn't be any other nominations for the wooden spoon award. 

Had it easy. xDAs if we've never won the league whilst playing in Europe before. But you were probably still a Real Madrid fan at that point. 

2 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

EXACTLY. you play the game for trophies! They just hate the fact that man utd had the most trophies than anyother english team.

but the game now has changed due to money, as long as a team has a marquee player, it doesn't matter if they win or not as long as the revenues keeps coming in then most of the Board Members are happy.        But yeah, if you don't play to win trophies ( whatever competition that might be ) then better close the club ....

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

What are you on about?

Anything can happen in a one off game. There is more luck in winning a cup competition than the league, as the latter shows all the variables and elements that justifies a club's placement and ranking. Leicester made it to the quarterfinals of the Champions League last year, yet they finished 12th. We won the Champions league in 2012, yet finished 6th and Liverpool won in 2005 and finished below top 4. Wigan won the FA Cup in 2013 and got relegated. 

But I guess based on your reasoning, Leicester were better than City and Spurs last year. We were better than City in 2012, Liverpool were better than us in 2005, and Wigan, despite getting relegated, were better than City in 2013. 

Jog on. 

it's you that's made winning a UCL to be worthless if you finish 5th or 6th or 12th or whatever as long you don't win the League.      Coz that's the beauty of cup tie.   you only have two games to prove your worth, if you fail, then you're out.    I'm not discrediting the league but due to the fact that it's very long, if a team falters this week, then they have lots more weeks to claw their way back.

each has it's own aura and appeal; the league and Cups ....     saying one is better than the other is kinda making football look bad.

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

If you think winning the most spastic treble in history, bragging about it, and embarrassingly finishing 6th in the league is above a team that won the league, than there shouldn't be any other nominations for the wooden spoon award. 

Had it easy. xDAs if we've never won the league whilst playing in Europe before. But you were probably still a Real Madrid fan at that point. 

that's just low.   disrespecting the Treble of United and praising Chelsea

Archived