talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Atlético de Madrid Discussion

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Your lack of comprehending a specific argument and poor reading skills make any discussion with you tiresome. 

No offence 

oh no !!! going the personal-attack route this time ???     it's sad really that you only see your team's ( chelsea ) achievement while belittling the success of rival teams, in this case, United.

29 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

you're wasting your time bruh.. chelsea fans are the english version of cules. They are the best!!

i don't know what's up with him, too narrow minded to praise the success of other teams.      fack wait .... we're clearly off topic.   this is an atletic madrid thread hahahahahha

13 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

you're wasting your time bruh.. chelsea fans are the english version of cules. They are the best!!

Have you even met an actual Chelsea fan before? Not some kid in America or gone online or gone online and spoke to a load of people who don't live anywhere near west London, but actually met a Chelsea fan? And more than one, or two, or three...over your entire lifetime.

img_jggomara_20171115-202814_imagenes_md

Multimillionaire Israeli Idan Ofer set to buy control of Atlético Madrid

Israeli newspaper Israeli Calcalist announced yesterday that Israeli multimillionaire Idan Ofer has come to an agreement with the heirachy at Atlético Madrid to enter the closed group Atleti stock ownership.  This with a view to gain total control in the near future.

The news echoed by Reuters states that the 62 year old billionaire worth over an estimated 2.6 billion will finalise the purchase of the club by the end of the week although people close to Iran Ofer say that right now only a purchase of 16% has been accepted with a project to be ironed out by April next year and a further decision to be made after then.  Atlético Madrid have already been running with an Israeli sponsor for a while in the shape of Plus500 visible on their shirts which brings them in over €10m a year.

All of this after the Wanda group bought 20% shares in the club over a year ago and even got to put their name on Atleti's new Metropolitano Stadium.  But the directors at Atlético Madrid want someone more powerful in the marketing and media stakes and Idan Ofer has this worldwide power in other sectors he owns control in.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
6 minutes ago, Spike said:

@SirBalon What the fuck!?!? Carrasco at least had an amazing future in front of him. I don't think they even made a profit from the transfers!

he's definitely the more surprising one. 

I wonder what this holds for his World Cup chances.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

@SirBalon What the fuck!?!? Carrasco at least had an amazing future in front of him. I don't think they even made a profit from the transfers!

You all seem to be missing the bigger picture:

15 February 2018: "Dalian Wanda sells US$62.23 mln Atletico Madrid stake

22 February 2018: "Wanda set to take over hometown Dalian soccer team after selling stake in Spain’s Atletico Madrid"

26 February 2018: "Yannick Carrasco, Nicolas Gaitan Transfer from Atletico Madrid to Dalian Yifang"

16 hours ago, Spike said:

To be honest, players that do anything resembling this disappear off the map for me and I literally don't care about them or anything they do anymore. Any  player purposefully going down a level professionally from where they previously were for personal gain.

8 hours ago, Kowabunga said:

Looks curious and dodgy, but I doubt it has anything to do with Carrasco wanting to do a crazy earner. Maybe they all now think they can do a Paulinho.

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Was Paulinho on shit loads in China? He was hardly a big name in football.

He's now (at Barça) earning 20% of what he earned while in China, but that's not what I meant by "doing a Paulinho".  What I meant is that pre-China he was at Tottenham Hotspur and after China he's at FC Barcelona... Now that's not something that was expected as it is a very substantial move up in all factors where football is concerned.

Carrasco looked like he was going to be brilliant at first for Atletico, but he never really seemed to kick on, although you'd still have expected him to go to another European club. As for Gaitan, I forgot he still even played for Atletico to be honest.

Oblak and Griezmann, who is back on fire, are the two they need to look at keeping if they are to show that they are still a club to be reckoned with. They will be fine when it comes to Koke, Godin, Saul, Diego Costa, etc though.

Atletico Madrid manager Diego Simeone says "it would be better" if there was one worldwide transfer deadline day.

Yannick Carrasco and Nicolas Gaitan left Atletico for Chinese club Dalian Yifang on Monday, reducing Simeone's squad to 19 players for the remainder of the season.

Simeone has been critical of the timing of China's transfer window, which closed on February 28, saying it leaves European clubs in a vulnerable position if Chinese teams bid for their players after the January deadline.

• 2 months later...

I pray to the footballing gods that Griezmann stays at Atléti and so does Cholo. They just need one mediocampista and perhaps another extremo. But they aren´t getting younger, Filipe Luís isn´t gettting any younger in particular. What fucks me off is that Theo Hernández was snapped up by Real. It´s a very small, yet elite squad but that will burn it out quicker. Depth is needed.

Griezmann , Costa
Vitolo , Koke, Saúl, Ángel
Luís, Godin, Lucas, Vrjalsko

I imagine that is the team moving forward, Giménez has regressed I believe. I don´t think this team has much left in the tank. It really needs help. Could Vietto be retooled as a backup right midfielder-winger?

@SirBalon @Kowabunga Your thoughts on the future of  El Pupas?

Archived