talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Conspiracy Theories

I've always been interested in this but never convinced by any of the conspiracy theories:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyatlov_Pass_incident

A group of hikers are found scattered around, some hundreds of metres from their tent, some almost naked, having slashed their way out of their tent in the middle of the night. Some had sustained massive injuries and one had their eyes and tongue removed. 

Some have said it was a yeti attack, some that it was aliens, others that it was top  secret Soviet testing.

To me it the most convincing explanation is that somehow they woke up and got themselves into a panic, probably thinking there was an avalanche, and scrambled out of their tent.

But it's still a very curious incident. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Inverted said:

I've always been interested in this but never convinced by any of the conspiracy theories:

A group of hikers are found scattered around, some hundreds of metres from their tent, some almost naked, having slashed their way out of their tent in the middle of the night. Some had sustained massive injuries and one had their eyes and tongue removed. 

Some have said it was a yeti attack, some that it was aliens, others that it was top  secret Soviet testing.

To me it the most convincing explanation is that somehow they woke up and got themselves into a panic, probably thinking there was an avalanche, and scrambled out of their tent.

That explanation doesn’t really account for the tongue and eyeball removal though?

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/03/2019 at 17:25, Azeem said:

The Third World War must be fomented by taking advantage of the differences caused by the “agentur” of the “Illuminati” between the political Zionists and the leaders of Islamic World. The war must be conducted in such a way that Islam and political Zionism mutually destroy each other. Meanwhile the other nations, once more divided on this issue will be constrained to fight to the point of complete physical, moral, spiritual and economical exhaustion…

Albert Pike's letter from 1871 which was at display in the British Museum Library in London until 1977 allegedly. 

https://safenetforum.org/t/albert-pikes-three-world-war-letter-1871/22051

This so ver this happening around us... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

On 01/05/2017 at 13:24, Devil-Dick Willie said:

By demand of Fairy in boots.

A place to ask the most important questions in life, such as

Is the earth flat?

@Devil-Dick Willie one for you, a long read though :o

1041662403_DONTDELETE.thumb.png.2371e2b644c5f9d43ae3f3768f8a45e5.png

Flat Earthers, and the Rise of Science Denial in America

Lee McIntyre

AACI1IL.img?h=623&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Every day in the media we see once-unthinkable science headlines. More than seven hundred cases of measles across 22 states in the U.S., largely due to vaccine deniers. Climate change legislation stalled in the U.S. Senate—due mainly to partisan politicians who routinely confuse climate and weather—even as scientists tell us that we have only until 2030 to cut worldwide carbon emissions by half, then drop them to zero by 2050. And, in one of the most incredible developments of my lifetime, the Flat Earth movement is on the rise.

To make matters worse, scientists (and others who care about it) have not really found an effective way of fighting back against science denial. In this "post-truth" era—with headlines like "Why Facts Don't Change Our Minds"—it is an open question how to convince people who reject evidence, not just in science, but also on a host of other factual matters. In the empirical realm, scientists often choose to respond by presenting their evidence, then get upset and refuse to engage more when their data aren't accepted or their integrity is questioned. Perhaps this is understandable, but I also believe it is dangerous just to walk away and dismiss science deniers as irrational (even if they are.) Even worse is to react to their hectoring on the question of whether there is "100 per cent consensus" on global warming, or whether we're "certain" that vaccines don't cause autism, by blustering about "proof," which only gives aid and comfort to one of the most damaging myths about science.

But we really can't afford to do this anymore, nor can we afford to defend science simply by talking about its successes. Climate change "skeptics" already know about the marvels of chemotherapy...but what does that have to do with the spike in global temperatures in 1998? And philosophers of science have spent the last hundred years looking in vain for some definitive logical "criterion of demarcation" between science and non-science.

A better way to respond is to stop talking about proof, certainty, and logic, and start talking more about scientific "values." In my book The Scientific Attitude: Defending Science From Denial, Fraud, And Pseudosience, I defend the idea that what is most distinctive about science is not its method but its "attitude": the idea that scientists care about evidence and are willing to change their views based on new evidence. This is what truly separates scientists from their deniers and imitators.

Video: Why some people still argue the earth is flat (Daily Motion)

MORE: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/indepth/flat-earthers-and-the-rise-of-science-denial-in-america/ar-AACHUn3?ocid=chromentp

• 2 months later...
  • Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.bb45a943e1376035ae7e237406f9868e.png

German city offers $1.1 M to the person who can prove it doesn’t exist

VIDEO BY BUZZ60

Bielefeld? Never heard of it.

The German city of Bielefeld is offering $1.1 million to a person who can prove the town doesn’t exist.

Achim Held wrote down his thoughts that the city of Bielefeld did not exist and published them on Usenet in 1994 — and the conspiracy spread. As the saying “Bielefeld? That does not exist” gained traction over the past 25 years, the city is now setting out to put an end to the theory.

Bielefeld Marketing is offering 1 million euros, or $1.1 million, to the person who can prove the town doesn’t exist. To win the prize money, the person must provide “solid and irrefutable proof" that the city — which has a population of more than 300,000 — does not exist.

AAGbxUy.img?h=528&w=799&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

The city said they are 99.99% sure they can refute any proof from someone who finds evidence against the town’s existence.

On the chance that someone does prove the city, in fact, does not exist, however, Bielefeld said the prize money comes from the city’s marketing partner — so taxpayer money will not be used.

At the end of the contest, if no person can prove the city’s technical lack of existence, Bielefeld said the conspiracy will officially be laid to rest. The city understands that not everyone may be convinced, however.

“If nobody succeeds in proving the conspiracy theory, we will officially say goodbye to the Bielefeld conspiracy (Really, you may be curious). But we also know that we can not convince everyone. Finally, conspiracy theories and their followers are mostly humourless, dogged and ignore sound arguments,” a translated statement from the contest said.

The competition is open for those aged 16 and up until Sept. 4, 2019, at midnight. A full list of participation guidelines can be found on Bielefeld Marketing’s website.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/german-city-offers-dollar11-m-to-person-who-can-prove-it-doesnt-exist/ar-AAGdRe0

• 1 month later...
On 27/03/2019 at 11:42, Inverted said:

This one's a classic, but easy solved. Russian airbursting shells drives them suddenly from the tent and kills some, the cold kills the rest. Animals eat some bits.

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/08/2017 at 23:42, Smiley Culture said:

Randomly read a load of conspiracy stuff on Madeline McCann the other week. How true some of the "statements" were is something to look into but there was some damning stuff in there. 

How dogs can find cadaver scent in a car they rented days after the murder/'kidnapping' is simply not explainable.  Also, she washed that fucking cuddle cat.  There is not a mother on earth who would wash their kids cuddly toy if the kid vanished, not 1.  They are 2 very dodgy characters with very dodgy connections in the kiddiefiddling area.  

• 4 months later...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8053063/amp/Did-1981-Dean-Koontz-thriller-Eyes-Darkness-predict-coronavirus-outbreak.html

Koontz novel The Eyes Of Darkness describes a killer virus named 'Wuhan-400'

The fictional virus was developed as a bioweapon in Wuhan research lab

Coronavirus first emerged from the same Chinese city in December 2019

However there are several big differences between the novel and real life 

17 hours ago, Azeem said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8053063/amp/Did-1981-Dean-Koontz-thriller-Eyes-Darkness-predict-coronavirus-outbreak.html

Koontz novel The Eyes Of Darkness describes a killer virus named 'Wuhan-400'

The fictional virus was developed as a bioweapon in Wuhan research lab

Coronavirus first emerged from the same Chinese city in December 2019

However there are several big differences between the novel and real life 

That's more of a coincidence theory then, than a conspiracy theory.

• 2 years later...

So after ample research into the topic. I'm convinced Hitler's official death story is not true. A person with such cult following having no photographic, eyewitness or forensic evidence doesn't add up. 

There were legit operations to find him until the 50s. I don't believe the he lived quite long theories. He probably died in some secret bunker after a few weeks/months. 

47 minutes ago, Beelzebub said:

So after ample research into the topic. I'm convinced Hitler's official death story is not true. A person with such cult following having no photographic, eyewitness or forensic evidence doesn't add up. 

There were legit operations to find him until the 50s. I don't believe the he lived quite long theories. He probably died in some secret bunker after a few weeks/months. 

I suspect the same too and also suspect the Russians were sceptical.

I have seen a photo of an aged Hitler allegedly alive  with a family in Argentina, it looked realistic and if the site publish it again I will try and post. 

They could have prepared something as knew the end was coming like faking the dental records.

Yet if this was so doubt Himmler was aware of it.

I do recall reading about Leon Degrelle the Belgian that fought for the SS on the Russian front who offered to take senior Nazis away in an last minute flight which crash landed. He lived out his life in Spain who refused to hand him over to the US. He was wanted probably for his different views on the Holocaust.

Another was Otto Skorzeny who avoided the hangman's noose as a British officer broke ranks and also alleged British troops had dressed in German uniforms on occasion. Skorzeny authorised this in the Battle of the Bulge as a SS Panzer commander to fool the Americans.

The problem with a lot of conspiracy theories is they are less likely than the other option. 

E.g if climate change was a hoax it would mean between 20000 and 400 000 people would be lying. It's very unlikely it wouldn't be uncovered. So it's just more likely climate change is happening. So it's not really rational to believe it's not happening 

In the West many people do not speak out because of the perceived consequences.

Some break ranks later here is one -

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2022/jul/27/bbc-presenter-nicky-campbell-says-he-was-victim-of-abuse-at-school-in-1970s

In normal schools the risk is of bullying, I fought my way through school and it was voilent.

In boarding schools the risk is of sexual abuse. The problem there is even the police are reluctant to get involved as difficult to prove and a schools reputation can be seriously damaged. 

Archived