talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tuesday 2nd May - Real Madrid 3-0 Atletico Madrid (1st Leg)

6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Its hard to imagine them getting back in this with the second leg.

There's no way in hell that's being turned around.  This isn't Barcelona you're talking about who are by nature and historically a cavalier side that want to go forward (that's part of the reason they at times concede goals).  Simeone hasn't got it in his makeup to turn something like this around...  It's totally over and they needed an away goal with at most it finishing 2-1 for the game at the Vicente Calderón.

If Atleti turn this around I'll become a Spurs fan.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
Just now, SirBalon said:

There's no way in hell that's being turned around.  This isn't Barcelona you're talking about who are by nature and historically a cavalier side that want to go forward (that's part of the reason they at times concede goals).  Simeone hasn't got it in his makeup to turn something like this around...  It's totally over and they needed an away goal with at most it finishing 2-1 for the game at the Vicente Calderón.

The mental damage is already done I agree and this team might get a goal or two at home but I can't see them overturning this. What happened today was a manager who couldn't get his tactics right and when they failed him he resorted to trying to U-turn all he had done inorder to steady the ship. Instead he caused so much dissonance that it not only backfired but basically put him on his way out of the competition. 

4 minutes ago, Asura said:

what?? how??? If they were having such a better team and like you claimed if simeone is so good at setting up his teams in one leg games then they should be winning both the league and the domestic cup... You are going too overboard mate. 

Look at the players... Player by player!  They should be competing against everyone and not in the fashion they did tonight.

This IS THE SEMI FINAL you know!!!

To get this far means you're good and it means it even more when you're doing it season upon season with finals in between.  How many players in the Atleti side would everyone want?  There are very few any club would say no to.

Just now, SirBalon said:

Look at the players... Player by player!  They should be competing against everyone and not in the fashion they did tonight.

This IS THE SEMI FINAL you know!!!

To get this far means you're good and it means it even more when you're doing it season upon season with finals in between.  How many players in the Atleti side would everyone want?  There are very few any club would say no to.

Ofcourse mate, they are good players, no one said they arent. But you said no other side has better players than them which is what Im calling going overboard. Would Bayern want to replace Thiago with Koke? Will Barcelona replace Suarez with Griezmann? Will Real replace Ronaldo with Gameiro? Will Arsenal replace Walcott with Carrasco :ph34r:... The answer to all the questions is simply NO. There are teams with better players than what Atletico have mate, they are a decent size with a good manager who was possibly punching above their weight and it looks that has come to an end now. 

1 minute ago, Asura said:

Will Barcelona replace Suarez with Griezmann?

In a couple of years I'd say yes and there's a lot of talk in that area to be honest.

2 minutes ago, Asura said:

Would Bayern want to replace Thiago with Koke?

Maybe not but that's circumstantial because Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Juventus and Barça would all take him with their open arms.

3 minutes ago, Asura said:

Will Real replace Ronaldo with Gameiro?

No, but I would replace Giroud isn't better than him and that means he isn't worse than most.

3 minutes ago, Asura said:

Will Arsenal replace Walcott with Carrasco

Is this a joke mate?

Now name defenders and other players...  I'm not saying their the best!  I'm saying they're a top bunch of players which together as a team are no worse than anyone in Europe.

Simeone is in one of those situations where you've done amazingly with a club on FM but you've just ran out of ways to go further, and you start considering taking a step down just to make it interesting again. 

13 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

In a couple of years I'd say yes and there's a lot of talk in that area to be honest.

Maybe not but that's circumstantial because Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Juventus and Barça would all take him with their open arms.

No, but I would replace Giroud isn't better than him and that means he isn't worse than most.

Is this a joke mate?

Now name defenders and other players...  I'm not saying their the best!  I'm saying they're a top bunch of players which together as a team are no worse than anyone in Europe.

yeah in a couple of years when suarez gets old and cant run much and after his predator like instincts have died, but not at the moment, right?

Your second line proves that Atletico doesnt have better players than every other side in europe which is what you said. I dont have problem accepting they are a great side, its just that you said they have players better than any other side in europe.

Ofcourse its a joke about Walcott, I thought you would get it with the ninja emoji next to it

Just now, SirBalon said:

Rating Real Madrid beside Barcelona in the last 30 years is a laugh an a half!  :rofl:

I'd say 15 years and not 30. Real Madrid are still a bigger club but Barcelona have been better for the longest time.

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I'd say 15 years and not 30. Real Madrid are still a bigger club but Barcelona have been better for the longest time.

No!

Since Cruyff...  That's 1992.  You Americans are into stats.  Go and have a good time and then come back when you're ready.

If you want to look further back then we can talk other things.  I've never said Real aren't the biggest club in history.  I've disputed Stort's remark and that's where I'm right.  It's the only way to go.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

No!

Since Cruyff...  That's 1992.  You Americans are into stats.  Go and have a good time and then come back when you're ready.

If you want to look further back then we can talk other things.  I've never said Real aren't the biggest club in history.  I've disputed Stort's remark and that's where I'm right.  It's the only way to go.

Fair enough, I'll take your word as you would know better due to age.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Just check the stats mate.  Never take anyone's word for anything. ;)

I only care because of Sotil.

1 minute ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

I only care because of Sotil.

el-cholo1.jpg

One of the greats at Barça!  I wrote a great piece on the other forum on him which was lost in the first software update. >:(

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

giphy.gif

It's great when you can fish at the same time as laying out a cold hard fact.

Nothing can tell me Barcelona are a bigger club than Real, or better right now. Would Real have been destroyed by Juventus, and also PSG in that first leg? Of course they wouldn't. 

World class keeper; Two of the very best if not the best full backs in the world; Two center backs who are up there amongst the best of their generation for different reasons; A nearly flawless 3-man midfield that combines aggressiveness, drible, short and long pass, long shot, experience, speed and strength; Creative players all around; A striker who can play better than most outside the box and for the team. On top of this, they have one of the best goal scorers of all time.

Additionally, most of their players are used to winning at both club and international level, and many have won this competition at least once. Are we supposed to watch in awe while Real Madrid reach another final of this? It should be to no surprise, but ah, It must be UEFA...

7 minutes ago, Machado said:

World class keeper. Two of the very best if not the best full backs in the world, two center backs who are up there amongst the best of their generation for different reasons. A nearly flawless 3-man midfield that combines aggressiveness, drible, short and long pass, long shot, experience, speed and strength. Creative players all around, a striker who can play better than most outside the box and for the team, and one of the best goal scorers of all time.

On top of this, most of their players are used to winning at both club and international level, and many have won this competition at least once. Are we supposed to watch in awe while Real Madrid reach another final of this? It should be to no surprise, but ah, It must be UEFA...

Write a poem for the game after Bayern at the Bernabéu.

27 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

el-cholo1.jpg

One of the greats at Barça!  I wrote a great piece on the other forum on him which was lost in the first software update. >:(

Yeah, part of Peru's golden generation. The scariest part is that he was arguably not even in our top 3 of best players. Cubillas and Chumpitaz definitely the top 2. 3 was anyones game.

2 minutes ago, LaSambadeStGermain said:

Yeah, part of Peru's golden generation. The scariest part is that he was arguably not even in our top 3 of best players. Cubillas and Chumpitaz definitely the top 2. 3 was anyones game.

Do you know about the story where he arrived tired and injured 15 minutes before a Barça game after playing for Perú?  He wanted to play so badly in that Barcelona game that he borrowed money to play for Barcelona that evening and left without celebrating with Perú after the victory.

There are other anecdotes in interviews I've listened to from him on Peruvian radio which tell of a time which no longer exists with players.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived