talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Simulation - Diving in Football

football forum

Do you agree with six game bans for diving?   

21 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with six game bans for diving?

• Yes
    • No

• Administrator
16 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Callum Wilson told the referee and linesman on boxing day that he didn't touch the ball before claiming the goal as his once it was given. Can't get more deceiving than that. Surely a suspension is imminent.

A touch of magic xD

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Callum Wilson told the referee and linesman on boxing day that he didn't touch the ball before claiming the goal as his once it was given. Can't get more deceiving than that. Surely a suspension is imminent.

They are only supposed to review things the Ref may have not seen though... and although I don't disagree that he was both offside and used an arm to help the ball over the line after discussing it at length with the official it looks as though the ref has overruled the linesman and given the goal.. Not sure that it would count?? 

So not only is the 'Hand of God' allowed to create goals players can now say it was 'a bit of magic' that helped it over the line and all is forgiven... 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
On 21/11/2017 at 17:26, RandoEFC said:

Yeah and I look forward to the same sanction being applied when David Silva, Harry Kane or (to prove I'm not being biased) Wayne Rooney do the same thing.

This is absolutely pathetic. Not because Niasse didn't dive because he did (though there was contact), but because you see dives worse than that every weekend and nothing gets done about it. Don't get me started on when players deliberately make sure the defender catches their trailing leg and go down like a sack of potatoes which is just as bad as diving whatever anyone says.

From an actual non-Everton footballing perspective I'm glad he's been pulled up on it but I'll be absolutely fuming if one of the media darlings like Loftus-Cheek at the moment for example does the same thing next week (which lets be honest, almost every attacking player would have done in the same circumstances) and they don't get the same treatment.

Just bumping this thread to demonstrate how depressingly predictable it is that suddenly the retrospective bans have disappeared.

They got easy targets like Niasse and Lanzini who both did dive but both in situations where there was also some contact so you might define as "going down easily". Players are still doing it every weekend and people are justifying it left, right and centre.

Don't have much else to add besides what's in the original post being proved right over the last few months and with particular reference to the media darlings point regarding Alli and Kane flopping around in the box again in recent weeks to win penalties.

Archived