talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

Honestly... Jericho vs Omega was great, but disapointing. They were fantastic, but both can produce better and at wrestlekingdom of all places... Should have been more creative offence like head scissors and reverse frankensteiners and all that good artful stuff we know these guys can produce.

Would a canadian destroyer have been too much to ask from chris as well?

1 hour ago, Tanksie said:

Honestly... Jericho vs Omega was great, but disapointing. They were fantastic, but both can produce better and at wrestlekingdom of all places... Should have been more creative offence like head scissors and reverse frankensteiners and all that good artful stuff we know these guys can produce.

Would a canadian destroyer have been too much to ask from chris as well?

that move is for gheys

On 19/06/2017 at 10:48, The Palace Fan said:

It doesn't help the new stuff isn't that good any more.

In comparison Lucha Underground is back on TV and the pace and quality of those matches are nuts.

What channel is it on?

• The topic was pinned
On 25/01/2018 at 16:50, JOSHBRFC said:

Apart from the goat Stone Cold coming out the 25th anniversary show was meh. 

The constant references to how great the product once was started doing my head in. I don't want to hear how great the product once was. I want the talent that's around right now to create their own legacy.

Couple of RR opinions:

- Didn't really enjoy any of the singles or tag matches. 

- The men's RR for two thirds of it was terrible with a flat atmosphere. I think that was due to the astonishment it was on so early and it felt like a mid card contest. The last third pulled it back though and the right person won.

- The women's RR couldn't have really been any better. The right returns and the right set of action. I don't like the constant publicity The Bella's get but the whole thing was scripted well and the right person won.

- In hindsight I'm glad the women's match was on last. The actual wrestling for most parts was better than what the men put on. Two men in particular who always divide opinion were very monotonous and robotic. They got booed as it is but had it of been the other way round I reckon the boos would have been louder. 

My thoughts.  SPOILERS

1. All the title matches were great. The Usos match was (predictably) the worst of a good bunch, but only 2 falls pulling the rug out and the talent of Ben and Gable pulled it through. All the results were predictable, but there is a reason for that, they were the right results. Sami, Kevin and Styles can't go wrong with that much tallent, Lesnar vs Kane and Stroman was everything it had to be, and while the Raw tag match was no classic, Seth and Cesaro are bulletproof. And the Narrative of Seth doing it all himself only to fall was perfect.

2. The mens rumble match was great. A few disapointing spots, and I hate that Roman was at the pointy end, but as said above the right man won and it was full of great spots and the return of the 619

3. The womans rumble was as ALMOST good as it possibly could be. The only downs were the women in the final 4, 3 and 2. And the missuse of Bayley

No one wants the Bellas wrestling again, and no one believes they would win the rumble, so they were wastes of final 4 spots. If the last 4 was Sasha or Becky from the number 1 spot, Bayley, Asuka and nia, with maybe beth or Trish then we have a believable final 4. The two bellas, and Sahsa with Asuka was a bad for and Sasha getting eliminated when she did was a waste. No one wants a bella to win, and there's no way it would have been booked as so. If it had been Sasha and Asuka on the apron at the end I would have been on the edge of my seat, not just necking my beer booing Nicky waiting for Asuka to kick the ugly skank off.

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie

On 29/01/2018 at 09:15, Devil-Dick Willie said:

My thoughts.  SPOILERS

3. The womans rumble was as ALMOST good as it possibly could be. The only downs were the women in the final 4, 3 and 2. And the missuse of Bayley

No one wants the Bellas wrestling again, and no one believes they would win the rumble, so they were wastes of final 4 spots. If the last 4 was Sasha or Becky from the number 1 spot, Bayley, Asuka and nia, with maybe beth or Trish then we have a believable final 4. The two bellas, and Sahsa with Asuka was a bad for and Sasha getting eliminated when she did was a waste. No one wants a bella to win, and there's no way it would have been booked as so. If it had been Sasha and Asuka on the apron at the end I would have been on the edge of my seat, not just necking my beer booing Nicky waiting for Asuka to kick the ugly skank off.

Now you see, I can forgive them for that. The Bella's doing relatively well was going to happen due to the total divas show actually competing with viewer levels of all the housewife shows, which is what they were initially hoping for (possibly even better). They know that wrestling fans don't have much time for this, or how the Bella's have managed to get these lucrative positions, so the crowd and viewers were emotively going to want them to get eliminated. Whilst somebody like Sacha Banks can behave as arrogant and confident as she did but the viewers wouldn't necessarily be emotively booing her.  The further Nikki was getting, the more I was thinking "please don't mess this up Vince", just because of how favourable she's been treated previously. So in all it ended up being a final two of somebody people really wanted to see win, against somebody they didn't but was 'best for business' which is possibly the most emotive showdown in terms of crowd reaction they could have had. 

Also not having Rhonda involved was great. Having a UFC star debut and make wrestlers look second rate at a historic occasion would have dented the occasion.

On 29/01/2018 at 17:16, The Palace Fan said:

Now you see, I can forgive them for that. The Bella's doing relatively well was going to happen due to the total divas show actually competing with viewer levels of all the housewife shows, which is what they were initially hoping for (possibly even better). They know that wrestling fans don't have much time for this, or how the Bella's have managed to get these lucrative positions, so the crowd and viewers were emotively going to want them to get eliminated. Whilst somebody like Sacha Banks can behave as arrogant and confident as she did but the viewers wouldn't necessarily be emotively booing her.  The further Nikki was getting, the more I was thinking "please don't mess this up Vince", just because of how favourable she's been treated previously. So in all it ended up being a final two of somebody people really wanted to see win, against somebody they didn't but was 'best for business' which is possibly the most emotive showdown in terms of crowd reaction they could have had. 

Also not having Rhonda involved was great. Having a UFC star debut and make wrestlers look second rate at a historic occasion would have dented the occasion.

The 2 problems I have with that are 1. Unlike you I can't believe for a second even vince would put Nicky over Asuka and 2. That's EXACTLY what they did with the mens rumble.

Completey agree about Rousey, but she could have been in it and lost I guess.

• The topic was unpinned
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2018 at 08:51, The Palace Fan said:

The constant references to how great the product once was started doing my head in. I don't want to hear how great the product once was. I want the talent that's around right now to create their own legacy.

sorry man but it's hard not to compare the talent of yesteryears to today's.   

the mysterious aura of The UnderTaker.     The explosiveness of Goldberg ( WcW era ).   The spunk of shawn michaels and his matches against Brett Hart.

before, there's a thin line between acting and real brawl or real rivalry.   But today, you can clearly see it's all acting ( bad one at that ).    I stopped watching WWE wrestling when they tried to sexualize their program with Edge and Lita stripping/trying to fack themselves inside the ring.  that was the end for me.