talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't watch wrestling much anymore but I do follow the storylines sometimes. Is triple h a face now or a heel?

He's not really a wrestler. He's a popular real life figure because of NXT. But his 'character' shifts every season depending on story line.

I like how Triple H buried every other feud as being a case of people playing characters but what he's doing is real. And he did it in the middle of the show. I'd be so pissed if I was a wrestler in that company. Even as a fan it's pretty ridiculous that someone on the show is turning around and saying "we're playing pretend". I know Triple H gets a lot of credit with NXT but when he's actually involved in a storyline, he still tries to shit on everyone to get himself over.

• Upvote 2

Triple H and Shane McMahon looking immortal and taking spotlight EVERY year is just embarrassing. Especially when the roster is so bloated with talent. The culmination was Triple H winning the title at the Royal Rumble a couple of years back, along with Shane McMahon crushing all the momentum The Miz has built in the last couple of years with that tag team.

On a side note Ronda being a 'c u next tuesday' is probably best for her given she was one in her latter days in UFC. The fans hate her, the fans have a weird obsession with girls that show attitude, it makes sense. The one punch thing at Fastlane though was meh. At least do something else after.

Wrestlemania card lookin like...

Title matches

Rollins Vs Lesnar for universal title (Rollins to win)

Bryan vs Kingston for WWE Championship (could be a 4 way though, with Owens and Ali) (Kofi to win)

Samoa Joe vs Rey Mysterio for the US title (again, others could be added) (Rey to win)

Not too sure with the IC title. I was hoping for Balor vs Elias, but it looks like Lashley vs someone. Probably Balor (whoever isn't Lashley to win)

The revival vs 2 black men for the raw tag titles. (Black and Ricochet to win)

The Usos vs someone or other for the Smackdown titles. Putting the New day on the card is the obvious, but I'd like to see Sanity here. (who ever the Uso's face to win)

Asuka in a triple threat vs Mandy vs Sonya for the Smackdown title. (My blonde wet dream to win)

Rousey vs Becky vs Charlotte for the raw championship (Becky to win)

Bayley and Banks vs the Iiconics maybe? (Iiconics to win if so)

Other matches

HHH vs Batista in a match between 2 80 year olds no one asked for that would have been only okay 10 years or so ago (HHH to win the egotistical prick)

Angle vs probably big match John (angle to win)

Miz vs Shane (Miz to win)

Drew McIntyre vs Reigns (PLEASE let Drew win. Rollins will need a credible threat to feud with and this is how to put him over) 

Elias vs the crowd 

Possibly Natalia and Phoenix vs the fatties in another match we could all live without.

Looks mediocre.

• Haha 1

On 13/03/2019 at 09:49, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Wrestlemania card lookin like...

Title matches

Rollins Vs Lesnar for universal title (Rollins to win)

Bryan vs Kingston for WWE Championship (could be a 4 way though, with Owens and Ali) (Kofi to win)

Samoa Joe vs Rey Mysterio for the US title (again, others could be added) (Rey to win)

Not too sure with the IC title. I was hoping for Balor vs Elias, but it looks like Lashley vs someone. Probably Balor (whoever isn't Lashley to win)

The revival vs 2 black men for the raw tag titles. (Black and Ricochet to win)

The Usos vs someone or other for the Smackdown titles. Putting the New day on the card is the obvious, but I'd like to see Sanity here. (who ever the Uso's face to win)

Asuka in a triple threat vs Mandy vs Sonya for the Smackdown title. (My blonde wet dream to win)

Rousey vs Becky vs Charlotte for the raw championship (Becky to win)

Bayley and Banks vs the Iiconics maybe? (Iiconics to win if so)

Other matches

HHH vs Batista in a match between 2 80 year olds no one asked for that would have been only okay 10 years or so ago (HHH to win the egotistical prick)

Angle vs probably big match John (angle to win)

Miz vs Shane (Miz to win)

Drew McIntyre vs Reigns (PLEASE let Drew win. Rollins will need a credible threat to feud with and this is how to put him over) 

Elias vs the crowd 

Possibly Natalia and Phoenix vs the fatties in another match we could all live without.

Looks mediocre.

Other than Becky Lynch I can see a lot of mediocre endings for the fans too.

I wouldn't be surprised if Brock wins given it looks like he may be staying, there's a Saudi PPV next month, and Roman has returned. Vince would love another Brock / Roman encounter at Wrestle Mania. Nobody else will but he will. Fans wouldn't give the scriptwriters credit for a Drew / Seth double at Wrestle Mania but they'd sure moan if they both lost.

I'm secretly hopeing for Bryan to beat Kofi. I was a bit gutted we didn't see him win the title cleanly as I felt robbed of what would have been a fairytale story, but he looks really comfortable as the focus of the show. I hope he retains and the superstar shake up gives him new challengers. Also the fact Kofi doesn't  have a chest annoys me.

AJ/Orton I'm looking forward too. Randy Ortons done a really good job building it. Again, fans don't want to hear it but Randy winning from a story perspective as the WWE guy for 15 years makes sense.

HHH/Batista can get fucked as can Miz/Shane. The inevitable HHH/Shane match at WrestleMania 50 bores me already.

I'm not really feeling Kurt Angle's retirement match. The buzz of him returning wore thin when he kept wrestling one off matches too frequently.

I'm sure Becky Lynch will main event Wrestle Mania and will win. It's quite integral that happens really. It's nice to see the scriptwriters riding on a wave of momentum. The difficult part will come when she's been Champion for a couple of months maintaining that momentum. People love the chase of a face but there's not many faces they get behind as Champion for a long period of time.

For the foreseeable I see 'A NEW ERA' after Wrestle Mania with brand switches, then a 'NEW ERA' with nxt becoming a two hour third brand to compensate the growth of aew, and then a 'NEW ERA' when smackdown draws a bigger audience when it moves to fox. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, 6666 said:

Watched yesterday's NXT TakeOver. As usual the matches were good and as usual the crowd were extremely annoying. Overreacting to every little thing.

NXT crowd are good. Sure, you might get the odd cheap 'this is awesome' chant, and honestly I wish they'd go easier on Baszler but that aside much better than most main roster crowds. Adam Cole delivered the goods big time in his match with Gargano. Could be a 5* match that one. And finally someone took the UK championship off Dunne.

'NXT Takeover' was amazing. Pay per view of the year contender I reckon. The Johnny Gargano story over the last 18 months/2 years ranks up there as one of the best storylines WWE have ever told. Certainly with The Yes Movement story for the best of this decade. What a culmination that was to see him win and have his moment with Candice and Ciampa.

I watched G1 Supercard on Saturday over the hall of fame. I was really enjoying the show until Enzo and Big Cass showed up. I'm 100% sure by securitys reaction it was a work which pissed me off more. If theres ever two things that dont scream 'Ring of Honor' its "was that real?" Segments and the tag team of Enzo & Cass. They've also signed The Beautiful People ten years after they were beautiful. On the other hand the NJPW stuff at the garden was brilliant. 

I've seen all the videos of the Hall of Fame incident. Whilst Dash Wilder is being hailed as a martyr I think people are overlooking the punches Travis Bourne initially threw at the bloke. The guy must have had a death wish to attack a legend in a career defining moment who is now 61 years old, a cancer survivor and whose previously had a stroke in front of a load of wrestlers.

Oh I watched United We Stand which was a combination of TNA, Lucha Underground and a load of other companies. Production was poor, nothing noteworthy really happened, and TNA have for some reason bought back Rob Van Dam. Eli Drake (who is hopefully NXT bound) seems to have pissed off a lot of people by not participating in an inter gender match and has now been released. I dont think Don Callis ever really realised what they had in Eli Drake to be honest.

Predictions for tonight:

Brawn Strowman to win the battle royal in some crap spot with the SNL guys.

Somebody who actually needs to win the womens battle royal will win to appease the competitors. I hope for Sonya Deville.

Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins to win (& lose the titles some time next month).

Bayley & Sasha to win and be long term champions.

Anybody but Rusev and Nakamura to win because Rusev is on some mad and unnessecary PPV losing streak.

Triple H to win to satisfy his ego.

The Miz to win, but Shane does something to satisfy his ego.

Rey Mysterio to win because they seem to be betraying Samoa Joe as the worst tough guy ever when it matters 

Randy Orton to win because hes WWE and AJ Styles is TNA.

Finn Balor to win because hes a demon.

John Cena to cut off Baron Corbin and wrestle Kurt Angle in an enjoyable 20 minutes.

Roman Reigns to win (& ends any chance of this generation creating another main eventer any time soon).

Brock to retain. Crowd get pissed. Daniel Bryan to retain. Crowd get pissed. Becky Lynch wins main event to prevent a riot.

48 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Predictions for tonight:

Brawn Strowman to win the battle royal in some crap spot with the SNL guys.

Somebody who actually needs to win the womens battle royal will win to appease the competitors. I hope for Sonya Deville.

Zack Ryder and Curt Hawkins to win (& lose the titles some time next month).

Bayley & Sasha to win and be long term champions.

Anybody but Rusev and Nakamura to win because Rusev is on some mad and unnessecary PPV losing streak.

Triple H to win to satisfy his ego.

The Miz to win, but Shane does something to satisfy his ego.

Rey Mysterio to win because they seem to be betraying Samoa Joe as the worst tough guy ever when it matters 

Randy Orton to win because hes WWE and AJ Styles is TNA.

Finn Balor to win because hes a demon.

John Cena to cut off Baron Corbin and wrestle Kurt Angle in an enjoyable 20 minutes.

Roman Reigns to win (& ends any chance of this generation creating another main eventer any time soon).

Brock to retain. Crowd get pissed. Daniel Bryan to retain. Crowd get pissed. Becky Lynch wins main event to prevent a riot.

You're bad at this

Fuck the preshow

The revival to retain 

The Iiconics to win the womens belt

2 black men to win the smackdown belt

HHH to win unless batista is coming back for more matches.

Miz to win

Rey Mysterio to win, or, if he's injured. Andrade to wrestle in his place and win

I can't pick styles vs Orton. I'd say Styles though

If cena does wrestle angle it certainly won't last 20 minutes and it certainly won't be enjoyable. I really want Jason Jordan to be the run in personally. 

McIntyre to win

Lesnar to retain

Kofi to win

Becky to win

Brock Lesnar is mad if he thinks he has a chance of beating any top 5 heavyweight in the UFC, The way he lost the title tonight though makes it obvious thet he's heading back to the UFC and will probably be fighting Cormier so good luck pal.

That was a bit of a underwhelming match for Rollins to win the title but they clearly just wanted to get it over with and get the title off Brock so i was fine with the match, the low-blow was unnecessary though ;)

Really looking forward to the main event i have so much faith in the 3 women,  they will deliver and exceed all the hype surrounding the match, it will steal the show.

Was a good show from the start to the WWE title match. It was basically an episode of Raw after that meaning it wasn't very good.

5. Lesnar/Rollins

4. AJ Styles/Orton

3. Buddy Murphy/Tony Nese

2. SD Tag Title match

1. WWE Title match

The Styles/Orton match could've gone longer but time needed to be saved up for HHH to have his slow 20 min match...

10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

You're bad at this

Fuck the preshow

The Iiconics to win the womens belt

2 black men to win the smackdown belt

HHH to win unless batista is coming back for more matches.

Miz to win

Rey Mysterio to win, or, if he's injured. Andrade to wrestle in his place and win

I can't pick styles vs Orton. I'd say Styles though

If cena does wrestle angle it certainly won't last 20 minutes and it certainly won't be enjoyable. I really want Jason Jordan to be the run in personally. 

McIntyre to win

Lesnar to retain

Kofi to win

Becky to win

Solid. Too much faith that they'd cool on reigns, though in the end it's him who'll pay for it. 

15 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Few bad predictions there xD

I'm surprised anyone would think Brock was going to win. And It was also obvious Kofi was going to win with the momentum he's had recently. 

FOX have stated they want a more authentic show when Smackdown goes there and with the show in Saudi Arabia coming up I just presumed "business is business". Seth Rollins getting one over him on raw the show before wm is never a good omen.

Credit to the producers though, that was a great WrestleMania. None of my underwhelming predictions came in because none of it was underwhelming. A 9/10 for me. If it wasnt botched roll up finish i would possibly be suggesting this was the greatest Wrestle Mania ever.

• Upvote 1