talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

This weeks Smackdown was the best in years. The segments with Miz/Cena and Orton/Wyatt were something else.

Just fingers crossed Jericho or Lesnar get involved this Sunday and the title stays with Owens via dq. Nothing more unappealing than two part timers fighting for the title at WrestleMania.

Away from WWE, 'impact wrestling' have had a mad week. They lost Drew Galloway, The Hardyz, Mike Bennet and Maria, signed Del Rio and then Del Rio won the world title in his first match.

4 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

signed Del Rio and then Del Rio won the world title in his first match.

Signing him was apparently a last-minute thing too.  They were going back and forth regarding money for a while.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Signing him was apparently a last-minute thing too.  They were going back and forth regarding money for a while.

There was an interview with him when he signed for WWE again saying TNA spent a year getting the funds for him but once they had it WWE wanted him back. Sounds like a similar story again here. I think it could be a good fit if it's a long term contract.

41 minutes ago, Jay said:

On another note, anyone seen Lucha Underground?  Stunning viewing.  A must!

Watched since the start of the season two. The mid season break is a ballache but I like how everybody is almost even because of the exposure they all get given. The ladder match between Killshot and Marty Martinez was an unexpected classic.

20 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

Watched since the start of the season two. The mid season break is a ballache but I like how everybody is almost even because of the exposure they all get given. The ladder match between Killshot and Marty Martinez was an unexpected classic.

My favourite was the Graver Consequences Match between Matanza Cueto and Mil Muertes.  Brilliant.

Fastlane tonight, and unfortunately I think every match is easy to call.  

I've loved Kevin Owens title reign, but its obvious he's dropping it to Goldberg.  Why does Vince think anyone wants to see Goldberg v Lesnar AGAIN at Wrestlemania, this time with the title?  Wrestlemania is 100% going to finish with Lesnar holding the title - I'll put my mortage (if I had one) on it.

3 minutes ago, Honking Antelope said:

Fastlane tonight, and unfortunately I think every match is easy to call.  

I've loved Kevin Owens title reign, but its obvious he's dropping it to Goldberg.  Why does Vince think anyone wants to see Goldberg v Lesnar AGAIN at Wrestlemania, this time with the title?  Wrestlemania is 100% going to finish with Lesnar holding the title - I'll put my mortage (if I had one) on it.

True.  It's a shame as there is a lot of decent talent on the rosters at the moment who are over with the fans but they just don't get the breaks.  It's an image thing.  Vince loves the big guys who look the part.  Unfortunately it's turning into what WCW was ridiculed for back in the day (...and I was a WCW kid), bringing back the big talents for one more pay day and putting them over big time.

9 minutes ago, Jay said:

True.  It's a shame as there is a lot of decent talent on the rosters at the moment who are over with the fans but they just don't get the breaks.  It's an image thing.  Vince loves the big guys who look the part.  Unfortunately it's turning into what WCW was ridiculed for back in the day (...and I was a WCW kid), bringing back the big talents for one more pay day and putting them over big time.

I think times are changing slowly though, most likely as Trips gets more and more of a creative input.  KO and Bray holding the titles (until tonight) shows progress, as neither are Vince guys.  Imagine Reigns being Universal and Cena being World champs.  That'd be awful.

15 minutes ago, Honking Antelope said:

I think times are changing slowly though, most likely as Trips gets more and more of a creative input.  KO and Bray holding the titles (until tonight) shows progress, as neither are Vince guys.  Imagine Reigns being Universal and Cena being World champs.  That'd be awful.

Times are definitely changing.  NXT has been brilliant and even their live shows in the UK last year were excellent.  More down-to-earth and fun than the WWE Live events.

Also heard that there's potential for the Goldberg/Lesnar match at Wrestlemania to be a "Loser Retires" Match.  That'd be an interesting stipulation.  There was no mention of a title being involved in it so it might just be that the interference goes in Kevin Owens' favour tonight.

20 minutes ago, Jay said:

Also heard that there's potential for the Goldberg/Lesnar match at Wrestlemania to be a "Loser Retires" Match.  That'd be an interesting stipulation.  There was no mention of a title being involved in it so it might just be that the interference goes in Kevin Owens' favour tonight.

If Goldberg/Lesnar isn't for the title at Mania, then it makes no sense giving Goldberg a title shot at Fastlane. And I can't see past a Lesnar win at Mania - he'll never agree to losing three times to Bill, and surely Goldberg isn't back for the long haul?

• Administrator
18 hours ago, Honking Antelope said:

If Goldberg/Lesnar isn't for the title at Mania, then it makes no sense giving Goldberg a title shot at Fastlane. And I can't see past a Lesnar win at Mania - he'll never agree to losing three times to Bill, and surely Goldberg isn't back for the long haul?

I cannot see the logic in pushing a Lesnar Goldberg match at 'Mania, but then again I honestly cannot fathom some of the choices their creative team are churning out. 

22 hours ago, Honking Antelope said:

Also, looking back historically there are only a few guys who have actually beaten Goldberg.  Even fewer have managed to win cleanly against him.  I think Lesnar gets the strap at 'Mania and it's bye bye Goldberg.  Hall of Fame next year.

• Subscriber
22 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Fastlane was gash. Goldberg had made $2milion for 41 seconds of wrestling and he's world champion. Just fuck off.

Wow...

It's so obvious that Lesnar will get his revenge on the big stage. So predictable..

What happened with Del Rio and Paige? 

Anyone see The Rock ring Punk the other week after Raw? I know we probably won't see him in a WWE ring for a long time but it still gets me wishing :(

2 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Wow...

It's so obvious that Lesnar will get his revenge on the big stage. So predictable..

What happened with Del Rio and Paige? 

Anyone see The Rock ring Punk the other week after Raw? I know we probably won't see him in a WWE ring for a long time but it still gets me wishing :(

Alberto turned up at Impact wrestling this week. Paige will surely follow.

CM Punk was probably just laughing. Apparently, Vince was going ballistic in Gorilla, even though they weren't on air.

Raw was dogshit as usual. Quick 20min flick though and save my real viewing for SmackDown.

• Subscriber

Why did they leave though? I know they're a couple but what happened with WWE?

Vince going mad xD I love it. I hope that's true!

I haven't watched much of either just keep up to date with what's going on. Smackdown the much better show though? That's interesting..

2 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Why did they leave though? I know they're a couple but what happened with WWE?

Vince going mad xD I love it. I hope that's true!

I haven't watched much of either just keep up to date with what's going on. Smackdown the much better show though? That's interesting..

Alberto was released a while back. Paige has been either injured or suspended due to wellness violations.

I've had to skip most of these posts momentarily because i'm watching Fastlane now. Seems very predictable at the moment. Much more of a fan of The Blue Brand myself.

Some of what's gone on in the last week has been mad. Ring Of Honor have knocked it out the park. The Hardy Boyz turning up and winning The Tag Team Titles off The Young Bucks and then Bully Ray debuting and putting Adam Cole through a table. I hope that doesn't effect the possibility of Christopher Daniels becoming World Champion if Adam Cole goes WWE but there roster looks a lot stronger with the wealth of experience added.

Impact Wrestling have been doing promos for Chris Masters and Matt Morgan returning to the company. Konnan has returned too with a new version of LAX which contains Homicide. Nick Aldis is likely to return too.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned