talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

4 hours ago, 6666 said:

They're very WCW. Don't know if that's a good thing. At the moment they're new so everything they do will get a pass. I'm interested to see how things are in 6 months.

Between the Phil's bald head HIAC finish, the 'sports personalities' on fox, the random athletes competing in the ring I think WWE is FAR more WCW than AEW

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Watched the end of smack down. Tyson fury against braun strowman and lesner against valazquez. Is this what WWE has come to now O.o

Anyway thought dynamite was good this week. Didn't like the ending but I guess that is what being a heel is about. Although AEW fans seem to cheer who they like. Hard to tell who the heels are at time. I thought Darby allin appeared to carry Jericho at times in the main event. 

Think AEW have recognised that their tag team division is their strongest point and they are using it well. Like I said I watched the end of smack down and I thought the tag team match with Daniel Bryan and Roman raigns wasn't as good as what AEW is doing despite having better wrestlers. Would love to see Bryan in AEW.

Jim Cornette is a gimp. Always has been. Even when he has a point he goes far OTT to be taken seriously. When he talks about AEW he comes across as bitter that he will never be considered serious enough to be a part of the project. It's the same with Vince Russo and all those other helmets that should be left in the 90s.

• Upvote 1

On 23/10/2019 at 16:39, 6666 said:

One thing about AEW that's obvious is that their fans are extremely sensitive to any criticism.

I nicked @Devil-Dick Willie's comment about Cody/Dustin match being a WWE match with blood and not worthy of 5 stars. The reaction reached a level of anger that Dustin was likeing the replies.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Jim Cornette is a gimp. Always has been. Even when he has a point he goes far OTT to be taken seriously. When he talks about AEW he comes across as bitter that he will never be considered serious enough to be a part of the project. It's the same with Vince Russo and all those other helmets that should be left in the 90s.

I do think he is one of the most bitter bastards on the planet. hence the over the top hilarity. He's also a dinosaur. But much like the racist uncle at the Christmas party who says things that make everyone uncomfortable, his bullshit is deep enough embedded in some sort of twisted value that some of it is true. I also don't think he's bitter at AEW because they didn't give him a job, because I genuinley believe he would turn down the opportunity. Too old to need the money and would hate every minute of it.

AEW matches have shithouse psychology(if any) and too many finishers and mega moves getting kicked out of 
The young bucks look like pastey skinnyfat shit. They have never made an attempt to remedy this.
Marco Stunt is a travesty. 
Sometimes matches need to go for 30 minutes. Sometimes they need to go for 5. Not everyone can be a hero all the time. 
Tags should be made hand to hand. 

14 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I do think he is one of the most bitter bastards on the planet. hence the over the top hilarity. He's also a dinosaur. But much like the racist uncle at the Christmas party who says things that make everyone uncomfortable, his bullshit is deep enough embedded in some sort of twisted value that some of it is true. I also don't think he's bitter at AEW because they didn't give him a job, because I genuinley believe he would turn down the opportunity. Too old to need the money and would hate every minute of it.

AEW matches have shithouse psychology(if any) and too many finishers and mega moves getting kicked out of 
The young bucks look like pastey skinnyfat shit. They have never made an attempt to remedy this.
Marco Stunt is a travesty. 
Sometimes matches need to go for 30 minutes. Sometimes they need to go for 5. Not everyone can be a hero all the time. 
Tags should be made hand to hand. 

Pretty a much a spot on description of Cornette. I disagree about him turning down the opportunity to go to AEW. He just strikes me as someone who would sell his morals quite quickly.

Theres a guy I never heard of before I got back on Twitter called JDfromNY whose the only person I think I've blocked. Nobody needs to read so much negativity in there life.

8 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Thought this weeks AEW was glorious if I’m honest

Yeah, I've enjoyed all there shows to be honest. Everybody's wanted to see  show that can offer an alternative to WWE and has financial clout so let's just embrace it.

2 hours ago, UNORTHODOX said:

"Who wears a scarf" - Jericho 2019 xD

Classic Jericho. Its sad to see him out of shape but still one of the best talkers in the game.

8 hours ago, 6666 said:

Cornette is fun to listen to on the current product but not really a serious voice on the current product. His stories about the past are great though.

Bruce Pritchard and Conrad Thompsons podcast on the WWE network was my favourite to listen too in that sense. His episodes of Russo, AJ Styles and ECW were good to listen too. It helped that Conrad Thompson wasn't scared to criticise his views at any given opportunity.

On 30/10/2019 at 20:17, Devil-Dick Willie said:

That kid doesn't wanna wrestle for any company it seems. The next Austin Aires? (Only not as good) 

His comments about Jay Lethal just screamed jealousy to me. I don't know what planet hes on but I cant think of anybody's place he should have had in either Ring of Honor or NXT.

I didn't watch the Saudi Arabia show for obvious reasons but hearing that Nattie and Lacey had a match is a good thing. They have to attempt to leave some sort of legacy and this is the way to do it. Even if the schedule screwed them over for Smackdown the following night.

On a side note I seem to be the only person in the world who didn't like the nxt invasion. I know there hands were tied with the flight problem but having people like Daniel Bryan, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Sami Zayn and The Miz roll over to developmental talent just makes the main roster look weak. Theres nothing organic about it. But credit to the start AEW have had for making WWE think they have to bridge the gap between developmental and third brand in one night.

On a side note if you haven't heard and you're bored type Joey Mercury on Twitter. Hes gone to town on some real disturbing issues with Ring Of Honor. As if people didn't need an excuse to not watch the product at the minute.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

His comments about Jay Lethal just screamed jealousy to me. I don't know what planet hes on but I cant think of anybody's place he should have had in either Ring of Honor or NXT.

I didn't watch the Saudi Arabia show for obvious reasons but hearing that Nattie and Lacey had a match is a good thing. They have to attempt to leave some sort of legacy and this is the way to do it. Even if the schedule screwed them over for Smackdown the following night.

On a side note I seem to be the only person in the world who didn't like the nxt invasion. I know there hands were tied with the flight problem but having people like Daniel Bryan, Bayley, Sasha Banks, Sami Zayn and The Miz roll over to developmental talent just makes the main roster look weak. Theres nothing organic about it. But credit to the start AEW have had for making WWE think they have to bridge the gap between developmental and third brand in one night.

On a side note if you haven't heard and you're bored type Joey Mercury on Twitter. Hes gone to town on some real disturbing issues with Ring Of Honor. As if people didn't need an excuse to not watch the product at the minute.

I kind of agree with the invasion. There's no way Ciampa and Cole should have gone over clean. They can go over fore sure, but both just pinned former WWE champions middle of the ring no shenanigans. Was a bit disappointing 

Catching up on aew. What is the deal with Kenny omega? He seems to get a mixed reaction from fans. Although it is mostly positive some don't seem to like him. Is he a John Cena like wrestler who divides opinion @The Palace Fan

Edited by Guest

8 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Catching up on aew. What is the deal with Kenny omega? He seems to get a mixed reaction from fans. Although it is mostly positive some don't seem to like him. Is he a John Cena like wrestler who divides opinion @The Palace Fan

Generally not. I cant watch AEW but he has always been almost universally loved and generally celebrated as either the best white or best full stop wrestler at the moment, by everyone who isn't JC anyway.

Although moving from NJPW to an outlaw mudshow program hasn't helped his average match ratingxD

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Generally not. I cant watch AEW but he has always been almost universally loved and generally celebrated as either the best white or best full stop wrestler at the moment, by everyone who isn't JC anyway.

Although moving from NJPW to an outlaw mudshow program hasn't helped his average match ratingxD

When you say you can't watch AEW do you mean it isn't available or you don't like it?

So where would cody be in WWE in wrestling ability only? I know there is more to it than that but how would he actually rank as a wrestler in WWE. He's only had one match on dynamite and that is all I have seen of him. When I stopped watching WWE he was about mid card I think but had pushed upper mid card before. 

He wasn't great in the match. I don't want him to beat Jericho. I like omega and moxley but I would rather see simeone unexpected win it. Joey janela looms good maybe someone like him.

Absolutely love AEW though haven't enjoyed wrestling this much for over 15 years

7 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

So where would cody be in WWE in wrestling ability only? I know there is more to it than that but how would he actually rank as a wrestler in WWE. He's only had one match on dynamite and that is all I have seen of him. When I stopped watching WWE he was about mid card I think but had pushed upper mid card before. 

He wasn't great in the match. I don't want him to beat Jericho. I like omega and moxley but I would rather see simeone unexpected win it. Joey janela looms good maybe someone like him.

Absolutely love AEW though haven't enjoyed wrestling this much for over 15 years

Cody is a weird one. Meltzer spoke about his ability before. He's a good wrestler, with some great psychology. But he often struggles to put the pieces together. His 5 star match with his brother this year is his only 5 star singles match, and when he was NJPW he stuck out as not as good as the rest of the bullet club boys such as Kenny, the Bucks and Marty Scurll. 

He seems to be doing better in AEW though

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie