talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Davey boy smith jnr has been a free agent since he left NJPW. He mentioned interest in AEW, but they would rather sign more of their tiny friends than have a good working big guy. 

John Morrison was on BTE as well....

Given the vague links with MLW I'm surprised AEW haven't made a ploy to get The New Era Hart Foundation. I'm presuming they haven't because they're not exactly the quiet types on social media. The marketability factor is pretty much there.

I wasnt aware of John Morrison being on BTE but to be honest I'm quite happy to see him back in WWE. I'd quite like to see Matt Sydal back at some point too.

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given the vague links with MLW I'm surprised AEW haven't made a ploy to get The New Era Hart Foundation. I'm presuming they haven't because they're not exactly the quiet types on social media. The marketability factor is pretty much there.

I wasnt aware of John Morrison being on BTE but to be honest I'm quite happy to see him back in WWE. I'd quite like to see Matt Sydal back at some point too.

I'm glad Jomo is back too. He has a world title to win. Also, turn miz heel again (after a mildly promising start as face he bombed out hard) and have Miz and Morrison become a big deal in the tag division. 

Yeah especially since they have Brett Hart do stuff with them. It would be a big deal if booked right. 

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie

@The Palace Fan I'm not sure if I have missed an episode of dynamite or not. I went a few weeks without watching it and have been watching on demand. I think there wasn't an episode last week because of Christmas. 

I was up to the episode where Cody was attached by the butcher and the blade and it ended with moxley starring at Jericho from the stands. The next episode ended with Jericho and the inner circle staring at moxley from the crowd. The next episode was the one where Jericho asked moxley to join the inner circle and ended with the street fight. Haven't watched the next episode but it is the one where Jericho wrestles jungle boy. Don't think I have missed an episode but not to sure.

Anyway I think Penelope ford could be a good addition to the women's division. Have only seen a bit of her but she did a hurricaranna on hangman page and she could be good. Hadn't noticed anything wring with Jr's commentary but have noticed a few things since you mentioned it. I'm not sure if he has the same passion as he did in WWE.

It doesn't look like aew is gonna be any competition for WWE but as long as it is there offering wrestling fans an alternative that is good. I think maybe some of us did get a bit carried away saying it was gonna become bigger than WWE 

My top 10 singles matches of last year. The only non 5 star DM match on the list is the war between Naito and Ibushi that Meltzer refused to rate, claiming that if he gave it the rating it deserved people would die trying to emulate it. So it seems big shaka Dave and I have similar tastes. Also, I never expected Cody to make a match of the year list. The American night'meh', codeine Rhodes. But he proved me and many other wrong, and all he had to do was fuck up his brother.

10. Dustin vs Cody. AEW.

9. Iishi vs Takagi G1 climax NJPW. 

8. Tanahashi vs Omega NJPW

7. Okada vs Sanada New japan cup NJPW

6. Osprey vs Okada G1 climax NJPW

5. Walter Vs Tyler Bate NXT UK

4. Adam Cole Vs Johnny Gargano for the vacant NXT title NXT

3. Naito vs Ibushi, the one where Naito kills Ibushi dead at Dominion NJPW

2. Sanada vs Okada G1 climax NJPW

1. Osprey vs Takagi best of super jnrs final. 

On 05/01/2020 at 21:32, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Wrestle kingdom is done. Tetsuya two belts is the man and we got 3 match of the year contenders already. 

Standard NJPW really.

I hope there's some truth to the NJPW American company if they're not going to collaborate with ROH or AEW long term. Always enjoyed Osprey, Sabre, GOD etc in ROH and if we can see them with appearances from the likes of Tanahashi and Okada then happy days.

On 30/12/2019 at 13:07, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan I'm not sure if I have missed an episode of dynamite or not. I went a few weeks without watching it and have been watching on demand. I think there wasn't an episode last week because of Christmas. 

I was up to the episode where Cody was attached by the butcher and the blade and it ended with moxley starring at Jericho from the stands. The next episode ended with Jericho and the inner circle staring at moxley from the crowd. The next episode was the one where Jericho asked moxley to join the inner circle and ended with the street fight. Haven't watched the next episode but it is the one where Jericho wrestles jungle boy. Don't think I have missed an episode but not to sure.

Anyway I think Penelope ford could be a good addition to the women's division. Have only seen a bit of her but she did a hurricaranna on hangman page and she could be good. Hadn't noticed anything wring with Jr's commentary but have noticed a few things since you mentioned it. I'm not sure if he has the same passion as he did in WWE.

It doesn't look like aew is gonna be any competition for WWE but as long as it is there offering wrestling fans an alternative that is good. I think maybe some of us did get a bit carried away saying it was gonna become bigger than WWE 

You didn't miss anything from what I remember. I enjoyed the Jericho/Jungle Boy show as they put talent over and there was a lot of decent matches, but the majority of the internet absolutely slated it. There was a sketch where somebody noticed blatant fake punches that was blown all out of proportions.

----

On a side I called BT Sports to see what they could do with my package. As a loyal customer of 6+ years they sorted me BT Sports, multi room, BT app and Entertainment HD whilst reducing my monthly payments. Probably the best customer service I've ever had.

AEW really need to sort out this deal with ITV they have. It could have been absolutely massive for them, but showing it on a Friday evening must cost them so much viewers. By that time everyone has just streamed it. Despite my initial scepticism BT Sports are absolutely owning it with there WWE coverage.

On 12/01/2020 at 21:11, The Palace Fan said:

I thought everybody knew she was an arse? Either way, that tweet was terrible timing given she must have known she would get heat for it.

Who are you talking about?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

@Devil-Dick Willie not a huge follower of wrestling these days and haven't for a few years but was surprised to hear during coverage last night that McIntyre's been in the sport for 13 years (!) and was banned from WWE for a period of time too. Did enjoy Lesnar getting booted over the ropes mind xD 

The women's RR didn't seem too bad either. Lots of NXT in there.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Apparently the original plan was Roman and Baszler to win.

How come that changed?

I'm pretty sure there was a moment where AJ Styles went over and was eliminated but I don't think that was in the plan. Everyone looked confused in the ring as if it happened too early.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

How come that changed?

I'm pretty sure there was a moment where AJ Styles went over and was eliminated but I don't think that was in the plan. Everyone looked confused in the ring as if it happened too early.

So right now wwe know exactly what matches are taking place at Mania, it's just about setting them up. They probably realised having Roman win ANOTHER rumble would get him booed (even more) again. So roman will do whatever build up he needs to face the fiend, but without pissing the fans off. 

AJs shoulder got separated. He wanted out. 

However, people are getting over Charlotte fast. It's a similar thing to Roman and Lesnar. Too much all the time. Push push push push push. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

What is it with Charlotte? She's fucking boring... and looks more like a duck every time i see her. Her face just annoys me.

Lesnar's performance getting praised, Cena said he's the best in ring performer in history. O.o

Yeah Charlotte is quite good, but shes more plastic than person and she's ALWAYS got a fucking title. She's worse than Reigns in that regard. 

Lesnar can wrestle when he needs, and I liked the rumble, but Cena is obviously full of shit there.

I thought the Rumble was well written with Brock Lesnar. Every elimination had a purpose and he sold The Claymore Kick. I didnt think they'd pull the trigger on Drew but I'm glad they have.

Charlotte winning wasnt ideal but I'm prepared to be patient and see how they progress this. Winning the Rumble gives her more heat. X-Pac Heat has pretty much been considered a good thing since, well, X-Pac.

• Haha 1

Some people come back from X Pac heat. Corbin was getting duelling chants after his excellent matches with gable, and Taichi is loved in Japan these days. But it needs to be on a heel. A heel having go away heat is very acceptable, as people will line up to see them lose and fail. You don't want it or need it on someone as talented as Charlotte or a company face like Roman.