talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

31 minutes ago, UNORTHODOX said:

What are your thoughts on Jim Cornette? Most modern wrestling fans dont like him anymore because he's so outspoken about todays product.

i dont agree with a lot of what he says but that doesn't stop me from listening to his hilarious rants every week, His rants on Omega in particular are great although i quite like Omega myself.

He's the racist uncle of the wrestling industry. Much of what he says is ingrained in tradition, and is planted in sanity. Some of what he says is dumb.

However. 

Kenny Omega (and I do think hes the best or 2nd best white wrestler in the world) does prance too much
Tags should be made hand to hand and 5 counts adhered to (at the tag match in revolution the ref literally counts to 5 at one point then does nothing at all)
There are too many '5 star' matches 
Finishers aren't well protected enough

About these general principles he is correct. 

On 01/03/2020 at 13:24, Gunnersauraus said:

By the way @The Palace Fan thanks for the stream link

No worries. Glad it worked.

I thought AEW Revolution was a good show. I was surprised to see Cody take a L but that could really help MJF. That said, I think some of the reviews have gone a little overboard in their praise. The tag team match was great but I dont think it's the greatest tag team match of all time.

Most people were complaining about Hager's wife (who was clearly in on it) being kissed about Dustin. When people have had to turn in to absolute quilts to complain about that you know you've had a good show.

On 03/03/2020 at 20:16, UNORTHODOX said:

What are your thoughts on Jim Cornette? Most modern wrestling fans dont like him anymore because he's so outspoken about todays product.

i dont agree with a lot of what he says but that doesn't stop me from listening to his hilarious rants every week, His rants on Omega in particular are great although i quite like Omega myself.

The problem I have with Jim Cornette is that when he does have a good point he has to go way overboard. His twitter arguement with Austin Aries was one of my favourites as I pictured it with their voices xD

I have no idea why anybody would order a Cornette Club certificate but I would rather listen to him over JD and others who have no experience in the business, claim to hate a product, and then devote 7+ hours watching and god knows how many hours talking about it. What's more disturbing is the "stans" that follow people like that.

Even when Corenette is wong and delusional, his arguments and gift if the gab make him more entertaining than most people.It is also amusing that he is a diehard democrat that loathes typical southern conservatism, given that he loves the south.

• Administrator

Wrestlemania to be behind closed doors. 

Gonna be so fucking weird seeing that. Watched Smackdown highlights last Friday. Each wrestler was doing their own little bit on the mic and it was like watching a rehearsal of a play with no audience to react with/to. Very disturbing xD

Biggest event of the year in the WWE Performance Center. No special entrances, no pyro, no theatrics, no crazy audience, no one reacting to anything. A shame. Feel especially sorry for Drew McIntyre, was finally going to get crowned. That happening in front of no audience is unfortunate. Edge back at WrestleMania as well. No one to shit on Reigns vs. Goldberg. What's the point? Just delay it.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 6666 said:

Biggest event of the year in the WWE Performance Center. No special entrances, no pyro, no theatrics, no crazy audience, no one reacting to anything. A shame. Feel especially sorry for Drew McIntyre, was finally going to get crowned. That happening in front of no audience is unfortunate. Edge back at WrestleMania as well. No one to shit on Reigns vs. Goldberg. What's the point? Just delay it.

The biggest tragedy of all. 

1 hour ago, Azeem said:

Yes i just like bringing it up cause it triggers most WWE fans i've seem B|

Personally for me saying it is faked or coriographed isn't an issue. The issue is when people say there is no skill or athletism to it that is the issue. Also there are elements to it(like why fans cheer when certain wrestlers win and how emotionally invested fans get in the stories etc) that are quite hard to understand unless you are a wrestling fan. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

Why that one specifically? 

A good mix of match types, no bad matches, the first Elimination Chamber and a lot of nostalgia. Basically just remember it fondly from when I was younger.

Edited by 6666

34 minutes ago, 6666 said:

A good mix of match types, no bad matches, the first Elimination Chamber and a lot of nostalgia. Basically just remember it fondly from when I was younger.

I think the first elimination chamber I watched was Summerslam 03, for some reason the DVD came packaged with Here Comes The Pain or some other WWE game.