talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

Watching old PPVs in a short amount of time really does bring home how boring Triple H matches are. Not all wrestlers are great in the ring, most of the biggest names in wrestling history have a limited move set but they find a way to be entertaining and charismatic during matches. Triple H doesn't. And he has to get his 20mins+ everytime.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 6666 said:

Watching old PPVs in a short amount of time really does bring home how boring Triple H matches are. Not all wrestlers are great in the ring, most of the biggest names in wrestling history have a limited move set but they find a way to be entertaining and charismatic during matches. Triple H doesn't. And he has to get his 20mins+ everytime.

That period from about August 2002 until Batista emerged in December 2004 he made the main event scene of Raw absolutely unbearable. Smackdown without having the 'star power' pissed all over it.

• Upvote 1

Predictions this weekend?

WWE Championship: Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Drew McIntyre

Save Drew's big moment for a crowd.

Universal Championship: Goldberg (c) vs. Braun Strowman

Really depends if Goldberg is willing to extend his deal. What a depressing mess this situation is.

Raw Women's Championship: Becky Lynch (c) vs. Shayna Baszler

Becky to win and then they'll scramble to think of new ideas for her.

NXT Women's Championship: Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair

I just dont see Charlotte's long term future in NXT. 

Last Man Standing: Edge vs. Randy Orton

Hopefully a good end to a good storyline.

Boneyard Match: The Undertaker vs. AJ Styles

Looking forward to this one. Cant see WWE putting AJ on Brock/Roman level with a W.

Firefly Fun House Match: John Cena vs. "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt

Please for the love of god dont bury Bray again

SmackDown Women's Championship Fatal 5-Way Elimination: Bayley (c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Naomi vs. Lacey Evans vs. Tamina

Hopefully the ending will lead to a Bayley / Sasha storyline.

Intercontinental Championship: Sami Zayn (c) vs. Daniel Bryan

Looking forward to this one. Been impressed with how everybody involved has helped carry the show in the last couple of weeks.

Kevin Owens vs, Seth Rollins

I didnt realise how good Seth's WM record is. Let KO have his moment.

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Ladder Match: John Morrison and The Miz (c) vs. The Usos vs. New Day

I dont mind who wins this one. All three are good teams

Raw Tag Team Championships: Street Profits (c) vs. Angel Garza and Austin Theory

Raw tag divison has taken a pretty big shafting since Covid19 but Street Profits have been entertaining for a considerable period of time.

WWE Women's Tag Team Championships: Kabuki Warriors (c) vs. Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross

New Champs may just give new life to a dead division.

King Corbin vs. Elias

Hopefully a short quick comedy match with little damage done to withers reputations.

Otis vs. Dolph Ziggler

I've actually quite enjoyed this storyline. Let Otis have his moment.

Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley

AB to keep his momentum going. God knows when they'll fully press the trigger though.

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Agree with all of those barring the last 3 which I don't have any time for and also Orton to beat Edge. 

Watched Wrestlemania Legendary Moments on BT Sport which aired the other day. Brought back some very fond memories and nostalgic moments :x. Gonna be so weird watching some of the matches tonight and tomorrow with no crowd. Wrestlemania is famed for shocking moments and it just won't be the same with having no reactions to them. 

12 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Cesaro just won on the kick off show. Fuck me this is depressing already. this isn't mania, and it should never have gone ahead like this 

But think of the videos in 10+ years time when they talk about how loyal and enthusiastic the staff were to entertain their fans during a global epidemic.

They'll forget to mention the years of them being shafted by part timers of course. 

Which is a shame because Elias can go

They fucked up Beckys entrance. Badly. How do you fuck it up? Have her theme playing when she rocks up in the truck, have her climb out, then cut to the shot of the ramp, and have her come down.

Instead she arrives in complete silence, honks twice, then they cut to Shaynas entrance.xD

I feel like Jim Cornette right now

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Which is a shame because Elias can go

They fucked up Beckys entrance. Badly. How do you fuck it up? Have her theme playing when she rocks up in the truck, have her climb out, then cut to the shot of the ramp, and have her come down.

Instead she arrives in complete silence, honks twice, then they cut to Shaynas entrance.xD

I feel like Jim Cornette right now

Absolute shit show xD

Match was good, wanted a better ending. 

I'm done for the night. Will watch & catch up on what happened tomorrow! 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I must say I really enjoyed that Boneyard match.

100% they'll do something similar with Sting next year.

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

But, Is AJ just dead now? Did his contract expire? WTF xD

I didn't like it :(

It's just not the same any more with Taker. 

Enjoyed the ladder match. 

Braun vs Goldberg was pointless. 

Owens vs Rollins was good. I'm guessing Rollins has no ribs left xD

Kabuki warriors vs Bliss and Cross. Mediocre, some shit work in the finish though. 2/5. Prediction correct
Corbin vs Elias. Corbin is too big for Elias's best moves. Elias is too big for Corbins best spots. 2/5. Prediction correct
Becky vs Shana. Match was good up til the finish. Shana should have won that for sure. 3/5 Prediction incorrect 
Ladder match. Good work, JOMO is a freak, always was. 3.5/5 prediction correct
Rollins vs a hamster. KO and Rollins did what they could, but this match desperately needed a crowd. 3/5 Prediction correct
Bryan vs Zayn. I was hoping Sami would wrestle. He didn't. I'm not even sure he can anymore. 1.5/5 Prediction incorrect 
Strowman vs Oldberg. What a piece of shit -5 stars out of 5 prediction incorrect. 
Undertaker vs Styles. This wasn't a match per say but it was entertaining. Prediction correct. 

• Administrator

Forgot about that Daniel Bryan/Sami Zayn match. That tells you how memorable it was.

That wasn't even fit for an amateur wrestling competition. Embarrassing that made it to a WM match.