talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

Like this TNT championship idea in aew. Think it was important for aew to have a secondary championship. I'd like to see Darby Allen win it. Hopefully it doesn't go to mjf. I think aew could do with a women's tag team championship as well.

• Administrator

Enjoyed some of last night more than others. Same as first night. Some embarrassments of matches/entertainment. 

Glad Drew didn't get buried though at the end. Thought it was gonna be another 1 way ticket to Suplex City. 

Fatal 5-way was good with Bayley winning. 

First match between Rhea Ripley and Charlotte Flair was a good opener I thought. If Rhea could tone down the screaming and shrieking a tad that'd be great xD

Edge vs Randy was as expected. 

2 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Pipe down Meltzer.

I hate randy orton so much. Talented cunt who chooses to turn up about 5% of the time I don't know what big shagga dave said about the match, but fuck me it was 30 minutes of glacially paced 4/10 'action' and 2 men groaning. 

My mania ratings

Kabuki Warriors vs Bliss and Cross 2/5
Corbin vs Elias 1.5/5
Becky vs Shayna 2.5/5
Zayn vs Bryan 1.5/5
Rollins vs KO 3/5
Morrison vs Kofi vs Jimmy 3.5/5
Oldberg vs Strowman 0.5/5
Boneyard match. 4/5

Harlot vs Rhea 3.5.5
Black vs big black 1.5/5
Otis vs Dolphin 2.5/5
Edge vs Orton. 0/5
Street profits vs 2 randos. 2/5
Bayley vs 4 randos. 2.5/5
Fiend vs Cena 4.5/5
Drew vs Lesnar. 1.5/5

What a piece of shit mania. 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Devil-Dick Willie what is the match that Kenny omega had that is regarded by some as the best wrestling match ever? Might as well watch it while I have some spare time.

Kenny Omega vs Okada 2/3 falls at dominion. It's on dailymotion for free in 2 40 minute parts. 

I recommend watching the other 3 matches they had in chronological order to kill even more time and build the event. 

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Kenny Omega vs Okada 2/3 falls at dominion. It's on dailymotion for free in 2 40 minute parts. 

I recommend watching the other 3 matches they had in chronological order to kill even more time and build the event. 

I think he had another match which was regarded as one of the best matches ever as well. I can kind of understand why aew aren't pushing him to much as they seem to be worried about pushing people involved in management or links to people in management but I think he could be pushed a bit more. If AJ styles goes to aew he could have a good feud with him as I think they have history.  Saying that the tag team match at revolution was brilliant. Not sure if you saw it but it was the best match I have seen in aew. Don't watch WWE or any other brands so don't know if it could win match of the year but was very good. Out of interest how do the young bucks compare to the WWE tag team division? Do they have any better tag teams?

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think he had another match which was regarded as one of the best matches ever as well. I can kind of understand why aew aren't pushing him to much as they seem to be worried about pushing people involved in management or links to people in management but I think he could be pushed a bit more. If AJ styles goes to aew he could have a good feud with him as I think they have history.  Saying that the tag team match at revolution was brilliant. Not sure if you saw it but it was the best match I have seen in aew. Don't watch WWE or any other brands so don't know if it could win match of the year but was very good. Out of interest how do the young bucks compare to the WWE tag team division? Do they have any better tag teams?

His other best match ever was one of the prior matches against Okada. the 2nd one. 

Kenny is amazing. I disagree on this subject with JC. The bucks are one of my favorite, but also least favourite teams. I think they're excellent, but they could be even better. Some of their NJPW tag matches were fantastic, but fuck me they never sell properly. Matt just sorta goes "Oh my back hurts ouch" And then hits a triple locomotion suplex :dam:That tag match was awesome, one of the best iv'e seen. Certainly not 6 stars though.

They're right up there with WWEs best teams.

On 01/01/2020 at 21:06, Devil-Dick Willie said:

My top 10 singles matches of last year. The only non 5 star DM match on the list is the war between Naito and Ibushi that Meltzer refused to rate, claiming that if he gave it the rating it deserved people would die trying to emulate it. So it seems big shaka Dave and I have similar tastes. Also, I never expected Cody to make a match of the year list. The American night'meh', codeine Rhodes. But he proved me and many other wrong, and all he had to do was fuck up his brother.

10. Dustin vs Cody. AEW.

9. Iishi vs Takagi G1 climax NJPW. 

8. Tanahashi vs Omega NJPW

7. Okada vs Sanada New japan cup NJPW

6. Osprey vs Okada G1 climax NJPW

5. Walter Vs Tyler Bate NXT UK

4. Adam Cole Vs Johnny Gargano for the vacant NXT title NXT

3. Naito vs Ibushi, the one where Naito kills Ibushi dead at Dominion NJPW

2. Sanada vs Okada G1 climax NJPW

1. Osprey vs Takagi best of super jnrs final. 

@Gunnersauraus

If you're bored at home watch these one by one on Dailymotion. Expand your mind bro. 

Did anyone else think it was a bit irresponsible for Brit baker to wrestle? She is a dentist on the side so not sure that is the right thing to do unless she has closed it for the moment? 

2 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Hahahaha not really. Only 1 or 2 surprises 

I was more referring to a nine figure industry feeling the need to lay off so many staff after making out everything was fine during this pandemic. Sure, they shouldn't have whored so many people when AEW emerged, but how much money did they pay that dickhead who hosted WrestleMania recently? The revenue they get should more than cover the talent there.

In regards to "one or two surprises". Some of those lower midcarders had been around forever. Then you have Rusev, Rowan and The Good Brothers who have been in big storylines recently. 

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I was more referring to a nine figure industry feeling the need to lay off so many staff after making out everything was fine during this pandemic. Sure, they shouldn't have whored so many people when AEW emerged, but how much money did they pay that dickhead who hosted WrestleMania recently? The revenue they get should more than cover the talent there.

In regards to "one or two surprises". Some of those lower midcarders had been around forever. Then you have Rusev, Rowan and The Good Brothers who have been in big storylines recently. 

Gallows and Anderson and Mike Chioda are the only surprises. Rusev has wanted out for ages, and rowan was built up to have a dumb fucking spider, only to have it squashed immediately before it ever did anything.

Edited by Devil-Dick Willie

I for one don't like the amount of hocus, pocus shit in wrestling right now.

The Wyatt/Cena "match" was entertaining in its own bubble but in context it just makes everything look dumb. The "sports based"... promotion, AEW bringing in Matt Hardy and actually carrying out his insane ideas is a backwards step.

6 hours ago, 6666 said:

I for one don't like the amount of hocus, pocus shit in wrestling right now.

The Wyatt/Cena "match" was entertaining in its own bubble but in context it just makes everything look dumb. The "sports based"... promotion, AEW bringing in Matt Hardy and actually carrying out his insane ideas is a backwards step.

It has been that way for over 25 years. Undertaker comes out ZAP ZOOM lights go out and he strikes someone with lightning. 

Sad news about The Fink. Saw him a couple of years ago at a meet and great. One of my friends does a good impression of him. Volkoff was impressed. Finkel told him not to quit his day job xD hasn't done the impressuon since.

---

On a side note I think this weeks Smackdown and AEW shows are an insight in to the future really until things can move back to reality. A lot of easy wins for people against enhancement talent. A shame really as I dont trust WWE to have an end game when they do this stuff. As shown with Rowan and his spider that Aleister Black easily ended.