talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

21 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The SpeakingOut movement started with BritWres. Now it's spread to being about the independent scene as a whole where the chances of it happening there is higher as there's less oversight. I'm sure there are a lot that happened under WWE's watch as well, especially in the past, but nothing's come out yet about that.

There definitely would have been sexual harrasment in WWE. Wouldn't be surprised if Vince is in jail at some point. 

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Depends on the state.

Ow right. I thought it was a nationwide law. Knew it wasn't a constitutional law though

Wow. What a week to not pay attention to my Twitter.

So my understanding is this....

Jack Gallagher released with no future endevours speech following multiple sexual assault allegations. El Ligero has admitted to being a creep but denied the criminal allegations. Tyler Bate is a crap flirt and Matt Riddle's lady has been shot down as a stalker. 

David Starr blackballed from almost every promotion (thank God). A lot of relatively unknown British talent are pretty much screwed going forwards.

Joey Ryan and Dave Crist fired from Impact. Michael Elgin suspended.

Sammy Guevara and Jimmy Havoc suspended. The former should be fine long term. The latter i guess depends on the conclusion of the investigation.

Bea Priestly and Will Ospreay seem to have had no fall back from company's despite an allegation that they covered a rape.

Travis Banks and Marty Scrull have admitted to having sex with a 16 year old. They're playing the "but it isnt illegal" card in the UK despite the fact it's definitely immoral.

Theres something thats happened with Jim Cornette's wife too that he will no doubt make entertaining.

2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Wow. What a week to not pay attention to my Twitter.

So my understanding is this....

Jack Gallagher released with no future endevours speech following multiple sexual assault allegations. El Ligero has admitted to being a creep but denied the criminal allegations. Tyler Bate is a crap flirt and Matt Riddle's lady has been shot down as a stalker. 

Correct.

David Starr blackballed from almost every promotion (thank God). A lot of relatively unknown British talent are pretty much screwed going forwards.

Joey Ryan and Dave Crist fired from Impact. Michael Elgin suspended.

Also correct. Fuck these guys. 

Sammy Guevara and Jimmy Havoc suspended. The former should be fine long term. The latter i guess depends on the conclusion of the investigation.

Yep. Sammy did fuck all wrong and just an apology and keeping his head down here will save him. Side note on Havoc and Ryan. Is it any surprise the fucking guy with an emo kid gimmick and a creep gimmick  and a sleaze gimmick were emo creep and a sleaze?

Bea Priestly and Will Ospreay seem to have had no fall back from company's despite an allegation that they covered a rape.

Dead wrong. A female wrestler accused a friend of flippy willy of sexual harassment/assault on twitter. Ospreay heavyhandedly responded that you shouldn't use open public forums to make baseless accusations. He then refused to work shows with this girl as she made him "Uncomfortable". Bit of a twat? Yes. Any legal dangers/implications? No. 

Travis Banks and Marty Scrull have admitted to having sex with a 16 year old. They're playing the "but it isnt illegal" card in the UK despite the fact it's definitely immoral.

Wrong. In Banks case she was 17. And the fact that it's not illegal is whats important right? A hot young chick who loves wrestling and was training wanted to fuck a notable wrestler, and now that they have wreghretti spaghetti because in Banks case he is a douchebag (also not illegal) it's a problem? Come off it. Balor fucked 15 year old becky never forghetti 

Theres something thats happened with Jim Cornette's wife too that he will no doubt make entertaining.

Corney and his wife love to swing and possibly pee on each other. Weird and very not illegal 

13 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Wrong. In Banks case she was 17. And the fact that it's not illegal is whats important right? A hot young chick who loves wrestling and was training wanted to fuck a notable wrestler, and now that they have wreghretti spaghetti because in Banks case he is a douchebag (also not illegal) it's a problem? Come off it. Balor fucked 15 year old becky never forghetti  

Wasnt Banks in his 30's? Regardless if she's 16 or 17, its still odd and creepy. As is Marty Scrull in his mid twenties shagging a 16 year old. Illegal no, but immoral definitely.

Whether its legal or not, I imagine this will effect their bookings going forwards in the United States as theyll be judged by their cultural standards. If it came out a Turkish wrestler had sex with a 15 year old i'd be disgusted, to them this is the same thing.

5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Wasnt Banks in his 30's? Regardless if she's 16 or 17, its still odd and creepy. As is Marty Scrull in his mid twenties shagging a 16 year old. Illegal no, but immoral definitely.

Whether its legal or not, I imagine this will effect their bookings going forwards in the United States as theyll be judged by their cultural standards. If it came out a Turkish wrestler had sex with a 15 year old i'd be disgusted, to them this is the same thing.

The law is the law. And Lynch had sex with Balor when she was 15. No one bats an eye. 

I don't think much will come of it. Worst case scenario Scurll works in Japan for a bit where the age of consent is like 13

Sleeping with a 16 year old is a bit weird if you are a lot older. I wouldn't do it myself. But I don't think it is immoral personally.

19 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

NXT hace decided in the eleventh hour that they're going to have a two week Great American Bash special. That puts to bed the 'no other companies have any influence on NXT programming' debate, if it still was one.

Yeah they're hotshotting. So what? Of course they're gonna say they aren't 

4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Yeah they're hotshotting. So what? Of course they're gonna say they aren't 

I dont think anybody has a problem with them acknowledging what is popular in wrestling culture to stay ahead of the curve and put a ceiling on other companies. Its made NXT very succesful. Personally though, i feel on this occassion reacting so late comes across as second rate.

5 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

NXT hace decided in the eleventh hour that they're going to have a two week Great American Bash special. That puts to bed the 'no other companies have any influence on NXT programming' debate, if it still was one.

Wasn't the great American bash largely unsuccessful in WWE? Also seems a bit odd to use a ppv that WCW made against your main rivals

Not wanting to be on a show with someone isn't "black balling" or "black listing" someone. If Ospreay somehow blocked her getting a show anywhere (which he doesn't have the power to do) then fair enough but that's not what happened.

People on twitter just like to use sexy terms.

• Upvote 1

Impact release World Champion Tessa Blanchard.

Most people said this title reign would be a PR car crash after the allegations of bullying and racism surfaced. Im surprised she refused to do promos for them though given how much the company backed her. Thats gratitude for you. 

Personally hope WWE and AEW dont go near her.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Impact release World Champion Tessa Blanchard.

Most people said this title reign would be a PR car crash after the allegations of bullying and racism surfaced. Im surprised she refused to do promos for them though given how much the company backed her. Thats gratitude for you. 

Personally hope WWE and AEW dont go near her.

She’ll follow daddy to AEW.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Ligero and Travis Banks released. 

Will Devlin and Coffey be in trouble? So much has happened I cant even remember what they've allegedly done.

They like Devlin so they'll wait to see how that goes I think. Devlin/Escobar happening is more important....

Don't even know what Coffey is alleged to have done.

I'm really hoping that Jericho puts over orange Cassidy at fyter fest. Like I said I think it is a great gimmick and not easy to get right. 

Edited by Guest