talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

23 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I'm currently just paying attention to what's going on and then watching highlights of anything interesting on YouTube. Watching a mostly empty arena show just feels too weird. 

23 minutes ago, 6666 said:

I'm currently just paying attention to what's going on and then watching highlights of anything interesting on YouTube. Watching a mostly empty arena show just feels too weird. 

Ow right mate. I did that with wwe for years. Which brands do you normally watch?

4 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Ow right mate. I did that with wwe for years. Which brands do you normally watch?

Usually NXT. The rest are on highlights. Think Impact is free on My5. Used to watch that until they brought in Joey Ryan.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@Spike @6666 @The Palace Fan do you guys watch impact and aew as well or just wwe?

During lockdown ive kept up with Raw, Smackdown, NXT and Dynamite weekly. Its been easy working from home. The no crowd thing doesnt really bother me.

I stopped watching Impact weekly when Dynamite first aired. Ill still watch their major PPVs but given all their top guys will get poached theres just no point. Plus the whole concept of having Tessa as Champion when youve got guys like Moose, Elgin, Cage etc. isnt really an idea I can behind. Im more likely to give NWA a try than Impact if they start that up again. 

• Administrator

Who's on yours then? 

As a part-time wavering wrestling watcher I can't really go for anyone recent. I still live in the Raw era when it comes to WWE xD

1. The Rock

2. Stone Cold

3. The Undertaker 

4. Shawn Michaels

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Undertaker and HBK are definites. The other two are up for debate. HHH, Flair, Austin, Rock and Kane all deserve to be in contention.

Randy Orton when he retires will be up there. Excellent consistency over 16+ years and a phenomenal story teller.

Shorly cena has to be worth a mention  if yourmentioning  Orton even if you don't like him that much. And what about Hogan?

4 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Hogan? No chance. BLM would take it down.

I respect Cena's dedication but he hasnt influenced the business like others have.

Shorly he would be ahead of Orton though?

9 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'd have almost ANY long term WWE wrestler ahead of Orton. Lazy cunt.

My WWE Midcardrushmore

1. The miz
2. Dolph Ziggler
3. RVD
4. Rey Mysterio 

Midcarders? Yeah Orton sucks, 'another headlock randy?'

CM Punk if the last decade didn't happen.
Rob van Dam
Chris Jericho
Christian

Main Eventers?
Stone Cold
The Rock
Bret Hart
Kurt Angle

Edited by Spike

I don't get the Undertaker love. He has been a rotting zombie since 2008, his dead dude gimmick was boring as shit, I used to hate watching him take 8 minutes to walk to the ring, only to see a red headed man with his mullet and beard dyed black, covered in eyeliner like an overweight Robert Smith. Oh, and for years he didn't do shit outside of PPVs, pretty much post 2005 he exclusively wrestled once a month.

Ministry Taker was cool though, fucken hell he crucified Stone Cold, cheated, attacked people, seemed actually like an evil character.

Edited by Spike
  • Upvote 1

On 29/06/2020 at 21:37, DeadLinesman said:

Personally I’d have Chris Jericho up there.

I thought about it but hes had several long periods of leave even during the peak of his career thats hindered him.

On 30/06/2020 at 06:04, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I'd have almost ANY long term WWE wrestler ahead of Orton. Lazy cunt.

My WWE Midcardrushmore

1. The miz
2. Dolph Ziggler
3. RVD
4. Rey Mysterio 

He doesnt need to do backflips to be one of the greatest story tellers WWE have had for a very long time.

17 hours ago, Spike said:

I don't get the Undertaker love. He has been a rotting zombie since 2008, his dead dude gimmick was boring as shit, I used to hate watching him take 8 minutes to walk to the ring, only to see a red headed man with his mullet and beard dyed black, covered in eyeliner like an overweight Robert Smith. Oh, and for years he didn't do shit outside of PPVs, pretty much post 2005 he exclusively wrestled once a month.

Ministry Taker was cool though, fucken hell he crucified Stone Cold, cheated, attacked people, seemed actually like an evil character.

Blasphemy.

When Orton is good, he was very good. But he admits himself he's a lazy bastard, and when the crowd turned on him he'd give up rather than win them back. 
He's better suited to shorter 15ish minute matches where his limited moveset is minimized as a factor and his storytelling is better. Instead he wrestles 30 minute matches against his mates and makes a right meal of it. His matches against Rollins at mania and Harper at backlash? are good examples of what he's capable of when motivated. 

On 01/07/2020 at 10:00, Devil-Dick Willie said:

When Orton is good, he was very good. But he admits himself he's a lazy bastard, and when the crowd turned on him he'd give up rather than win them back. 
He's better suited to shorter 15ish minute matches where his limited moveset is minimized as a factor and his storytelling is better. Instead he wrestles 30 minute matches against his mates and makes a right meal of it. His matches against Rollins at mania and Harper at backlash? are good examples of what he's capable of when motivated. 

Orton vs. Christian delivered his best matches in my opinion. Against wrestlers that have a similar, slow style to him, it's a disaster. Him vs. HHH was especially shit.

So Jericho shared NXT spoilers because NXT won the ratings the past couple of weeks and NXT still won... Wasn't even a great show.

This ratings "war" might be fun but I don't know why people care that much. I guess people just want validation for watching the show they watch. Same way how Jericho wants validation for being seen as a big deal as he was never a top tier guy in WWE. 

I was so pumped for AEW when it was all announced. But they're so small time in their mentality, have produced little of what was promised and exist entirely off WWE sloppy seconds. I hate that it became cool overnight to hate on NXT, when NXT was flying the flag for quality US wrestling. Oh, and Moxly went 2 far in the serious direction. The goofiness of his character was overblown in WWE sometimes, but he's dialed it back to generic boring "badass".  No he shouldn't be wrestling in a bear suit, or in a shithouse heel turn where he is afraid of people giving him germs (ahead of his time).

But people loved him for shit like this 

They're the epitome of popcorn wrestling. Moonsault piledriver 2 minutes into a match for a 2 count. "When everything is amazing and special nothing is amazing and special"

Cody, MJF and a few others are being booked well, and avoiding the stupid gimmick shit. They're the ones carrying the company. 

On 09/07/2020 at 23:48, 6666 said:

So Jericho shared NXT spoilers because NXT won the ratings the past couple of weeks and NXT still won... Wasn't even a great show.

This ratings "war" might be fun but I don't know why people care that much. I guess people just want validation for watching the show they watch. Same way how Jericho wants validation for being seen as a big deal as he was never a top tier guy in WWE. 

I dont get why people feel the need to pick and choose a side. Competition brings out the best in everybody. If you can't enjoy wrestling now then you shouldn't be watching it at all.

On 10/07/2020 at 02:29, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I was so pumped for AEW when it was all announced. But they're so small time in their mentality, have produced little of what was promised and exist entirely off WWE sloppy seconds. I hate that it became cool overnight to hate on NXT, when NXT was flying the flag for quality US wrestling. Oh, and Moxly went 2 far in the serious direction. The goofiness of his character was overblown in WWE sometimes, but he's dialed it back to generic boring "badass".  No he shouldn't be wrestling in a bear suit, or in a shithouse heel turn where he is afraid of people giving him germs (ahead of his time).

But people loved him for shit like this 

They're the epitome of popcorn wrestling. Moonsault piledriver 2 minutes into a match for a 2 count. "When everything is amazing and special nothing is amazing and special"

Cody, MJF and a few others are being booked well, and avoiding the stupid gimmick shit. They're the ones carrying the company. 

The WWE 'sloppy seconds' stuff is a bit harsh as the guys they've hired were generally popular in WWE. They need established names anyway. I wouldnt say Jon Moxley has gone stale either but thats personal opinion.

The popcorn wrestling stuff just needs to be left to be left to the tag divison as an alternative to WWE as opposed to the whole show.

I did sigh for the first time since he left WWE when Cody came out the other night. Imagine the heat Triple H would have got in the naughties if he created a stipulation that ensured he would get a long match every week where he wins whilst playing the good guy. 

• Upvote 1

Haven't bought into Cody as a babyface ever. Should be a heel. Hopefully that's what they're heading towards.

None of the main eventers stand out above the midcarders. They seem to be more concerned with elevating guys they're not gonna actually use because they don't want underneath guys to be seen as a joke. Orange Cassidy in a 50/50 match with Jericho, what is that gonna do? Cody is probably gonna go 50/50 with Sonny Kiss next week. It just brings these guys down. Lanch Archer now feels lost because they've now gotten Brian Cage who's gonna fall at the first hurdle against Moxley. If not then why give him some random old ECW belt to hold? Then you have Brodie Lee who was botched since his debut and Omega whose stock has plummeted since AEW began. The champion, Moxley, has never had a good title run and it's no different here.

As for NXT, I don't like Keith Lee. Hope Kross takes his head off quick.

• Upvote 1

I think Ambroses IC title run was alright. I agree though. They have 4 large men in AEW. Wardlow, is a midcarder, hell, he's a midcarders stooge
Brodie Lee comes in, is build up, is thrown aside
Lance Archer comes in, is built up, is thrown aside. 
Brian cage (pinned by tessa Blanchard, remember that one next time he's dominating 6 men" will also fall to Mox.

Brodie lee should have never faced mox, and should have won the TNT championship, losing it only round about now to an undefeated archer with Jake the snake interference. 

Omega is the best athlete in the company, and was a huge draw in NJPW when booked correctly. He needs to be the next world champion.