talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

On 15/09/2020 at 14:44, 6666 said:

It won't elevate Cassidy as he's not going to be in the AEW title picture anytime soon. Would be surprised even if he went for the TNT title.

Hes extremely popular apparently. Didnt even know you watched aew?

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I was thinking about whether jericho should turn face? The fans cheer him anyway. Hes fantastic as a heel but maybe it is needed?? @Devil-Dick Willie @The Palace Fan

If he turned face you'd have to either have him split from the inner circle (bad idea) or the whole inner circle goes face (bad idea) You'd also need an oppressive heel for him to stand up to, which AEW doesn't have. 

In more important news involving actual pro wrestlers, Kota Ibushi has won the G1 defeating Sanada in just over 35 minutes.  

13 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Hes extremely popular apparently. Didnt even know you watched aew?

I try and keep up with what's going on. Haven't heard much from OC since the Jericho feud ended. Not saying comedy wrestlers don't have a place in wrestling, because I think they actually do, but they do have a ceiling when he comes to how far they can go.

11 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

WWE Hell In A Cell was very good last night. A major improvement on the year before. Possibly one of the best HIAC PPV's of all time.

I don't watch WWE bar nxt anymore, but back in 2016/17/18 when the miz was on fire having some of the best matches and fueds of the decade against AJ, Dolph, Seth, Sami back when he could wrestle, Roman even, Jeff Hardy, D Bry I was gagging for him to win MITB again and get another big run. Instead that fat lump of shit who can't wrestle Braun Strowman won the Mitb the Miz should have, then after beating Daniel Bryan twice, they had a match for a shot at AJs championship. Bryan won in 40 seconds with a roll up. I was convinced that was his last ever shot as after that came the Shane McMahon debacle, then Jomo joined him and he was a tag guy again. 

Please WWE, PLEASE PLEASE this is so easy not to fuck up, even for you guys. Let the man cash in, let the man wrestle Dolph, Seth, Owens ect. Then after 3-4 months begin the story where JoMo wants the belt and go from there. Good matches, simple booking. Don't over book him with dumb shenanigan's. 

On 27/10/2020 at 00:01, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I don't watch WWE bar nxt anymore, but back in 2016/17/18 when the miz was on fire having some of the best matches and fueds of the decade against AJ, Dolph, Seth, Sami back when he could wrestle, Roman even, Jeff Hardy, D Bry I was gagging for him to win MITB again and get another big run. Instead that fat lump of shit who can't wrestle Braun Strowman won the Mitb the Miz should have, then after beating Daniel Bryan twice, they had a match for a shot at AJs championship. Bryan won in 40 seconds with a roll up. I was convinced that was his last ever shot as after that came the Shane McMahon debacle, then Jomo joined him and he was a tag guy again. 

Please WWE, PLEASE PLEASE this is so easy not to fuck up, even for you guys. Let the man cash in, let the man wrestle Dolph, Seth, Owens ect. Then after 3-4 months begin the story where JoMo wants the belt and go from there. Good matches, simple booking. Don't over book him with dumb shenanigan's. 

Edge comes back. Ends his feud with Randy Orton by taking the title off him. His first title victory since having to relinquish the title almost ten years ago .... only for The Miz to cash in and take title ten seconds later.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Edge comes back. Ends his feud with Randy Orton by taking the title off him. His first title victory since having to relinquish the title almost ten years ago .... only for The Miz to cash in and take title ten seconds later.

Reigns bullies his cousins into submission, until a title match against (any babyface) where they come to ringside, but betray him. However, he still romans his way to a victory (as he does) but they beat him down after the match. Miz cashes in and it's a possible face turn for WWEs pet

12 hours ago, 6666 said:

I can't tell if you're serious or not about The Miz... I don't think he's currently in a position to be a midcard champion, let alone a top champion.

This should have been done in 2018. When that fat dickhead who can't wrestle won MITB. The miz was nuclear hot back then, but WWE have no sense of timing. It's one of their most major weaknesses imo. 

• Upvote 1

Personally think the time to pull the trigger on The Miz was two years ago. Instead they put him in that god awful angle with Shane McMahon and he's never felt the same to me since. He showed this week him and John Morrison can hang with the main eventers, but I wouldn't say they're as over as Drew, Bray and Orton who are arguably doing some of their best work at the minute.

AEW's go home show for Full Gear emphasised a big problem they have for me. The TNT title is being perceived bigger than the world title because Cody is being consistently booked with long segments and is last on. Mox has gone stale as a Champion because they're putting him in feuds with guys that are never going to beat him and he's not ending shows. It just feels inevitable that Jon Moxley will lose the title to his first real challenger, which is likely to be Kenny Omega at the next PPV.

Other than Mox/Kingston it does look like a good card so I'll probably stay up and watch.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

@The Palace Fan @Devil-Dick Willie I haven't seen all of full gear but I have seen most of the matches on YouTube.  Gonna watch the tag team title match tomorrow on daily motion because it's not on YouTube. I have heard it was very good. 

I thought it was good overall. Was very impressed with omega v hangman page. I thought it was a very good match technically. Omega needs to he champion now.

One thing I have to credit to aew for is realising that the women's division needs work and getting in women from other promotions when necessary. 

@Gunnersauraus Kenny will beat Mox. AEW will want to shake off the WWE rejects tag for one, and for two...

Mox will also lose to Kenta at WK. AEW won't want their world champion losing at WK., especially over the companies 4th ranked belt. I don't know when Mox is supposed to defend against Kenny, or when the next PPV is supposed, but I BET MY FUCKING LIFE SAVINGS that Mox will drop the belt in December. Get ready for a random episonde of Dynamite to have a world championship match I guess xD Fucking small timers

On 17/11/2020 at 00:15, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan @Devil-Dick Willie I haven't seen all of full gear but I have seen most of the matches on YouTube.  Gonna watch the tag team title match tomorrow on daily motion because it's not on YouTube. I have heard it was very good. 

I thought it was good overall. Was very impressed with omega v hangman page. I thought it was a very good match technically. Omega needs to he champion now.

One thing I have to credit to aew for is realising that the women's division needs work and getting in women from other promotions when necessary. 

Jon Moxley is set to lose in a mid card match at Wrestle Kingdom as AEW try to rebuild relations with NJPW. Kenny Omega will be headlining there new video games. A title change either in December or February makes sense.

21 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@Gunnersauraus Kenny will beat Mox. AEW will want to shake off the WWE rejects tag for one, and for two...

Mox will also lose to Kenta at WK. AEW won't want their world champion losing at WK., especially over the companies 4th ranked belt. I don't know when Mox is supposed to defend against Kenny, or when the next PPV is supposed, but I BET MY FUCKING LIFE SAVINGS that Mox will drop the belt in December. Get ready for a random episonde of Dynamite to have a world championship match I guess xD Fucking small timers

Did you post this after watching Raw? xD

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

Did you post this after watching Raw? xD

No, I don't even watch the raw highlights anymore. I am aware McIntyre beat up an old man to regain the title. Just so they can go face vs heel at SS. 

It pleases me that Mox is going to get the shit slapped and kicked out of him by Kenta though. Will be a nice match I think. 

• Subscriber
13 hours ago, Stan said:

Anyone else enjoying Undertaker week on BT Sport? 

Yep! Seen a lot the content but anything involving Undertaker is always a brilliant watch/re watch. He's top 5 without doubt, he's 3rd for me behind Rock and Austin. But in certain aspects of the industry,  he's on his own. Gonna miss that dong!

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Yep! Seen a lot the content but anything involving Undertaker is always a brilliant watch/re watch. He's top 5 without doubt, he's 3rd for me behind Rock and Austin. But in certain aspects of the industry,  he's on his own. Gonna miss that dong!

Agree with all of that!

I watched the 2 WM matches against Triple H last night. I remember being at uni watching them and they were just incredible. Going absolutely crazy at the build-up and then through the match as well. They're definitely my top 3 too.

I liked watching the Broken Skull Sessions that Stone Cold did. The Undertaker one is great but so is the Kane one. Get a really good insight in to some things you might have never been aware about like back stories, reactions during the match and what they get up to away from the ring. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Stan said:

Agree with all of that!

I watched the 2 WM matches against Triple H last night. I remember being at uni watching them and they were just incredible. Going absolutely crazy at the build-up and then through the match as well. They're definitely my top 3 too.

I liked watching the Broken Skull Sessions that Stone Cold did. The Undertaker one is great but so is the Kane one. Get a really good insight in to some things you might have never been aware about like back stories, reactions during the match and what they get up to away from the ring. 

Yeah the Broken Skull sessions are always a good watch, anything at all with Austin is. I love the story Taker tells about his early days in the industry, really quite interesting. The egg xD