talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

@The Palace Fan I've started watching nxt and nxt UK. That women's title match was the best womens match I have ever seen. I haven't watched wwe in years and when I did it was before  female wrestling was good.  So nxt is on bt sport one at 1 on Thursday morning isn't it? And nxt uk is on Friday at ten and repeated on paramount? 

On 19/11/2020 at 12:54, JOSHBRFC said:

Yeah the Broken Skull sessions are always a good watch, anything at all with Austin is. I love the story Taker tells about his early days in the industry, really quite interesting. The egg xD

I've avoided the Broken Skull sessions after the original series when he slated Ambrose at a time when he was Champion and spent half the Heyman episode talking about himself. Just reeked of a has been trying to remain relevant.

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I've avoided the Broken Skull sessions after the original series when he slated Ambrose at a time when he was Champion and spent half the Heyman episode talking about himself. Just reeked of a has been trying to remain relevant.

What?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I absolutely agree with this. Just a brown nose for the he quit multiple times. 

Never got huge into Austin even when he was hot tbh. He's like the USA redneck messiah, so I can see why US southerners like him, he was a symbol for deadbeat bogans who hated their boss, and he got the best segments, so has some good shit to his name. However, medium wrestler, and I'm not into the redneck jesus thing as much as everyone else seems to be. 

Never liked Ambrose that much either, but he was dead right about brock and dead right about everything he said on Jerichos podcast. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

What did he say? 

His match with Lesnar, he wanted to do certain spots, but Lesnar is lesnar. If he doesn't like you he won't put you over, win or loss. 
Lesnars best matches are with people he likes/wants to work with. Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Fin Balor, Daniel Bryan, Mysterio. Then look at the effort he puts in against Strowman, Reigns or KofixD

Ambrose wanted a hardcore match for the ages, he got "I'll call it in the ring" Then infinite suplexes. 

1 hour ago, UNORTHODOX said:

Moxley doing hardcore matches every show is getting really boring for me and it makes him look very 1 dimensional. He is actually a decent worker and doesn’t need all the extra props for his matches.

Not true he's mediocre as fuck tbh. His best match ever was against Ishii, and it was a match that was brawling/chairs. His best WWE singles match was a no DQ against McIntyre. They guy needs props. 

Predictions for tonight?

- Chief Roman to beat Drew McIntyre thanks to interference.
- Team Raw mens team will confidently beat Team Smackdown. Not sure if they click with AJ or after he gets eliminated. A big shout that Seth will either kayfabe no show or not get in the ring with Matt Riddle once.
- Sasha Banks to win. They can't gave her lose at the minute.
- Bobby Lashley to beat Sami Zayn. I'll be amazed if he doesn't win.
- Street Profits to beat New Day. They need this more.
- Team Raw Womens to beat Team Smackdown. Smackdown think they win as they've forgotten about Lana. She comes in and gets the win.
- Lars Sullivan to win the battle royal to make an impression.

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Predictions for tonight?

- Chief Roman to beat Drew McIntyre thanks to interference.
- Team Raw mens team will confidently beat Team Smackdown. Not sure if they click with AJ or after he gets eliminated. A big shout that Seth will either kayfabe no show or not get in the ring with Matt Riddle once.
- Sasha Banks to win. They can't gave her lose at the minute.
- Bobby Lashley to beat Sami Zayn. I'll be amazed if he doesn't win.
- Street Profits to beat New Day. They need this more.
- Team Raw Womens to beat Team Smackdown. Smackdown think they win as they've forgotten about Lana. She comes in and gets the win.
- Lars Sullivan to win the battle royal to make an impression.

I wonder in what capacity we will see Taker? 

My predictions are:

Roman

Sasha

Lashley

New Day

Mens Raw

Women's Smackdown

Big E battle royale.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I wonder in what capacity we will see Taker? 

Watched the tag team with he and Roman and McIntyre/Shane the other day. Wouldn't surprise me if he gets involved there... 

Or maybe in Battle Royale towards the end. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

20201123_095014.thumb.jpg.65d9389a49fb94c3229a60c03ed84970.jpg

Great photo of The Undertaker leaving last night.

I still hope to see a cinematic match with Sting at some point. Regardless of how nice to that tribute was. The hologram of Paul Bearer was a real nice touch.

I watched it, nice tribute. We will hear that dong again when fans are back.

Yeah, i really didn't understand the HHH - Sting match and HHH winning.... Hi and Bye Sting.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

I watched it, nice tribute. We will hear that dong again when fans are back.

Yeah, i really didn't understand the HHH - Sting match and HHH winning.... Hi and Bye Sting.

What is to understand? Fuck WCW, fuck Turner, and fuck WCW. You think McMahon wants an icon of WCW winning at Wrestlemania?

Is it just me that thinks the Undertaker segment shouldn't have main evented?

He's a legend but they need to present the current scene as being the most important thing. I guess it's not as bad as when they had Braun Strowman, the Universal Champion at the time, coming out and clapping his hands while chanting "Thank you Taker"...

On 23/11/2020 at 18:04, Spike said:

What is to understand? Fuck WCW, fuck Turner, and fuck WCW. You think McMahon wants an icon of WCW winning at Wrestlemania?

He seems to think its still 1998 when it comes to Goldberg. It really wouldn't surprise me if he sees Goldberg as the biggest threat to Roman.

3 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

He seems to think its still 1998 when it comes to Goldberg. It really wouldn't surprise me if he sees Goldberg as the biggest threat to Roman.

It is because he kciked Bret Hart in the head and played football

10 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Seriously though it is because Goldberg is one of the faces of the years WCW put WWF on the brink of annihilaiton. I think anyone that didn't jump ship before the acquisition or anyone that is largely considered to be associated with the WCW is a persona non grata. Look at Goldberg in 02/03, he was essentially a tool to raise HHH up higher, DDP was turned into a stalked, Booker T was made to look awful at WM19, Bagwell or whatever he called had one appearance, and some of the others whose contract was owned by Time-Warner instead of WCW refused to join WWF on a smaller pay so I imagine that infuriated McMahon even further, especially since they were people like Sting, and former WWF employees like Scott Hall and Kevin Nash.

It was a clusterfuck, the ego of it all ruined the Invasion angle; which properly cooked and prepared would have been m o n e y.

• Upvote 1

On 24/11/2020 at 13:11, 6666 said:

Is it just me that thinks the Undertaker segment shouldn't have main evented?

He's a legend but they need to present the current scene as being the most important thing. I guess it's not as bad as when they had Braun Strowman, the Universal Champion at the time, coming out and clapping his hands while chanting "Thank you Taker"...

They've missed so many opportunities over the years to appeal to a younger audience its rather embarrassing. Take having four members of The Bullet Club on the roster and just dancing around the idea for years, young people lap up that stuff.

At the minute on screen you've got Roman and Drew are pretty hot at the minute in the US and the UK (and could be hotter) but they rely on the old guard for Survivor Series. Then off screen you have them focusing on TV raitings as opposed to trying to impact platforms such as Twitch, Netflix and Amazon to appeal to a younger audience. 

I can't see the situation changing if you have Bruce Pritchard calling the shots. They need fresh ideas. Not someone who just says "he was the right guy at the time" fifty times on a podcast because he's incapable of looking beyond his nose.