talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

@The Palace Fan I'm a couple of weeks behind on dynamite.   Just watched the match with jungle boy and Dax Harewood. For me people like him and Darby Allen and the small guys in nxt are showing why wrestling needs to move away from the obsession with big guys and concentrate more on in ring ability. 

The thing is big guys do bring in more viewers. But I don't think these are older people  who really like wrestling. More kids probably.  I remember how much I use to like the big show when I was little. I expect Bronson Reed will probably go to one of the main shows soon but he isn't the best wrestler. Good for a big guy though 

6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

You need to get a mix. Kevin Nash was both right and wrong all those years ago when talking about Vanilla Midgets. I don’t care how acrobatic you are if you have the personality of a fish.

Precisely. 
Adam Cole is tiny, and a star.
Ricochet is significantly bigger than Cole, but he's a vanilla midget. 

• Like 1

On 17/02/2021 at 09:30, The Palace Fan said:

A bit of an exciting start to the year...

- AEW / Impact / NJPW links all but confirmed.

- WWE have signed 25 people to developmental contracts including Taya Valkriye and Eli Drake.

The amount of people WWE have on their books is insane. The NXT and NXT UK rosters are already bigger than Raw's and SmackDown's.

17 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Love the hurt business but hate the waste of Miz. Could have done a nice IC style run, solid matches, a feud with Johnny drip drip. Lost the title at mania. RIP. He'll never leave the company though. 

They made him WWE champion when no one viewed him as being good enough to even be considered a main eventer. Twice. He's the luckiest wrestler in WWE.

Speaking of IC titles, what do you make of New Japan getting rid of theirs in order to make their US title a bigger deal?

Edited by 6666

Just now, 6666 said:

They made him WWE champion when no one viewed him as being good enough to even be considered a main eventer. Twice. He's the luckiest wrestler in WWE.

Not at all. When Brock was off doing brock stuff with the universal championship the Miz carried raw, and the IC title, the only singles title on the show. Between 2016-2018 there was no better heel in the company. He had great promos, great matches, great title reigns great feuds and it all came tumbling down when they moved him back to smackdown with no immediate plan beyond "wrestle Dbry at some point "

The company made him the star of their movies, and gave him multiple TV shows. They clearly see his value outside the ring. 

11 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Not at all. When Brock was off doing brock stuff with the universal championship the Miz carried raw, and the IC title, the only singles title on the show. Between 2016-2018 there was no better heel in the company. He had great promos, great matches, great title reigns great feuds and it all came tumbling down when they moved him back to smackdown with no immediate plan beyond "wrestle Dbry at some point "

The company made him the star of their movies, and gave him multiple TV shows. They clearly see his value outside the ring. 

I wouldn't say he carried Raw. That said, I wish they gave him the title in 2018 for a short run though as a reward for his heel work.

I've never looked at him the same way since that god awful stuff with Shane McMahon. Really halted him.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I wouldn't say he carried Raw. That said, I wish they gave him the title in 2018 for a short run though as a reward for his heel work.

I've never looked at him the same way since that god awful stuff with Shane McMahon. Really halted him.

After that cage match loss... yeah that was a gross time. Never paid off for him either.