talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I've never really understood why they sack off people in bulk. 

"Budget Cuts" - This is literally the only industry that profits through being terrible. 

"Creative has nothing for you" - 9 hours of TV a week and about a third of it feels like repeats.

Just let people go when there contracts are up or they're unhappy. Gives the dirt sheets less boredom space to make up rubbish when there's no news.

Imagine Meltzer with actual nothing to say 

Just "ummmm, yeahhhh, right right soooooo, welllllllllll" Fuck me. 

On 12/04/2021 at 02:38, JoshBRFC said:

Thoughts on the main event Triple threat? Hearing it was a classic?

the finish made the winner look like a fucking alpha male boss, I really liked it. incredibly effective and I hate wrestling

On 15/04/2021 at 14:52, The Palace Fan said:

Samoa Joe, Billie Kay, Peyton Royce, Chelsea Green, Mickie James, Wesley Blake, Tucker, Bo Dallas and Kalisto have been released by WWE.

Fightful reporting that its due to budget cuts.

It's exactly a year to the day they did their cuts last year to make the quarterly financial statements look pretty.

Iiconics surprised me but Samoa Joe seems more shocking than all of them put together. I can only presume a lot of these people were unhappy and wanted out.

aww my bogan girls are gone

i will always have this

2 minutes ago, Spike said:

the finish made the winner look like a fucking alpha male boss, I really liked it. incredibly effective and I hate wrestling

Ummm, there was a problem with the finish actually. Reigns drags bryan onto edge (or vice verca who cares) and pins both.... Daniel Bryan is the new Smackdown champion, because he pinned edge first. 

He should have laid them next to each other, that way neither unconscious dude is pinning the other, and he can actually pin both because all 4 shoulders are on the matt. 

Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Ummm, there was a problem with the finish actually. Reigns drags bryan onto edge (or vice verca who cares) and pins both.... Daniel Bryan is the new Smackdown champion, because he pinned edge first. 

He should have laid them next to each other, that way neither unconscious dude is pinning the other, and he can actually pin both because all 4 shoulders are on the matt. 

don't be a cunt

3 minutes ago, Spike said:

don't be a cunt

The rules of wrestling are really fucking simple, they're made that way so you can fuck with an UNIMAGINABLE amount of BS, while maintaining a consistent format. 

Shoulders pinned for a 3 count, you lose
No closed fists, weapons, low blows, face stuff. You can be DQed for non compliance. 
Ropes are Switzerland. You have a 5 count to comply. 
You have a 10 count to re enter the ring. (20 in japan)
Tags are hand to hand, to someone touching your tag rope in your corner. 

Yet WWE and AEW fuck it up time after time. 
When Reigns drags Bryan onto edge Bryan starts a pin. You don't need to be conscious. 

I genuinely thought they were running an angle on it when I saw it live. Was disappointed that it was just the usual dumb shit. Though it would have been a dumb finish too.  

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The rules of wrestling are really fucking simple, they're made that way so you can fuck with an UNIMAGINABLE amount of BS, while maintaining a consistent format. 

Shoulders pinned for a 3 count, you lose
No closed fists, weapons, low blows, face stuff. You can be DQed for non compliance. 
Ropes are Switzerland. You have a 5 count to comply. 
You have a 10 count to re enter the ring. (20 in japan)
Tags are hand to hand, to someone touching your tag rope in your corner. 

Yet WWE and AEW fuck it up time after time. 
When Reigns drags Bryan onto edge Bryan starts a pin. You don't need to be conscious. 

I genuinely thought they were running an angle on it when I saw it live. Was disappointed that it was just the usual dumb shit. Though it would have been a dumb finish too.  

jesus chirst son have you not watched wrasslin before in your life? since when do the rules ever matter

1 minute ago, Spike said:

jesus chirst son have you not watched wrasslin before in your life? since when do the rules ever matter

You're absolutely right, I'm just not happy about it. 

For the record, in Japan. They're loose with the DQ rules in title matches, as the keyfabe there is that the ref won't DQ in a title match unless it creates a huge disparity. However, they're very consistent with what flies and what does not. 

@The Palace Fan  I'm a few weeks behind on aew. The arcade anarchy match sounded so stupid but it was absolutely brilliant. One of the best aew matches I have seen. I was expecting it to end with miro turning on kip sabian and that to be the story. But the two comebacks were the story and it was brilliant. 

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan  I'm a few weeks behind on aew. The arcade anarchy match sounded so stupid but it was absolutely brilliant. One of the best aew matches I have seen. I was expecting it to end with miro turning on kip sabian and that to be the story. But the two comebacks were the story and it was brilliant. 

I want Miro to move on from all this Kip Sabian stuff to be honest. People slagged off the way he was used in WWE but at the moment he looks like he doesn't know what got him over in the WWE. 

59 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I want Miro to move on from all this Kip Sabian stuff to be honest. People slagged off the way he was used in WWE but at the moment he looks like he doesn't know what got him over in the WWE. 

To be fair there are a few power house wrestlers in aew. That might be part of the issue. I want to just see him destroy people as well. I think aew will work it out though. He is the lead wrestler in the group though where as he use to be the sidekick so he is getting bigger. They could potentially put him with Brian cage and they could be a power house tag team that destroys everybody that is one way  but I'm not to sure myself to be honest. 

23 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

To be fair there are a few power house wrestlers in aew. That might be part of the issue. I want to just see him destroy people as well. I think aew will work it out though. He is the lead wrestler in the group though where as he use to be the sidekick so he is getting bigger. They could potentially put him with Brian cage and they could be a power house tag team that destroys everybody that is one way  but I'm not to sure myself to be honest. 

Yeah, I read somewhere that AEW have had around 250 people wrestle in the company this year. That's absurbd. 

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Raw specifically is unwatchable.

The last episode was re-written prior to going to air, which isn't often a surprise but Vince decided to throw out Strowman vs Orton despite advertising it up until the moment the show was due to go live. It's no wonder it's a shower of shite. 

Keeping up with the Wrestling World on Twitter every Friday is one of my favourite habits..

- Kyle O'Reilly now looks like every other wannabe in LA.

- WWE sent Mickie James her stuff in a black sack. They have fired the person responsible. Twitter world is still madly triggered.

- Daniel Bryan felt so detached before his match at Wrestle Mania he thought he was going to die.

- Chelsea Green waited four weeks outside Vince McMahon's office for the chance to speak to him about her character. Even took a sleeping bag with her. 

- Charlotte Flair has told Dave Meltzer to go to hell after he suggested WWE changed her appearance as she's body conscious.

• 2 weeks later...

Done my weekly search of whats gone on in the Wrestling World this week. Been bit underwhelming compared to usual.

- NXT referee Drake Wuertz has been promoting a “child sex traffickers support COVID masks” theory. He's been arguing that a mask mandate “puts venerable children at risk for being preyed upon by traffickers,”.

- Chelsea Green posted 'artwork' (an image of her photoshopped) on Twitter without crediting the fan who did it. Twitter is very mad about this.

- Disgraced sex pest Joey Ryan has hit out at AEW for working a show with Alberto Del Rio who is awaiting trial for sexual assault and kidnap!

8 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

- Chelsea Green posted 'artwork' (an image of her photoshopped) on Twitter without crediting the fan who did it. Twitter is very mad about this.

This is the most twitter of wrestling twitter news.

• Haha 1

On 02/05/2021 at 20:13, The Palace Fan said:

Done my weekly search of whats gone on in the Wrestling World this week. Been bit underwhelming compared to usual.

- NXT referee Drake Wuertz has been promoting a “child sex traffickers support COVID masks” theory. He's been arguing that a mask mandate “puts venerable children at risk for being preyed upon by traffickers,”.

- Disgraced sex pest Joey Ryan has hit out at AEW for working a show with Alberto Del Rio who is awaiting trial for sexual assault and kidnap!

To be fair to Joey, he disproved a lot of the allegations against himself, particularly the most prominent ones and the reason he's not been formally charged with anything is because "Yeah it seemed like a good idea at the time but I've changed my mind now" only holds up on twitter, not in court. 

I'm sure the guy is a sleazy fucker, but you don't exactly message a dude for months on end about getting a repeat performance if you were 'assaulted' the first time round do you? 
Should he ever be in the public light again? No. 
Is it fair to label a guy who's not even been charged as a sex pest? nah. 

6 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

To be fair to Joey, he disproved a lot of the allegations against himself, particularly the most prominent ones and the reason he's not been formally charged with anything is because "Yeah it seemed like a good idea at the time but I've changed my mind now" only holds up on twitter, not in court. 

I'm sure the guy is a sleazy fucker, but you don't exactly message a dude for months on end about getting a repeat performance if you were 'assaulted' the first time round do you? 

I don't know who you are talking about nor do I know any details but given humanity's track record he is a cunt.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

I don't know who you are talking about nor do I know any details but given humanity's track record he is a cunt.

Several women spoke out about him being a sexual deviant during the "speaking out" phase last summer. His employers released him, all companies have washed their hands of him and the last I heard he's filing lawsuits against those women who spoke out against him. 

7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Really? Of kidnap, murder and trafficking theory stuff you pick up on the description of Joey Ryan? xD