talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

So was it already announced that cm punk was joining aew? The amazing thing was you could tell he was so happy to be there. I'm sure hes on an very good wage but you could tell he was so happy to be there 

6 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

So was it already announced that cm punk was joining aew? The amazing thing was you could tell he was so happy to be there. I'm sure hes on an very good wage but you could tell he was so happy to be there 

It was heavily hinted at. They didn't out right confirm it but people were expecting it to happen yesterday.

As for the return, it was a great ovation but I'm hoping that going forward we don't get such a fan pandering version of Punk. No one wants that. Doesn't need to be a heel but doesn't need to be sucking up either.

• Subscriber

Finally tuned into an episode of AEW the other day and saw my favourite wrestler since the attitude era and the best pop I’ve seen since The Rock returned in 2011.

Tune into WWE tonight as I’m about to get into bed and I see this…

9073E59E-F574-4F84-A8BE-97C7A3AB7C0E.jpeg

Can someone explain why they got rid of the greatest mind the company has seen in years and let her carry on his idea??

Edited by JoshBRFC
  • Haha 1

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Batard said:

WWE pretty much had to bring back the big guns after CM Punk on AEW

Aye. Surprised Lynch won so easily, But has there ever been a more over woman? 

Brock needs to keep that look, looks scarier than ever 😂.

Great to have Lesnar back. Understands wrestling more so than most wrestlers just want to have fun with friends.

As for Becky Lynch, she's always been booked poorly. Even when her push started, the booking didn't make sense but she got cheered so it didn't matter. And her title reign was horrible. Good to have her back though as things were getting stale in the women's division. Don't know why Belair had to be squashed though. Twice as talented as Lynch.

@The Palace Fan I just hope aew do it right. Keep cm punk as a face. There is no need for him to be heel we wanna cheer him. Aew already have some great heels. Generally aew have got it right though I think. Kenny omega needed to turn heel. I would love for him to turn face again but a more charismatic version than we saw before. The young bucks needed to turn heel and it was also the right time to turn the inner circle face so they have got it right so far I think. 

I really cant wait for aew to come to england 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan I just hope aew do it right. Keep cm punk as a face. There is no need for him to be heel we wanna cheer him. Aew already have some great heels. Generally aew have got it right though I think. Kenny omega needed to turn heel. I would love for him to turn face again but a more charismatic version than we saw before. The young bucks needed to turn heel and it was also the right time to turn the inner circle face so they have got it right so far I think. 

I really cant wait for aew to come to england 

I imagine he will do a year as a face and then win the world title whilst he's a heel thereafter. 

MJF needs something to do after All Out and his promos with Punk could be gold.

17 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I imagine he will do a year as a face and then win the world title whilst he's a heel thereafter. 

MJF needs something to do after All Out and his promos with Punk could be gold.

Why do you think he will turn heel in a year?

What do you mean "Even me"? xD

I don't hate AEW by nature, I just don't see them as the savior of wrestling. The company to save us from WWE that lives off the back of WWEs cast aways. 

Remember how AEW was gonna make Spears and Rusev the stars they deserved to be? 
Didn't happen because Spears is a competent jobber and Ru Ru was only as good as Aiden English made him. 

AEW is better run than WWE, but that's like saying your honda civic is faster than a go kart

And yes I thought it was a well handled return

• Upvote 1

AEW Rampage was as perfect of a return I think we will ever see. The timing was brilliant, the crowd was brilliant, he gave us just enough to get the whole world talking, and now I can't wait to see him again. With Daniel Bryan, Bray Wyatt and Adam Cole to come I think AEW will make a push to beat Raws live viewers by the end of the year which seemed unthinkable a couple of months ago.

WWE Summerslam was very meh. When Stephanie McMahon over promised with several must see surprises she forgot there's only three people they could bring back (Becky, Brock, Rock) which hardly makes it surprising. They made Becky look like an absolute corporate mess too which goes against everything that got her over in the first place.

NXT Takeover was very good. Its very rare I watch a PPV with three matches I really want to see in WWE at the moment. The only winners of this NXT rebrand are going to be ROH, Impact, UK scene etc who got decimated by NXTs recruitment policy. So whilst NXT will be trash at least the rest of the wrestling landscape will be better off.