talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

It's got me thinking @Devil-Dick Willie what times have you guys actually been worked hard?

For me, all when I was a kid

Eric Bischoff's smug fucking smile
JBL's entire WWE title reign, especially the really fucking racist stuff about Eddie Guerrero
Chris Jericho getting fired after losing to Super Cena (I was already sick of Cena despite freaking out when he won WWE title from JBL)
Cena constantly beating Kurt Angle after getting Chris Jericho fired
How bad the December to Dismember PPV was, I think that was one of the last one I bought. Now that I think about it, the last was the one on the day Chris Benoit killed himself and his family and no-showed for a match, I was really confused and when I heard the news, I literally just dropped WWE like a bad habit, couldn't take this shit anymore, sick of seeing the Eddie Guerrero name dropping, Rey Mysterio and John Cena winning all the time, and Chris Jericho and Kurt Angle gone, and Benoit a murder. Literally all four of my favourite were either gone from WWE or dead. I guess I really only religiously watched from 2004 to 2007.

Though I had stopped watching for many years, I was channel surfing and somehow had the luck of comign across CM Punk's pipebomb and I thought he really was having an unscripted rant on the tele.

9 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Cody getting booed again. And this time it wasnt against a very good opponent it just seems the crowd have turned on him. Heel turn time @The Palace Fan ?

It will happen sooner rather than later. 

After watching Rhodes To The Top I'm now not sure whether this has been good story telling over a long period where he has everyone on strings or whether him and his wife are just really tone deaf. Creating a "look at what I've done" TV series where you come across as complete pillocks seems a bit excessive.

15 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

It will happen sooner rather than later. 

After watching Rhodes To The Top I'm now not sure whether this has been good story telling over a long period where he has everyone on strings or whether him and his wife are just really tone deaf. Creating a "look at what I've done" TV series where you come across as complete pillocks seems a bit excessive.

Apparently he really doesn't want to turn heel in aew. I'm not really sure whether cody is completely delusioned or it is an act. The crowd are booing. Its clear he was very popular now hes not. At least if he is a heel he can say they are supposed to boo him 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Apparently he really doesn't want to turn heel in aew. I'm not really sure whether cody is completely delusioned or it is an act. The crowd are booing. Its clear he was very popular now hes not. At least if he is a heel he can say they are supposed to boo him 

The have the Wrestling media on strings at the minute so I wouldn't take anything they say in public seriously.

• Upvote 1

@The Palace Fan interesting that aew have introduced a secondary womens championship. I think it is probably done because of aew moving to tbs more than anything though. I think aew probably just has about enough womens talent to make it work. They have improved their womens division massively over two years to be fair. I think either jade cargill or serena deeb will win it. I was originally thinking cargill but I think serena deebs heel turn maybe to build her up for a championship run. I think thunder rosa and ruby soho are womens championship level and so wont be tbs champions. Personally I would like to see a lightweight championship and a womens tag team championship in the future but then leave it at that. There has been talk of a trios championship but I dont want to see that personally 

Edited by Guest

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan interesting that aew have introduced a secondary womens championship. I think it is probably done because of aew moving to tbs more than anything though. I think aew probably just has about enough womens talent to make it work. They have improved their womens division massively over two years to be fair. I think either jade cargill or serena deeb will win it. I was originally thinking cargill but I think serena deebs heel turn maybe to build her up for a championship run. I think thunder rosa and ruby soho are womens championship level and so wont be tbs champions. Personally I would like to see a lightweight championship and a womens tag team championship in the future but then leave it at that. There has been talk of a trios championship but I dont want to see that personally 

I'm not interested in it at all to be honest. Most of the women they have are terrible.

12 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm not interested in it at all to be honest. Most of the women they have are terrible.

I'm not sure I personally agree with that. It's no where near what I saw of nxt but they can still have some decent matches. There have been some issues where some of the women have made some visible mistakes that wouldn't get noticed live but would on tv. Sky blue made a fake looking cover on dark which probably wouldn't have got noticed live. But that is an experience thing. That's what dark is for. There have been some clear botches but even really experienced wrestlers make them. I saw Dustin go to do an upward punch when the other wrestler wasnt in the right position so it happens.

To be honest though before aew the last time I watched wrestling was about 2008-2009 after stopping watching it in 2003 so back then the womens division wasn't strong at all so I'm comparing it to that. 

Anyway I'm really not sure who the next aew champion will be now. Personally I really like bryan danielson and hangman page. I would prefer page though as he has been with aew since the beginning and since he had what was arguably aew's best match with omega and the young bucks I think he deserves it

Edited by Guest

58 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

To be fair he's right about Raw.

Yeah but you wouldn't see Vince McMahon come out and say AEW's women's division sucks or that Rampage is a pointless show.

Needs to just focus on AEW.

• Upvote 1

@The Palace Fan @Gunnersauraus

So I watched the steel cage bucks vs bros match. I hated it. I like the Lucha Bros and think the bucks have good days and bad. But fuck me that was ghastly. They just stuffed the match with 'stuff' nothing had time to have impact, or time to breathe. Was just a low budget indy fan match. 

Also watched Omega vs Bryan. Was good, great in patches, but also was a bit too frantic and stuffed, with little selling. 

44 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

So I watched the steel cage bucks vs bros match. I hated it. I like the Lucha Bros and think the bucks have good days and bad. But fuck me that was ghastly. They just stuffed the match with 'stuff' nothing had time to have impact, or time to breathe. Was just a low budget indy fan match. 

Welcome to The Young Bucks.

4 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Also watched Omega vs Bryan. Was good, great in patches, but also was a bit too frantic and stuffed, with little selling. 

Yeah I wasn't particularly a fan. 

All of Lucha Bros matches just turn in to a tornado tag after five minutes. I don't know why Tony Khan continues to ignore it. Just call it a Lucha Rules match or something. 

Reports are that ROH will release all talent from their contracts at the end of the year.

Without them, there wouldn't have been the All In PPV meaning that AEW probably wouldn't have existed. At the time it made sense to play a big part in a special "one off" PPV but in hindsight, things have gone downhill for them ever since. 

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, 6666 said:

Reports are that ROH will release all talent from their contracts at the end of the year.

Without them, there wouldn't have been the All In PPV meaning that AEW probably wouldn't have existed. At the time it made sense to play a big part in a special "one off" PPV but in hindsight, things have gone downhill for them ever since. 

Yeah, even if it was just: "The Elite and Ring of Honor Present..." at the title so there production work got recognised. They got absolutely shafted when those guys left just before the big event in the garden.

It's quite worrying that ROH are in this state and it makes you wonder how well Impact, MLW and NWA are fareing. 

I imagine Tony Khan is salivating at the mouth over who is available but his roster is huge already even though they're running four shows a week.