talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

20 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

No way. Matt can barely move. Jeffs body is ruined. 

Not surprised all the bumps they have taken over the years. Still be good to have them together again 

10 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan do you think the hardy boys would be good enough to have a title run in aew or maybe leave it to other tag teams?  No doubt if jeff hardy does come to aew they will be reunited. They dont really have anything to prove though do they. Not sure if a title run would be a good idea or not 

It depends if Jeff Hardy is well to be honest.

If he is then I don't see any harm in a farewell type tour where they wrestle all the tag teams in AEW. People will need to dampen expectations as there bodies aren't what they used to be.

19 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

It depends if Jeff Hardy is well to be honest.

If he is then I don't see any harm in a farewell type tour where they wrestle all the tag teams in AEW. People will need to dampen expectations as there bodies aren't what they used to be.

Yeah I didnt quite really how bad he was. I know he has has drug problems before. Is part of it pain killers? I know kurt angle got addicted to painkillers 

@The Palace Fan I think the dante martin and mjf match is interesting. I actually rate dante really highly and he is getting a bit of a push. If he were to beat mjf with interference from cm punk and then mjf goes on to beat cm punk it wouldn't really derail mjf's push. Him losing both  matches would though. However hangman probably wont loose the title for a long time so it probably wouldn't matter long term.  The diamond ring has been used to push wrestlers into the upper mid so mjf doesnt really need to win it i don't think, dante does.  Hard one to call. 

2 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan I think the dante martin and mjf match is interesting. I actually rate dante really highly and he is getting a bit of a push. If he were to beat mjf with interference from cm punk and then mjf goes on to beat cm punk it wouldn't really derail mjf's push. Him losing both  matches would though. However hangman probably wont loose the title for a long time so it probably wouldn't matter long term.  The diamond ring has been used to push wrestlers into the upper mid so mjf doesnt really need to win it i don't think, dante does.  Hard one to call. 

I think Dante Martin's ceiling is higher than Jungle Boy, Guevara and Darby Allin's at the minute. Regardless of the four pillar thing theyre pushing. He's been the surprise of 2021.

@The Palace Fan I think darby allin is better in my opinion. Although the first time I saw dante Martin with his old tag team partner I thought he was incredible for his age. I do wonder if jungle boy has to change his gimmick abit to be in championship contention. @Devil-Dick Willie what do you think? Maybe become jack Perry and loose the dinosaur gimmick?  It's great fun but I'm not sure if he will win championships with it? 

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan I think darby allin is better in my opinion. Although the first time I saw dante Martin with his old tag team partner I thought he was incredible for his age. I do wonder if jungle boy has to change his gimmick abit to be in championship contention. @Devil-Dick Willie what do you think? Maybe become jack Perry and loose the dinosaur gimmick?  It's great fun but I'm not sure if he will win championships with it? 

I think they should win the tag titles first. Have a run, split them up, then maybe a gimmick change. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think they should win the tag titles first. Have a run, split them up, then maybe a gimmick change. 

I don't know I just can't picture Jurassic express as champions. Seems a bit to child like. I like them mind I  really do but not sure 

22 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I don't know I just can't picture Jurassic express as champions. Seems a bit to child like. I like them mind I  really do but not sure 

The current AEW champion dressed up as the Marshmallow Man against the former AEW champion that was dressed as a Ghostbuster. That was a main event angle.

18 hours ago, 6666 said:

The current AEW champion dressed up as the Marshmallow Man against the former AEW champion that was dressed as a Ghostbuster. That was a main event angle.

Fair enough but that was only one episode. It's not the same as having a child like gimmick as champion 

Braun strowman is in ring of honour. Anyone surprised he didn't come to aew? 

He appeared but ROH isn't going to do anything until April. He showed up as a surprise to make the final show (for now) more interesting.

5 minutes ago, 6666 said:

He appeared but ROH isn't going to do anything until April. He showed up as a surprise to make the final show (for now) more interesting.

Ow right. I knew they were taking a hiatus but wasnt sure if they had already taken it.  I dont really understand why Roh isnt on Britain's TV. Its bigger than impact now apparently 

Braun strowman is in ring of honour. Anyone surprised he didn't come to aew? 

Given the way Braun appeared at Final Battle I took it as a 'wherever EC3 goes you'll find me'. 

Impact will hopefully move quickly to get that faction but I imagine Tony will like more toys.

1 minute ago, The Palace Fan said:

Bit of a stretch mate to compare that to Jurassic Express mate. They were just having fun at Halloween.

It was stupid and one of the main reasons I can't take the wrestlers in The Elite seriously. Weren't they dressed up for the release of Space Jam as well? It's normal for them to act clownish.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Given the way Braun appeared at Final Battle I took it as a 'wherever EC3 goes you'll find me'. 

Impact will hopefully move quickly to get that faction but I imagine Tony will like more toys.

I dont know anything about ROH I just saw a clip on you tube. I dont think he is really needed in aew personally. They have enough wrestlers to produce decent stories for a couple if years I think. Maybe from what I have heard about their history Kevin Owens would be a good addition but dont feel any more than that is needed 

It was stupid and one of the main reasons I can't take the wrestlers in The Elite seriously. Weren't they dressed up for the release of Space Jam as well? It's normal for them to act clownish.

Do you take wwe seriously? I'm pretty sure they do silly gimmicks all the time? I'm not trying to turn it into wwe v aew if you think both are silly it's fine but I dont think you can say one thing about one and not the other 

Yeah for an opening match against Dark Order. I agree the goofyness is OTT with The Bucks at the minute and that's not going to stop any time soon given they're starting a feud with The Best Friends. 

I imagine when Kyle O'Reilly arrives Bobby Fish will tell Adam Cole hes tired of the goofyness and go and reform ReDragon. I think Adam Cole is stuck there for a while though with Mount Rushmore and a potential feud with Kenny Omega given Omega was showing signs of being more serious again before his hiatus.

On 14/12/2021 at 17:15, Gunnersauraus said:

I dont know anything about ROH I just saw a clip on you tube. I dont think he is really needed in aew personally. They have enough wrestlers to produce decent stories for a couple if years I think. Maybe from what I have heard about their history Kevin Owens would be a good addition but dont feel any more than that is needed 

Ring Of Honor from 2013 until 2018 was awesome. The best live event I've been to was a Ring Of Honor show.

@The Palace Fan I dont mind moderate amounts of goofiness. Even champions doing goofy things is ok I think. But I dont think a whole gimmick should be goofy. I like Jurassic express. But I think their whole gimmick is to silly for them to be champions for me. It's bad for the brand I think. I do think jungle boy could be a champion if he just becomes Jack Perry though. I actually think lachasarus is very good but dont think someone who claims to be a dinosaur can be champion in now days. Maybe in the past but not now.