talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

1 minute ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Stop. 

Lol. Why? Its  nostalgic. As long as it's only on rampage it's not taking away any chances for young talent 

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I wanted AJ Styles to sign for AEW just so we get to see AJ / Omega but AJ knows Vince likes him and this is his final big contract so cannot begrudge his decision.

Road Dogg and William Regal will hopefully get roles backstage because that's where AEW need them.

Has aj been under used by wwe though? I mean surely a wrestler  like him should be headlining wrestlemanias on multiple occasions? 

Backstage rolls would be good I agree but a bit of nostalgia would be nice to see for me. 

Edited by Guest

33 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Has aj been under used by wwe though? I mean surely a wrestler  like him should be headlining wrestlemanias on multiple occasions? 

Backstage rolls would be good I agree but a bit of nostalgia would be nice to see for me. 

Ironically AJs big Mania match was a fucking boring dud. 

On 08/01/2022 at 00:22, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Living in the past has killed WWE. And that was with legends of their time (Goldberg, Undertaker ect)

A  bit of nostalgia is fine I think as long as it's not main event ppv level. Aew seem to know when to use nostalgia and when not to I'd be confident in them doing it right

On 08/01/2022 at 00:22, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Ironically AJs big Mania match was a fucking boring dud. 

From what I heard it wasnt his fault was it though. They were told not to upstage reigns and lesner weren't they? 

7 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

@Devil-Dick WillieIs Wrestle Kingdom worth a watch?

Battle of Belts was pretty meh compared to Hard to Kill.

Worst Wrestle kingdom I've ever seen. A mix of the new owners booking, which has been meh, and the crowds not allowed to speak.

Night 1
ZSJ & Taichi vs Goto & Yoshi Hashi
Shibata vs ??? In a catch wrestling match ( I won't spoil why)
Desperado vs Hiromu 
Shingo vs Okada 

Night 2 
Naito vs Cobb
Kenta vs Tana 
Okada vs Ospreay 

These are the matches worth watching. There are a few other matches that aren't bad, but fuck me, even last years WK was significantly better. 

@The Palace Fan so cm cena went through 7 powere bombs and another through a table and still won 😂

Anyway the aew womens division has always been criticised but britt baker v thunder rosa won the PWI match of the year. Obviously these things are quite subjective but still good news for the womens division. Aew actually won almost all the awards 

21 hours ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan so cm cena went through 7 powere bombs and another through a table and still won 😂

Anyway the aew womens division has always been criticised but britt baker v thunder rosa won the PWI match of the year. Obviously these things are quite subjective but still good news for the womens division. Aew actually won almost all the awards 

I don't have a problem with CM Punk winning to be honest. 

AEW needs to stop trying to impress Meltzer, PWI and all these marks and put on better weekly shows. They havent capitalised on the buzz they had in the summer.

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I don't have a problem with CM Punk winning to be honest. 

AEW needs to stop trying to impress Meltzer, PWI and all these marks and put on better weekly shows. They havent capitalised on the buzz they had in the summer.

Bryan is money. And he's money because he's doing things the traditional way. No goofiness. Just a good wrestler, cutting good promos, with a good story to tell. Then backing it all up in ring. 

I'd tune out if Cutler and the Bucks were on my tv too. 

• Upvote 1

On 17/01/2022 at 10:40, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Bryan is money. And he's money because he's doing things the traditional way. No goofiness. Just a good wrestler, cutting good promos, with a good story to tell. Then backing it all up in ring. 

I'd tune out if Cutler and the Bucks were on my tv too. 

Bryan Danielson has delivered great match after great match so far. I'm concerned that nobody else may be able to get to that level unless they're in the ring with him. I guess we would know it the format wasn't good wrestler vs jobber most of the time.

Walter is now Gunther. 🤦‍♂️

I know they want to own the rights to everyone's name and they probably can't with Walter as he had that before WWE and it's his real name but come on... He's an amazing big man, arguably the best in the world but Gunther isn't a name to take seriously.

• Haha 1

On 20/01/2022 at 23:49, 6666 said:

Walter is now Gunther. 🤦‍♂️

I know they want to own the rights to everyone's name and they probably can't with Walter as he had that before WWE and it's his real name but come on... He's an amazing big man, arguably the best in the world but Gunther isn't a name to take seriously.

They initially tried to trademark Gunther Stark which is just jaw dropping.

@The Palace Fan @6666 I watched a bit of smackdown last night. I really dont get why reigns is pushed so hard. I watched wwe a bit when cena was there and I got why he was pushed. Not everyone liked him but I got it. With reigns I dont. If he's a few inches smaller and adam cole is a few inches taller for me adam cole is the main star. I think @Devil-Dick Willie said that wrestling iant about wrestling  but I really dont get it. Same with lesner hes never there hes said he doesn't even like wrestling. 

35 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan @6666 I watched a bit of smackdown last night. I really dont get why reigns is pushed so hard. I watched wwe a bit when cena was there and I got why he was pushed. Not everyone liked him but I got it. With reigns I dont. If he's a few inches smaller and adam cole is a few inches taller for me adam cole is the main star. I think @Devil-Dick Willie said that wrestling iant about wrestling  but I really dont get it. Same with lesner hes never there hes said he doesn't even like wrestling. 

Reigns looks like a serious star and carries himself as a serious star. Same with Lesnar. Wrestlers that actually look like they can fuck you up have a more immediate mainstream appeal.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Reigns looks like a serious star and carries himself as a serious star. Same with Lesnar. Wrestlers that actually look like they can fuck you up have a more immediate mainstream appeal.

I actually explained what I meant really badly. I get it but I think it's a bit daft. I mean apparently reigns isnt great at wrestling or good on the mike but is the main man in wwe because of the look. At least lesner was a good wrestler years ago. Dont know what he is like now. Saying that I use to like the big show when I was young 😂 

Personally I'd rather watch smaller guys who can wrestle better