talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

26 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

Lio Rush leaving AEW already.

Strange decision. He would have worked well with dante martin. I get if they wanna push martin as a singles competitor but he has joined with Jay lethal so that doesn't seem to be the case. I thought he could of been good in aew.

I know there's no prediction league but it's the Royal Rumble and the other big matches are decent as well.

Edge & Phoenix v. Miz & Maryse

Becky v. Doudrop (SD Women's)

Reigns v. Rollins (Universal)

Lesnar v. Lashley (WWE)

Women's Rumble Winner: Rousey

Men's Rumble Winner: Lesnar

37 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Lesner and rousey winning the rumbles is a kick in the teeth to all the other wrestlers 

It really doesn't matter how many matches the wrestlers have wrestled. If you're not a big deal, you can't complain about big names being ahead of you. That's how it works.

There's not really any regulars in a position to do a lot with a Rumble win either in my opinion. Big E is one of the favourites and I can see him winning but I don't buy into him as a main eventer. McIntyre is another name but he's pretty bland. After that, it'd be a big surprise if anyone else wins. Maybe AJ Styles. The women's one is more open (if Rousey doesn't return). Can see it being Sasha Banks, Bianca Belair, Charlotte, Naomi, or Liv Morgan.

21 minutes ago, 6666 said:

It really doesn't matter how many matches the wrestlers have wrestled. If you're not a big deal, you can't complain about big names being ahead of you. That's how it works.

There's not really any regulars in a position to do a lot with a Rumble win either in my opinion. Big E is one of the favourites and I can see him winning but I don't buy into him as a main eventer. McIntyre is another name but he's pretty bland. After that, it'd be a big surprise if anyone else wins. Maybe AJ Styles. The women's one is more open (if Rousey doesn't return). Can see it being Sasha Banks, Bianca Belair, Charlotte, Naomi, or Liv Morgan.

I don't believe wwe haven't got the talent. I watched nxt for a bit and they have talent. They just dont how to book them well. 

I enjoyed it, It is the first WWE show I’ve seen in a while so maybe thats why. Highlights for me were Ronda’s return but her performance in the match was quite tame. Heyman leaving with Reigns again, Brock didn’t really need to win the rumble to get a shot at Reigns. 

Sorry about spoilers i don’t  know how to hide posts.

I expect the wwe women are really pissed of. It's like what @6666 said wwe appeals to the mainstream. However I would imagine wwe has arguably the best womens division ever. To get someone in who isnt really a wrestler after she insulted all the fans and win the rumble must be so demoralising for them 

An okay Rumble match but not up to the same level as 2020 (the last regular Royal Rumble). There weren't too many surprises either but Bad Bunny might've been the most over entrant.

And Paul Heyman is out here thinking he's in some sort of polyamorous relationship.

15 hours ago, Batard said:

One botch that wasn't picked up was McCool was eliminated early by mistake. That said, the amount of eliminations that were not shown live is fucking poor. 

The camera work was weird. For some reason they stayed on the ring for an extra second or two when the countdown hit zero every time rather than going straight to showing the entrance.

On 29/01/2022 at 13:53, 6666 said:

I know there's no prediction league but it's the Royal Rumble and the other big matches are decent as well.

Edge & Phoenix v. Miz & Maryse

Becky v. Doudrop (SD Women's)

Reigns v. Rollins (Universal)

Lesnar v. Lashley (WWE)

Women's Rumble Winner: Rousey

Men's Rumble Winner: Lesnar

Reigns lost by DQ but he basically won as he was the one to make it happen. I'm claiming a clean sweep.

1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan @Devil-Dick Willie @6666 any of you remember right to censor? @Batardyou might remember them. They use to get the loudest boos I have ever heard. They were pure heels. Did feel like it's a bit odd to use that gimmick though for ivory as I'm not sure how many people would have heard of them 

Funny thing is that everything they wanted to happen, did. Less sexualisation of women, less extreme violence, less profanity.

They won.

Edited by 6666

59 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan @Devil-Dick Willie @6666 any of you remember right to censor? @Batardyou might remember them. They use to get the loudest boos I have ever heard. They were pure heels. Did feel like it's a bit odd to use that gimmick though for ivory as I'm not sure how many people would have heard of them 

Right to Censor was a creative pisstake towards the Parents Television Council who were trying to get WWF to change significantly in The Attitude Era. Once they went away there was no need for the Right To Censor anymore.

Having Ivory show up was funny to us old fans but when you have a fat Melina, Summer Rae looking 60 years old, brittle Alicia Fox and Kelly Kelly looking like a completely different person anybody under the age of 20 whose not a complete mark is going to be confused as to who all these old people are and why there is so many of them in this Royal Rumble.

Some interesting news since the Royal Rumble...

Shane McMahon has been 'quietly let go' allegedly due to his behaviour at the Royal Rumble. The rumours are he argued with Road Agents about putting himself over and upset quite a lot of people with his attitude. 

Brian Kendrick requested his release, he got it and then signed for AEW. Twitter Cancel Culture then woke up and dug up some pretty outrageous comments he made on 2011 regarding the holocaust, Haiti earthquake and some other mental stuff. Tony Khan then subsequently removed him.

I don't really care about not seeing Shane McMahon again. He had his time with the Invasion Angle. Everything he's done since has been pretty poo. Him and Bad Bunny going over KO and Sheamus was absolutely cringeworthy.

The Brian Kendrick stuff though, I think Tony Khan has set himself up for downfall here. If you pander to the self righteous Twitter crowd they know they've got you and will claim faux outrage at every turn. The hypocrisy given the actions and comments of Mike Tyson, Sammy Guevara, Jake Hager, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Justin Roberts and Nyla Rose (some historic and some recent) is there for all to see. We probably will not see The Briscoes now even though they've apologised relentlessly for historical comments and since changed there beliefs.

@The Palace Fan I'm a couple of weeks behind. Good to see moxley back. He looks a lot better.

One thing that is annoying me a bit is brit baker teaming with adam cole. I hope she doesn't just become Adam Coles girlfriend if you get what I mean. She needs to be recognized on her own. 

30 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@The Palace Fan I'm a couple of weeks behind. Good to see moxley back. He looks a lot better.

One thing that is annoying me a bit is brit baker teaming with adam cole. I hope she doesn't just become Adam Coles girlfriend if you get what I mean. She needs to be recognized on her own. 

Adam Cole gets worse.

Hopefully he gets serious again soon.

• Administrator
On 01/02/2022 at 11:26, Gunnersauraus said:

I remember them well. Bull Buchanan was a beast. 

13 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Brian Kendrick requested his release, he got it and then signed for AEW. Twitter Cancel Culture then woke up and dug up some pretty outrageous comments he made on 2011 regarding the holocaust, Haiti earthquake and some other mental stuff. Tony Khan then subsequently removed him.

That isn't really cancel culture though, that's just a consequence of doing something stupid. Granted a decade ago is a long time but getting bitten on the arse for being stupid isn't really cancel culture. I think cancel culture would be more along the lines of
'I think XYZ is sexist/racist/bad'
'any proof?'
'no but he is obviously sexist/racist/bad'

9 minutes ago, Spike said:

That isn't really cancel culture though, that's just a consequence of doing something stupid. Granted a decade ago is a long time but getting bitten on the arse for being stupid isn't really cancel culture. I think cancel culture would be more along the lines of
'I think XYZ is sexist/racist/bad'
'any proof?'
'no but he is obviously sexist/racist/bad'

I was more describing the weird Wrestling fans on Twitter who seem to be angry about a different subject every day and demand change in as few words as possible as opposed to the term in a wider social context. 

4 minutes ago, The Palace Fan said:

I was more describing the weird Wrestling fans on Twitter who seem to be angry about a different subject every day and demand change in as few words as possible as opposed to the term in a wider social context. 

Wrestling fans are weird that is true.

• Haha 1