talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

To be fair aew doesnt normally have that much blood in one episode. Personally I like hardcore wrestling but can understand how some people might not.

I was quite surprised by the quick face turn of the bucks. Normally aew tends to do it more slowly. They were getting good reactions from the crowd so probably was the right time. 

Pac defends the all Atlantic championship a lot in rev pro. Might go watch a show 

• Subscriber

I think Drew is going to be the man to finally take the titles off Roman. Not sure if the circumstances but given the location of the event I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see it happen. 

Edited by JoshBRFC

On 25/08/2022 at 11:58, 6666 said:

Either everything is falling apart behind the curtain in AEW or they're just going worked shoot crazy.

I think it's the latter.

Tournaments, announcements,  signings, themed shows, factions, managers... they overdo everything to the point where nothing has an impact anymore.

Tony Khan has wasted the greatest opportunity to influence the Wrestling world in the last 25 years because he's incapable of delegating tasks to people that know what they're doing.

11 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

I think Drew is going to be the man to finally take the titles off Roman. Not sure if the circumstances but given the location of the event I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see it happen. 

I've got tickets so I hope so. 

I was really on board with Roman at first but since that lame WrestleMania match and him going part time he feels like a budget Aquaman.

My head thinks that Dwayne's calendar is free for WrestleMania though and him vs Roman will be the money match.

• Subscriber

A budget Aquaman hahahahaha brilliant.

Do you think that will finally happen? Rock v Reigns? Rock to win the rumble, maybe? But saying that I kinda feel a Cody return to win the rumble is on the cards.

I don’t see the point in the Rock coming back to put Reigns over, he doesn’t need it ffs. I used to like him tbh when everyone else hated him, but I feel this run has gone on for too long now. 

On 25/08/2022 at 11:58, 6666 said:

Either everything is falling apart behind the curtain in AEW or they're just going worked shoot crazy.

I think it's part of a cm punk heel turn. When you look at it you have moxley, punk, danielson, omega and Page. That is to many top faces. Punk will probably turn heel I think 

1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

I think it's part of a cm punk heel turn. When you look at it you have moxley, punk, danielson, omega and Page. That is to many top faces. Punk will probably turn heel I think 

There's also the stuff about Eddie Kingston apparently punching Sammy Guevara because he didn't like Sammy mentioning his weight, and also some stuff involving Thunder Rosa and Baker/Hayter.

Conveniently they're all in feuds with each other already...

• Upvote 1

On 28/08/2022 at 09:54, JoshBRFC said:

A budget Aquaman hahahahaha brilliant.

Do you think that will finally happen? Rock v Reigns? Rock to win the rumble, maybe? But saying that I kinda feel a Cody return to win the rumble is on the cards.

I don’t see the point in the Rock coming back to put Reigns over, he doesn’t need it ffs. I used to like him tbh when everyone else hated him, but I feel this run has gone on for too long now. 

I think Roman beating Rock was Vince's last big idea but Cody isn't a bad plan B given how super Vince made him look.

On 29/08/2022 at 14:41, 6666 said:

There's also the stuff about Eddie Kingston apparently punching Sammy Guevara because he didn't like Sammy mentioning his weight, and also some stuff involving Thunder Rosa and Baker/Hayter.

Conveniently they're all in feuds with each other already...

And MJF. I didn't know about the other ones. Maybe they are just trying to create that image that although its scripted the rivalries are real. Some people like to think thats true. Most people would know better but it might please a couple of naive people. 

On 28/08/2022 at 09:38, The Palace Fan said:

I've got tickets so I hope so. 

I was really on board with Roman at first but since that lame WrestleMania match and him going part time he feels like a budget Aquaman.

My head thinks that Dwayne's calendar is free for WrestleMania though and him vs Roman will be the money match.

You may have randomly seen me at some point as despite not watching WWE for some time, I had tickets for it (that and the Deadman show the night before).

What did you think of it?

8 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

How epic is this

The crowd went nuts when Edge came out as you showed above. 

18 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

You may have randomly seen me at some point as despite not watching WWE for some time, I had tickets for it (that and the Deadman show the night before).

What did you think of it?

The crowd went nuts when Edge came out as you showed above. 

It was great. Wasn't a big fan of the ending but other than that good fun.

5 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Both good views fellas! I bet it was a great event to be part of. UK fans are the best in the world.

Probably because it comes so infrequently that everyone gets super hyped. If you had 200+ shows a year you'd be less pumped.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Probably because it comes so infrequently that everyone gets super hyped. If you had 200+ shows a year you'd be less pumped.

Boxing…. Time and time again we prove we have the best fans. And combat sports athletes know that.