talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

3 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

We have boxing events every week. 200 shows a year. It was in reply to your weak point ;) 

Yes this still isn’t boxing, whatever boxing does is irrelevant to this. It is like saying the A-League must sell out because the AFL does.

38 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The online wars between Punk fans and Elite fans are incredible. The indy gang actually think Punk should be fired because... he was assaulted by 3 men in his locker room? 

The locker room is ganging up on Punk backstage and throwing shots in the ring but him firing back at them is supposedly too much. 😂

I wonder if Tony Khan has it in him to tell all of them to calm down and move on...

Most of this is happening in the locker room and we don't know what exactly happened there but this is great stuff.

On 06/09/2022 at 23:58, Devil-Dick Willie said:

The online wars between Punk fans and Elite fans are incredible. The indy gang actually think Punk should be fired because... he was assaulted by 3 men in his locker room? 

I'm leaning towards work just because I'd like to think that there is no actual way grown men would behave like this.

Nobody comes out of this good if its real. Tony Khan sat there when CM Punk ran down his EVP's in the press conferance, has allowed this situation the fester for months and has publicly praised CM Punk to the point that he thinks he's in a position to do as he pleases. CM Punk is doing his 'woe is me' routine that he's got history for and calling out people he knows physically cannot respond. Whilst The Elite shouldn't be having backstage altercations given they're meant to be EVP's and there whole leaking stories to fake journalists like Meltzer is whats got them in this situation in the first place.

21 minutes ago, 6666 said:

The person this has fucked over the most is MJF.

He did the same to Wardlow so fuck him. 

To be fair to Punk, in the wise words of the dude "You're not wrong you're just an asshole". Because he instigated none of this and while he shouldn't say the shit he said, none of it missed the mark. 

If you map the basic timeline

Tony moves Cobana to impact because he was doing fuck all anyway and he wants to move him away from the incoming Punk pre-emptively.

Hangman loses his belt and goes off script in a promo crying about "punk getting Cobana fired"... Except Cobana was moved not fired and Punk had nothing to do with it. 

Punk retaliates by making Hangman look like a pussy, making a call out he knows he can't answer on live TV. To be fair at least this kept things 'keyfabe' rather than airing laundry. 

The fake wrestling media who are friends with the elite, crucify Punk 

Punk calls them all out at the press conference, saying Hangman is a dumb cunt who sabotaged the PPV by trying to undermine the companies biggest babyface (he is correct)

They storm into Punks locker room in retaliation and Punk and Ace fucking belt them. 

Punk has employed the Israel tactic of getting 7x vengeance for the slights done to him. But the elite have lead this dance every step of the way. 

• Upvote 1

I grew up in the attitude era, kind of stopped watching like 10 or so years ago but watching the other night, seeing the Rated R superstar back was a throw back to a great era.   there don't seem to be any good mic personalities or charismatic figures.   Seth Rollins could be but he is to small to lead.

3 hours ago, 6666 said:

The person this has fucked over the most is MJF.

I still think that was a work to be honest. Very convenient that he returned the night the next shoot angle began.

Whilst it's achieved its purpose of getting everybody talking about AEW on the Internet (people were wondering nine months what angle they'd create to do so) I'm not sure making your company look more unstable and disorganised than WCW 1999 is a going to attract more fans long term.

On 07/09/2022 at 14:25, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He did the same to Wardlow so fuck him. 

To be fair to Punk, in the wise words of the dude "You're not wrong you're just an asshole". Because he instigated none of this and while he shouldn't say the shit he said, none of it missed the mark. 

If you map the basic timeline

Tony moves Cobana to impact because he was doing fuck all anyway and he wants to move him away from the incoming Punk pre-emptively.

Hangman loses his belt and goes off script in a promo crying about "punk getting Cobana fired"... Except Cobana was moved not fired and Punk had nothing to do with it. 

Punk retaliates by making Hangman look like a pussy, making a call out he knows he can't answer on live TV. To be fair at least this kept things 'keyfabe' rather than airing laundry. 

The fake wrestling media who are friends with the elite, crucify Punk 

Punk calls them all out at the press conference, saying Hangman is a dumb cunt who sabotaged the PPV by trying to undermine the companies biggest babyface (he is correct)

They storm into Punks locker room in retaliation and Punk and Ace fucking belt them. 

Punk has employed the Israel tactic of getting 7x vengeance for the slights done to him. But the elite have lead this dance every step of the way. 

It's just weird to me that he didn't care about Kingston calling him an arsehole, or MJF bringing up Colt Cabanna, but as soon as Adam Page said: "I'm going to save AEW from you" he turns in to somebody that ruins locker rooms which a small section of insiders have portrayed him as for 20+ years.

There's no way grown men in this industry can behave like this, then again Punk fell out with Hornswoggle because he asked for a mutual friends number.

On 07/09/2022 at 17:36, The Palace Fan said:

It's just weird to me that he didn't care about Kingston calling him an arsehole, or MJF bringing up Colt Cabanna, but as soon as Adam Page said: "I'm going to save AEW from you" he turns in to somebody that ruins locker rooms which a small section of insiders have portrayed him as for 20+ years.

I think the locker room was ruined already. Punk is a pro, he is there to work. The Elite have been elevated to a spot they never should have and are trying to defend it from outsiders. Hence the "I wanna save my toxic environment from people like you" promo, which punk only took exception to, because as he said, he's the top babyface and the PPV didn't need that dark cloud. 

10 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I think the locker room was ruined already. Punk is a pro, he is there to work. The Elite have been elevated to a spot they never should have and are trying to defend it from outsiders. Hence the "I wanna save my toxic environment from people like you" promo, which punk only took exception to, because as he said, he's the top babyface and the PPV didn't need that dark cloud. 

I dont think Punk can be called a pro. His track record suggests anything but. Every promotion he's been in he's caused problems and at some point he's got to look in the mirror. This situation is hysterically embarrassing for him and everybody else involved.

They've been hinting at Punk being an arsehole through his previous two feuds. If anything that Page promo felt like a continuation of what has always felt like an eventual heel turn for the smart marks because Punk is inevitably going to turn heel as he's better at it. Nobody was going to not buy the PPV because Punk may turn heel in six months. Everyone wanted to see him become Champion.

Whilst I hope we get to see FTR vs Bucks III down the line (and I imagine we will) I can't help but feel the trios titles was a good way to segregate what The Elite do from the rest which is what the fan base riled by people like Cornette want. They really should have done it two years earlier.

3 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I dont think Punk can be called a pro. His track record suggests anything but. Every promotion he's been in he's caused problems and at some point he's got to look in the mirror. This situation is hysterically embarrassing for him and everybody else involved.

They've been hinting at Punk being an arsehole through his previous two feuds. If anything that Page promo felt like a continuation of what has always felt like an eventual heel turn for the smart marks because Punk is inevitably going to turn heel as he's better at it. Nobody was going to not buy the PPV because Punk may turn heel in six months. Everyone wanted to see him become Champion.

Whilst I hope we get to see FTR vs Bucks III down the line (and I imagine we will) I can't help but feel the trios titles was a good way to segregate what The Elite do from the rest which is what the fan base riled by people like Cornette want. They really should have done it two years earlier.

He had problems at 1 promotion. All justified. 
Yeah, hes a bitter cunt, and no, his actions at the conference weren't great, but they were provoked. 

Yes, and he's always been better as a heel or an anti hero, and of course they would have gone in that direction. 

And finally, the Bucks hate putting FTR over, (they aren't even in Kennys game) And if there is one thing AEW has shown us, it's that Kenny and the Bucks, ESPECIALLY the Bucks, aren't special. They're a flippy tag team, which are now a dime a dozen. They look like shit, they're aging, they can't promo. They'd be decent in their old role of BC midcard tag team heels. Able to pump out opening matches on PPV, occasionally carry the belts, and have some good matches putting over teams like FTR, The Acclaimed, Swerve + Lee ect. You know, teams who have something interesting going for them. 
Kenny is a hell of an in ring wrestler, though a bit airy fairy at times (was the same in NJPW). But the guy is not a draw. The over the top heel shit was woeful, and he's never been an inspiring babyface. The best Omega is the best bout machine. You shut him up, wind him up, and put him in the ring against DBry, Cesaro, Adam Cole, Kyle O'riely in 30 minute matches. If the crowd get behind him, he can do short heel promos and put a strap on him.

Now way should the wrestlers who fit that description be EVPs

1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

He had problems at 1 promotion. All justified. 
Yeah, hes a bitter cunt, and no, his actions at the conference weren't great, but they were provoked. 

Yes, and he's always been better as a heel or an anti hero, and of course they would have gone in that direction. 

And finally, the Bucks hate putting FTR over, (they aren't even in Kennys game) And if there is one thing AEW has shown us, it's that Kenny and the Bucks, ESPECIALLY the Bucks, aren't special. They're a flippy tag team, which are now a dime a dozen. They look like shit, they're aging, they can't promo. They'd be decent in their old role of BC midcard tag team heels. Able to pump out opening matches on PPV, occasionally carry the belts, and have some good matches putting over teams like FTR, The Acclaimed, Swerve + Lee ect. You know, teams who have something interesting going for them. 
Kenny is a hell of an in ring wrestler, though a bit airy fairy at times (was the same in NJPW). But the guy is not a draw. The over the top heel shit was woeful, and he's never been an inspiring babyface. The best Omega is the best bout machine. You shut him up, wind him up, and put him in the ring against DBry, Cesaro, Adam Cole, Kyle O'riely in 30 minute matches. If the crowd get behind him, he can do short heel promos and put a strap on him.

Now way should the wrestlers who fit that description be EVPs

I like The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega but I dont think they should hold those job titles. Im sure there would have been a way to appease them in the beginning (like getting international exposure on a big network weekly) than giving them significanr job titles. We've seen with Kevin Nash, Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Jeff Jarrett etc it never works having live performers in prominent positions. It amazes me TK doesn't lean more on Paul Wight, Mark Henry, Christian, Billy Gunn, Jerry Lynn, Dustin Rhodes, Arn Anderson, Dean Malenko, Tully Blanchard, Jake Roberts, BJ Whitmer, Taz etc. And let's not get started on the conversation of a Booker.

To suggest Kenny left them out of a video game because of his friendship is a far stretch but looking at the quality of that game I think FTR will be happy to distance themselves. It looks worse than games released 15+ years ago.

As for CM Punk you've pretty much just stated why I don't think you can call him or anybody involved in this mess professional.

If they were all teaming up and making things difficult for him backstage because of Colt Cabana being moved, then you can't really blame him for going after them. Regardless of his reputation of being difficult, this is a situation where you can't really blame him.

We don't have a lot of information though. Most of it happened away from the cameras and we really don't know the details.

5 hours ago, 6666 said:

If they were all teaming up and making things difficult for him backstage because of Colt Cabana being moved, then you can't really blame him for going after them. Regardless of his reputation of being difficult, this is a situation where you can't really blame him.

We don't have a lot of information though. Most of it happened away from the cameras and we really don't know the details.

There's literally a million better ways to do it than making your boss look like a cuck in a media scrum.

They all look hilariously pathetic.

CM Punk is old and a cunt but his misgivings are justified. He does love to moan but whenever he does there is a very strong reason. Colt Cobana is a bitch and that cunt isn't hurting for money, you guys wouldn't know but whenever you drive up 294 in Chicago you see the prick's face plastered on dozens of billboards advertising custom t-shirt printing.

5 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

@The Palace Fan You think kenny omega 'accidentally' left the number 1 tag team in AEW out of the video game? 

And no, it's a huge payday for them. They'd want to be in it (and they do)

Cash Wheeler said its a 'non issue':

https://wrestlingnews.co/aew-news/ftr-address-being-removed-from-aew-video-game

So they'll probably be in the first DLC.

Contrary to what Jim Cornette wants you to believe, Kenny Omega is a grown man and will want this game to be a success.

6 hours ago, Spike said:

CM Punk is old and a cunt but his misgivings are justified. He does love to moan but whenever he does there is a very strong reason. Colt Cobana is a bitch and that cunt isn't hurting for money, you guys wouldn't know but whenever you drive up 294 in Chicago you see the prick's face plastered on dozens of billboards advertising custom t-shirt printing.

Well firstly seeing Colt Cabanna's face everywhere would really irritate me.

For me it's more about how Punk's aired his misgivings as opposed to what his misgivings are. Just makes him look as pathetic as the rest of them. 

Now he's injured for 6 to 8 months too. Which makes the decision to put the title on an old, hot headed, injury susceptible wrestler even more laughable. Which seems to be the theme of the PPV really.

• 2 weeks later...