talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

4 hours ago, 6666 said:

That's still not "blood money"...

And of course they're just doing it for the money but can't just use random terms to describe it.

Can't blame them either really. They're getting insane money for putting on a wrestling show. Plenty to criticise Saudi Arabia for but can't say I care about them paying money to put on some wrestling.

It's a 2 way street though isn't it? WWE get paid not just to 'put on some wrestling' but to shill for Saudi Arabia as a progressive country and wonderful holiday destination and harp on about how it's 'almost legal for women to drive!'

4 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Yeah, cashing in the briefcase on a title with open challenges just seems bizarre. Guess they’re fucking off MITB altogether in the future.

That's a good thing as it just devalues the title. Makes no sense when a babyface cashes in either.

Saying that though, they didn't need to bury Theory like this.

• Like 1

Yeah I think the last good 'cash in' was Dean Ambrose and that was 2016. 

There's been some very good ones over the years (Edge, RVD, Punk, Rollins etc) but the booking has got lazy and they just make the holder lose all the time.

It probably does need to go now. Shame really as its one of the better concepts they've come up with and it could be used to tell some good stories.

Cashing in on an open challenge, on a mid card belt, that he'd already held. That's some TK booking, especially since he's lost about a trillion matches in the last 6 months to every man and his dog. 

If HHH doesn't wanna use him, have him cash in on BB for the NXT strap. Send him back to developmental for a spin. 
If HHH DOES wanna use him, but wanted none of his champs to change, have him cash in on Roman and lose. 

AEW Full Gear card for tonight looks pretty good. First time in well over a year they've got a card full of matches that have stories behind them that have lasted longer than two weeks.

My only complaint is that we have had to endure weeks of them building Daniel Garcia (and to be fair he looked like he has improved) only for him to get randomly demoted and replaced by Sammy Guevara. Nobody cares about Sammy at this point other than Chris Jericho and that's purely for ego purposes.

• 2 weeks later...

WWE and AEW legend Chris Jericho is a believer in the supernatural and he thinks there’s a chance he was once abducted by aliens.

The All Elite Wrestling star, who signed with Tony Khan’s rival promotion in 2019 after an illustrious career in WWE, has recalled a moment when he lost hours of his life with no explanation.

Speaking to Howie Mandel on Howie Does Stuff, he said: ‘I’ve had time displacement. It’s when you can’t account for a certain stretch of time. It’s when you get, like, abducted.

‘I was driving home on a country road and it should have taken me about an hour to get home, and instead of getting home at 2am, I got home at 5pm,. I still don’t know what happened. I don’t know.

'I wasn’t drinking, I wasn’t doing drugs or anything. There is just a big chunk of time missing. I should probably go to a hypnotist and see what happened, if there was any abduction. I’ve had time displacement.’

A polite reminder that this is the person Tony Khan is listening too the most for advice.

On 08/12/2022 at 18:06, Gunnersaurus said:

I'm gonna give the mjf era a chance and then might stop watching wrestling after that. Its not necessarily aew. I just don't think i enjoy wrestling  in general  anymore . I might just watch it casually. 

You may enjoy it more if you follow there YouTube channels?

WWE are pretty immense at uploading about 30% of the show as soon as its finished. When you take out the long entrances and adverts its all you need.

AEW are not as efficient but if you're watching Dynamite on a Friday it's fine as that's when they've uploaded the 6/7 clips of the Dynamite show.

Must say I think William Regal is getting off quite lightly by a lot of people. Regardless of whether he wanted to leave AEW for months or not, calling Tony Khan when he's in hospital with his mum after a second stroke and then to bring that up in conversation for why he wants to leave and be closer to his son is a real dark move. 

The fact AEW have changed there whole A story to accommodate him is baffling. That interview he did where he explained sideing with MJF is one of the worst things I've ever seen, and the fact he agreed to do that and pushed Wheeler Useless down our throats for nine months makes me wonder if he's all cracked up to be.

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

You may enjoy it more if you follow there YouTube channels?

WWE are pretty immense at uploading about 30% of the show as soon as its finished. When you take out the long entrances and adverts its all you need.

AEW are not as efficient but if you're watching Dynamite on a Friday it's fine as that's when they've uploaded the 6/7 clips of the Dynamite show.

What I'm gonna do is just watch the bits I like and fast forward through the rest. The problem with wrestling is its always on. You never get a break. I think they have a weekly show now but njpw use to only have events I  think which means you get a break from it 

• Administrator

So despite Vince having left WWE, he still has a 80% decision right majority with them. He's trying to force his way back into WWE claiming he got 'bad advice' to quit over allegations he left over. I cannot believe he'd be so insane to do this given it's already hit WWE share prices.