talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wrestling

football forum

I found it hard to watch it after the "ruthless agression era"(in fact, I stopped watching it half way through it, but watched it all back about 8 years ago or so.) @Gunnersaurus, but I loved wrestling, both as a kid when it was Hulk Hogan, etc and as a teen in the Attitude era. But it became boring I thought and I could never regain interest in it again.

Nothing better as far as television was concerned. They were the days. 

Edited by Carnivore Chris

On 16/01/2023 at 03:00, Gunnersaurus said:

Kushida will be wrestling Darby Allin. Should be a great match. When I briefly watched nxt kushida was my favourite wrestler. Fantastic in the ring. Unfortunately he's not signed with aew permanently 

I saw Kushida vs Rocky Romero live in Sydney a few years ago at an NJPW night. Was the best singles match I've ever seen live by a mile. 

7 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I saw Kushida vs Rocky Romero live in Sydney a few years ago at an NJPW night. Was the best singles match I've ever seen live by a mile. 

I think rev pro is linked to njpw isnt it? I wanted to go when will osprey was there but he was injured. Kushida would ne worth making a journey for. Never been to a live wrestling event. Aew is supposed to be coming to England this year. Have tried to get tickets to nxt uk but can't seem to find them. They are not sold on the wwe website or Ticketmaster. Don't watch it but would be good live 

I'm actually kind of mad at AEW for doing so much on TV. Of course the wrestlers are going to pay tribute on social media to their mate, and I have no problem with the armbands. But AEW are leading the charge to be the sadest, and pouring on public announcements and mentioning it on live tv... WHEN THEY REFUSED TO HIRE THE BRICOES!!! They burned them, never featured them, and now they want to suck them off? Get fucked. 

On 03/02/2022 at 20:27, The Palace Fan said:

The Brian Kendrick stuff though, I think Tony Khan has set himself up for downfall here. If you pander to the self righteous Twitter crowd they know they've got you and will claim faux outrage at every turn. The hypocrisy given the actions and comments of Mike Tyson, Sammy Guevara, Jake Hager, Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Justin Roberts and Nyla Rose (some historic and some recent) is there for all to see. We probably will not see The Briscoes now even though they've apologised relentlessly for historical comments and since changed there beliefs.

But AEW are first in line to virtue signal after his demise. :(

On 04/02/2022 at 10:41, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist. Now, any decent lawyer would have got him off those charges, but that's not the point. The fact that he is in, but the Briscoes and Kendrick are out? 
Brian Kendrick would be the go to guy for teaching AEWs young talent some of the ins and outs of big time wrestling. You wouldn't even need to put him on TV. 

The Bloodline stuff at the end was beautifully done.

8 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

So what was the reaction like when cody rhodes won the rumble? Everyone knew he was gonna win it anyway but was it a good reaction or bad one?

It made sense and I think most people are on board. They messed up by not having the other wrestler in the final 2 be someone that people could've seen winning. After Rollins was eliminated, it was a lot of waiting until Cody winning was confirmed. Gunther is a beast though.

• Subscriber
21 hours ago, 6666 said:

The Bloodline stuff at the end was beautifully done.

It made sense and I think most people are on board. They messed up by not having the other wrestler in the final 2 be someone that people could've seen winning. After Rollins was eliminated, it was a lot of waiting until Cody winning was confirmed. Gunther is a beast though.

It was amazingly done. What a pop. I just hope it’s not ruined. Zany needs to go and win something now. 

I watched it live with a group of people. Two of which haven't watched since last year's WrestleMania which made it more interesting.

I really enjoyed the men's Royal Rumble and thought the agents did a really good job. Compared to last years its chalk and cheese. One noticeable thing is the people who hadn't seen Gunther before didn't realise what the rest of us were excited about after seeing what he looked like before they saw him wrestle. They initially saw another Kozlov. By the end they got the hype.

We made a joke at that point "We might as well go home after that as they're not going to better it" and sadly I wish I did.

The Bray Wyatt match wasn't for me but I get why others like it, the Bianca ending was a bit 'was that it?', the women's Rumble was good with the last five but really lacked any star power for most parts.

That signer coming on at half four in the morning knowing I was up at nine and atill had to sit through Roman's entrance was soul destroying.

The Roman match felt like going on last we'd see a big return so to get a story beat instead at 5.15 felt underwhelming at the time. Its something I would have enjoyed a lot more if I watched it the next day as opposed to live.

The problem with Cody in aew was he had to much power.  He's a good wrestler and good on the mike.  If he'd just been in the roster but had no power he could have been champion and people would of been fine with it. 

As for aew. I started watching it again a few weeks ago. I do think it is getting better again with top wrestlers coming back. I think mjf as champion is working well. I personally think the first few championship reigns were good. It went wrong at hangman page for me. He was great as a chaser but not great as a champion. Then there was the cm punk palava and then the moxley reigns didn't work because everyone knew it was a temporary plan. I still don't think it's getting the most out of the talent it has. When it first started they had less talent but got more out of what they had. 

I have noticed there are more promos. Which I think is OK as its still mainly wrestling. But you need more storytelling I think. Its like an action film. It still needs a story to be good.

Speaking of mjf it will be interesting to see what he does next year. He talks about leaving all the time but he doesn't break character even outside aew so no one really knows what he is like. It's hard to find a video of him when he isn't at least a bit in character.

7 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@The Palace Fan the guns are aew tag team champions. Aew is falling to pieces

They need a booker badly...

Eddie Kingston organically gets over... they sandbag him to Jericho.

Miro organically gets over... they make him lose to a prune like Sammy Guevara.

Wardlow organically gets over... they make him look less than an 140 pound skateboarder.

FTR gets over... they're kept off TV.

Ricky Starks gets over... he loses to Daniel Garcia.

The Acclaimed gets over... they take away there titles.

Some of the decision making is so bad it's hilarious.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

IMO the only way to resolve the WWE championship cleanly is to have sami get screwed at EC, but get a WM night 2 rematch. Cody beats roman night 1 for the belt of his choice (WWE championship) and Sami, with Jimmy Usos assistance, wins night 2. 

You split the belts, you get both babyfaces over. 

38 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

IMO the only way to resolve the WWE championship cleanly is to have sami get screwed at EC, but get a WM night 2 rematch. Cody beats roman night 1 for the belt of his choice (WWE championship) and Sami, with Jimmy Usos assistance, wins night 2. 

You split the belts, you get both babyfaces over. 

I hope they never split the belts

27 minutes ago, Spike said:

I hope they never split the belts

I don't mind the odd double title reign. But with both shows on separate networks with their own rosters, each needs a championship. Reigns has worked as double champ because he's had the storylines to go with it. If you had someone like a Brock as champ champ then you're kinda just fucked. People would either burn out seeing the same guy twice a week or would resent an absent champ (like Brock)